Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Gramp's Old Guy Build (2007 DCSB Desert Sand)

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-07-2013, 07:52 PM   #222
He who walk with a Cane
CoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gramps
CoTacoTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hard2kill View Post
lmao...i wish i was in your part of the country :/
doesn't look like ill get my shackle flip in this month...let me know how you like the new shackles buddy id like to get grease-able ones myself..
Will do. I will update this thread after install. I have a feeling I will be shopping for new bump stops after this.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:55 PM   #223
He who walk with a Cane
CoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Well figured I best get a before pic up of the chrome lights and chrome grill.

They are no longer chrome. First coat of paint is on for now. Grill needs some good sanding and a couple of more coats.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:29 AM   #224
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
so i think i see an issue with running defined and a shackle flip...

see the issue?
Old 04-08-2013, 07:09 AM   #225
rockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
rockgecko03's Tacoma Gallery
the zerk will be a PITA to get to?
Old 04-08-2013, 07:13 AM   #226
He who walk with a Cane

Not that bad. I think you can grease it at rest. If not you could jack up the side of the truck and have the shackle hang down a bit. Bob if you are concerned about clearance I have plenty of room now to clear the zerk.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:49 AM   #227
pavement is boring....
lotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jace
lotsoftoys's Tacoma Gallery
i see plenty of room?
Old 04-08-2013, 08:03 AM   #228
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
having enough room up there would be my concern so you don't shear off the zerk...

greasing would be a pain too, but doable..

hard to see with the pic the clearance up there...good to know you have room though..so you're saying i have a chance
Old 04-08-2013, 08:29 AM   #229
pavement is boring....
lotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shed

eh.. itll self clear
Old 04-08-2013, 08:54 AM   #230
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
hahaha...then what the hell would be the point of having these then

would be an expensive mistake
Old 04-08-2013, 09:20 AM   #231
He who walk with a Cane

I guess we shall find out more this weekend.

Why is it so damn hard to find clear coat in a spray can in a matte or flat finish?
Old 04-08-2013, 09:26 AM   #232
pavement is boring....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoTacoTRD View Post
I guess we shall find out more this weekend.

Why is it so damn hard to find clear coat in a spray can in a matte or flat finish?
its not, home depot. i use the flat clear all the time
Old 04-08-2013, 09:27 AM   #233
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
likewise...i have some at home
Old 04-08-2013, 09:27 AM   #234
pavement is boring....

bob, seems to me youll have to just bolt the shackle up only on the top and swivel it by hand and see if it hits.....
Old 04-08-2013, 09:28 AM   #235
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
yea i'll put the shackle on the flip at home and see how it is before i do anything drastic
Old 04-08-2013, 09:30 AM   #236
He who walk with a Cane

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotsoftoys View Post
its not, home depot. i use the flat clear all the time
Well shit I guess I will try them at lunch. Lowe's did not have it when I was shopping there yesterday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCO View Post
likewise...i have some at home
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotsoftoys View Post
bob, seems to me youll have to just bolt the shackle up only on the top and swivel it by hand and see if it hits.....
This is what I will do as well first to insure they cycle freely.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:37 AM   #237
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
What you making me for lunch? I can look if I get there before you. I'm headed to Home Depot to browse some things.
Old 04-08-2013, 05:23 PM   #238
He who walk with a Cane

Damn missed this. I went to the one by me and got a couple cans. Grilled turned out awesome.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:22 PM   #239
He who walk with a Cane

Gramp's Old Guy Build (2007 DCSB Desert Sand)-uploadfromtaptalk1365470427929.jpg

Sanded Chrome, etching primer, 3 coats flat black sanded inbetween each coat, 2 coats matte clear coat. Nice finish!
Old 04-08-2013, 06:25 PM   #240
pavement is boring....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoTacoTRD View Post
Attachment 206019

Sanded Chrome, etching primer, 3 coats flat black sanded inbetween each coat, 2 coats matte clear coat. Nice finish!
bam! nice job... now Bob needs to take lessons:-)

Products Discussed in this Thread