Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Ender's Taco

Old 11-21-2012, 10:15 AM   #1
Enders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Ben
Enders Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Ender's Taco

4-2014

Mod List

Exterior
Icon Standard travel front shock with king 700# 14" springs and 2.0 VS shocks in the rear
Icon UCA
All Pro U Bolt flip
All Pro Expo Leaf pack
All Pro SS Brake lines
Gibson Exhaust
AllPro APEX front bumper with front hoop
Warn VR-8000S
AllPro bolt on Sliders
AllPro 3 piece skids
ATO Bed rack - modified, top lowered 9 inches, widened by 5 inches
Brute Force Hi clearance rear with quarter panel protection and swing out
CVT Mt Shasta RTT
Wilson 1000 whip CB antennae, roof mounted
Koenig Countersteer 16x8 with 4.5" BS
BFG ATKO 285/75R16 Load Range E
Color matched front grill/badge delete/flap delete
Fog anytime mod mk III (disassemble fuse box version, was PITA)

Interior
URD Short Shifter
Pioneer AVIC x930BT Nav with mute wire mod
Make shift iPhone 5/5s adapter cable
Polk speakers front and rear
iPhone connection cable
Midland 75-822 Cb mounter to dash stack
Hidden power point under cup holders

Bed
Expedition outfitters fridge slide with camp stove
LED lighting
Custom switch panel in bed pocket

Upcoming Mods
BHLM with Retrofit
dual battery / marine battery
fridge (arb 50qt has arrived)

Purchased 2011 Tacoma DCAB 4x4 6spd OR in October of 2011.

This was the first time she towed. Drove like crazy to get the first 500 miles on then up we went. Was the first time I needed 1st gear.

Here is the last stock pic I have of it. Went out to Texas for Christmas and there is something about this truck at my dads place. It fits!

The first mod I did was sound. My last two cars were Lexus and I got used to higher sound quality so I picked up an Pioneer x930BT and Polk Audio speakers for the front and rear. It made a huge improvement in sound quality. I have also modded the radio to allow video playback while in motion. Makes long trips so much easier.

Next up was suspension. I had planned on going OME but at the last minute went with standard travel Icon's instead. If you are thinking about suspension, I must admit that I am hugely impressed with the Icons. Here is a pic of the stock vs Icon so you can see the difference in shock size.

I was super impressed! I got a wild hair up my arse and wanted to see how it looked compared to the Baja Taco. My rake was more pronounced and IMHO I like my set up better than what they have.

I have done three aesthetic mods to the truck; debadging, delete mud flaps and color matched grill. I love how clean it looks with the grill color matched. I dont need no skewp!!

Old 11-21-2012, 10:15 AM   #2
Enders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnders Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
I started saving for armor and just as I was getting ready to buy some, I came across All-pro's APEX release sale. I love the bumper and get compliments all the time, but I would encourage anyone to read up on the customer service aspect so they know what to expect prior to ordering. I purchased the APEX and their rock sliders.

I was going to paint it flat black rustoleum however, it was hot as hell and my time for painting was interrupted by work and rain. I ended up going with rustoleum bedliner and have been very happy with the appearance and the texture. It also covered a lot of the parts where I had issues. Used four cans between the bumper and the sliders. The same day these were installed, my Konig countersteers and BFG all terrains came in. I went with the load range E for the taller profile and lower price. I've been very happy with them even though they are heavy as shit!

I get the itch for a RTT. Although it has not arrived yet, I found a smoking deal on a bed rack for it. I picked it up last month. I understand it was ATO's original design.

I talked to a local welder that makes a lot of jeep bumpers about cutting it down about 9". I'm hoping it will bring at least half of the tent into the trucks slipstream while still leaving the bed usable. I'll also be getting some brackets for my Hi Lift welded on too.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:22 AM   #3
-
Namyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Namyo's Tacoma Gallery
Old 03-18-2013, 11:04 AM   #4

Law Enforcement:
It's been too long since I updated this. These are the final pictures to the altered bed rack

With hi lift mounted

Then came the tent!

