Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Operation O.R.

Old 12-28-2012, 05:09 PM   #21
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
I basically have my own RTI ramp at my house which is pretty nice. I'm pretty happy with the amount of travel on the truck now, but it's also making me nervous about running stock brake lines. Got an alignment today as well. Camber and toe came in just fine. However, the caster was giving the tech some issues. Seems that the bushing around the caster adjustment bolt was spinning causing some issues, but the truck drives great and actually handled a lot of the vibration issues I was getting

Old 12-28-2012, 06:20 PM   #22
silver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: COIL
silver07taco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to silver07taco
Looking good, unless you buy new brake lines you can make a spacer to push the brake lines up.
Old 12-28-2012, 06:39 PM   #23
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver07taco View Post
Looking good, unless you buy new brake lines you can make a spacer to push the brake lines up.
Okay cool. Will you be free on the 5th?
Old 12-28-2012, 07:19 PM   #24
silver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumNutz View Post
Okay cool. Will you be free on the 5th?
I might be around. What els do you have to do?
Old 12-28-2012, 07:40 PM   #25
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I might be around. What els do you have to do?
Well hopefully the bumper will be here. It shipped through Fastenal today so hopefully it will be here in a week

IF the bumper makes it, I'm hoping we can wire up the winch. If that gets done quickly, I'd like to pre-wire my light bar up to the headliner (leaving it disconnected from the battery obviously), so that when it is installed on the 9th I can do a quick solder job and it would be all done.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:05 PM   #27

Quote:
Well hopefully the bumper will be here. It shipped through Fastenal today so hopefully it will be here in a week

IF the bumper makes it, I'm hoping we can wire up the winch. If that gets done quickly, I'd like to pre-wire my light bar up to the headliner (leaving it disconnected from the battery obviously), so that when it is installed on the 9th I can do a quick solder job and it would be all done.
Basic stuff then
Old 12-28-2012, 08:08 PM   #28
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Basic stuff then
Yea should be pretty straight forward I think.
Old 12-29-2012, 06:46 PM   #30
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondarubiconowner View Post
Looking awesome so far man!
Thanks man!

Couple updates...

Here is the bumper

And here is the mock up of the roof mount for my 40" LED light bar...

Old 12-29-2012, 07:15 PM   #31

Going to drill into the roof to mount the led bar?
Old 12-29-2012, 07:24 PM   #32
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Going to drill into the roof to mount the led bar?
Yup. It's being done by a professional (same guy whose making the mounts). I don't have those balls.
Old 12-29-2012, 07:27 PM   #33

Quote:
Yup. It's being done by a professional (same guy whose making the mounts). I don't have those balls.
Old 12-29-2012, 07:35 PM   #34
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good, where you getting the funds to back the major overhaul of your truck lol

You're doing a complete 180 from where your truck was going, looking forward to seeing where this direction goes as well....
Old 12-29-2012, 07:38 PM   #35
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletToothTony View Post
Looks good, where you getting the funds to back the major overhaul of your truck lol

You're doing a complete 180 from where your truck was going, looking forward to seeing where this direction goes as well....
Sold my motorcycle. Didn't want to take it to Cali and it would just sit during training anyway so I decide to get rid of it while it still had a lot of value. On an ROTC scholarship, get paid $400 a month through my stipend, so I really have no expenses.
Old 01-03-2013, 02:24 PM   #36
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Stopped by Fastenal because they don't have tracking information available online or anything. The bumper didn't leave Cali until last night and they're expecting it to take a week to a week and a half to get here.

Old 01-08-2013, 11:30 AM   #37
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
My newest acquirement for the trip. I'll be going through the Utah CCW course before the trip to be able to carry in the states we will be traveling.

Springfield XDM .40 4.5"

Old 01-12-2013, 09:15 PM   #38
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Got the bumper and winch on today...

Coil (Silver07taco) destroying my truck

Remote mounted solenoid

Siliconing all the contacts to prevent moisture issues

All bolted up

Old 01-13-2013, 04:21 PM   #39
MontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to behold

Name: Colter
MontanaTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good!
Old 01-13-2013, 05:49 PM   #40
One of the original 7928
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaTaco View Post
Looks good!
Thank you!