Since these were taken, I've had the tent deployed at ShoeCreek in temps that dipped down in the low teens. My bag is rated to 0 and I was nice and cozy all night. Also, I have a preteen daughter that's becoming a book nerd. I don't like getting drunk around her so I installed some LED lights in the tent so she can read and I can drink. I was very pleased with the trial run but I need to clean up the internal wiring a bit.

I've also installed AllPro's expo leaf packs and its made a big difference in ride comfort and raised the rear stance.

Lastly, I gave up on a b-pillar mounting for a CB. My ass is just too big and my legs too long. After pulling it from the pillar a couple of times getting out of the truck, I went to a Midland 75-822. It's small, doubles as a portable and does the job
Old 05-07-2013, 09:48 AM   #5
Patmac has a spectacular aura aboutPatmac has a spectacular aura about

Name: Pat
Patmac's Tacoma Gallery
sweeeeeet build!
Old 05-07-2013, 01:00 PM   #6
Senior Clown
Werkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
Werkro01's Tacoma Gallery
So you like the Icons... I've been thinking about what I want to do with the suspension on mine. You can do a moderate lift with them right what did you set yours at? Also how's the ride on the road?
Old 05-07-2013, 04:56 PM   #7

Law Enforcement:
Mine are set at 2 1/4 and the ride is as good as stock on road and substantially improved off road. Worth the money.

I do wish I would have got the extended travel, especially in the rear. That's my only regret tho.

If you have a plate bumper or are planning one I'd recommend ordering it with a more firm spring or a longer spring. I do plan on upgrading them when I go for a winch.
Old 08-31-2013, 11:41 PM   #10

Law Enforcement:
It's nice. I use it constantly, just because I can. Need to update pics. Just added underbelly protection. And the winch is pending installation
Old 10-09-2013, 07:20 AM   #11

Law Enforcement:
Updated suspension/mod listing. I'll get some photos from URE this weekend
Old 10-09-2013, 09:39 AM   #12
I love your mom!
Slimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Sergeant First Class
Name: Linwood
Slimwood Shady's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enders Taco View Post
Updated suspension/mod listing. I'll get some photos from URE this weekend
The plan for this weekend...

Meet up time with Me, Phil, ckeene, Ronnie, and possibly Paul at, 1400 Country Lane, South Hill, 23970 at 730PM

Some of us are meeting at 1800 at the Crackel Barrel at that same exit. If you look on google maps at the address, you will see it...
Old 10-09-2013, 09:45 AM   #13

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimwood Shady View Post
The plan for this weekend...

Meet up time with Me, Phil, ckeene, Ronnie, and possibly Paul at, 1400 Country Lane, South Hill, 23970 at 730PM

Some of us are meeting at 1800 at the Crackel Barrel at that same exit. If you look on google maps at the address, you will see it...
1800 Friday?
Old 10-10-2013, 11:14 AM   #15
Will work for Lockers!
loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Chief Petty Officer
Name: Phil
loco's Tacoma Gallery
Ohhh yes Big Ben is coming!
Old 10-10-2013, 11:15 AM   #16
Will work for Lockers!
loco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shedloco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

loco's Tacoma Gallery
Also you bringing your Pooch? Mines coming since my wife is outta town with the other dog.
Old 10-10-2013, 06:46 PM   #17

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by loco View Post
Also you bringing your Pooch? Mines coming since my wife is outta town with the other dog.
I was planning on bringing the dog and leaving the kid.
Old 10-10-2013, 06:50 PM   #18
Will work for Lockers!

loco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enders Taco View Post
I was planning on bringing the dog and leaving the kid.
Sounds like a plan. Hopefully ours get along.
Old 10-11-2013, 12:44 PM   #19

Law Enforcement:
My gps has an issue with the address. Will check in when I cross into NC
Old 10-12-2013, 02:26 PM   #20

Law Enforcement:

URE pics!