Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Gramp's Old Guy Build (2007 DCSB Desert Sand)

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-08-2013, 06:41 PM   #241
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotsoftoys View Post
bam! nice job... now Bob needs to take lessons:-)
hahahahaha

4 years of beating in the sun...spray paint jobs tend to show their age
Old 04-08-2013, 06:57 PM   #242
He who walk with a Cane
CoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gramps
CoTacoTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Yeap it sucks exposing hard work to the elements. I am letting this sucker dry indoors for a few days. The clear coat says it could take up to 5 days to fully harden. I need to finish the headlights anyways.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:58 PM   #243
McBuckets
RockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Noah
RockyMtnTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah looks nice eric. Hope it lasts you. Mine still looks good but I just don't like the fact everyone can tell I spray painted it. Oh well, still better than chrome
Old 04-08-2013, 09:07 PM   #244
pavement is boring....
lotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jace
lotsoftoys's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCO View Post
hahahahaha

4 years of beating in the sun...spray paint jobs tend to show their age
just bustin ur balls lol
Old 04-09-2013, 05:20 PM   #245
Legend of the UG
Kappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 307th Expeditionary Sig BN
Name: Mike
Kappes03's Tacoma Gallery
That's why I'm glad I got Phil's magnetic grey grill haha
Old 04-09-2013, 06:33 PM   #246
He who walk with a Cane
CoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappes03 View Post
That's why I'm glad I got Phil's magnetic grey grill haha
Old 04-10-2013, 04:28 PM   #247
He who walk with a Cane

Well Saturday's projects have arrived.

New Greasable Bolts for the springs. I forgot to order the nuts so I will have to pick some up.

And the Defined Engineering Extended Length Shackles.

I forgot how much larger Greasable bolts were. I am going to have to hone the holes on the spring mounts in front and the shackles in back. I will also need to remove the bushing sleeve on the spring bushings. Nothing crazy but a bit more time consuming now.
Old 04-10-2013, 04:41 PM   #248
Hey Now!
w00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shedw00dy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
w00dy's Tacoma Gallery
Great build...Even for an old guy!
Old 04-10-2013, 05:48 PM   #249
He who walk with a Cane

Ha thanks. I never knew 38 was so old until I came to TW with all these kids.
Old 04-10-2013, 08:25 PM   #250
Do you even wheel Bro?
Reeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
Reeeno403's Tacoma Gallery
What size are those new shackles?
Old 04-11-2013, 04:10 AM   #251
He who walk with a Cane

They are 1/2 inch longer over stock. Since the flip I have has adjustable holes I can play around a bit to see what works best.
Old 04-11-2013, 06:02 AM   #252
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
sick mall crawler brah!
Old 04-11-2013, 07:11 AM   #253
He who walk with a Cane

Somebody is in a mood today.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:13 AM   #254
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery

our trucks are neglected
Old 04-11-2013, 07:14 AM   #255
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
i need some time on my truck so i can get it on dirt again
Old 04-11-2013, 07:17 AM   #256
He who walk with a Cane

We are going Sunday right? I will be in the garage all day Saturday if you need to do some things after work in the afternoon.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:34 AM   #257
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
when we doing gussets?
Old 04-11-2013, 07:35 AM   #258
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›

NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoTacoTRD View Post
We are going Sunday right? I will be in the garage all day Saturday if you need to do some things after work in the afternoon.

i wanted to, but it's been snowing all week and more this weekend up there, so i'm going to duck out again and go get some turns on good snow before the spring thaw kicks in

then i have 2 weekends to get the truck ready for cruise
Old 04-11-2013, 07:35 AM   #259
He who walk with a Cane

Cleaned up the lenses on the headlights this morning. Used the 3000 grit wet sanding discs from an old lense renew kit I had and then the head light polish on a buffer to finish them off.

Just a bit of oxidation on them

All cleaned up

The deep pits did not come out. I would have had to go through the entire Lense Renew process and really sand down the lenses to get rid of the pits. But this will work out just fine as the completed headlights will get clear bra on them before install.

Hopefully I will be re-gluing them tonight. Just waiting on something to customize the BHLM. Hopefully it comes in the mail today.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:37 AM   #260
He who walk with a Cane

Quote:
when we doing gussets?
I don't know. Have you talked to Jace to see when he is free?
Quote:
i wanted to, but it's been snowing all week and more this weekend up there, so i'm going to duck out again and go get some turns on good snow before the spring thaw kicks in

then i have 2 weekends to get the truck ready for cruise
Understood. Jace is probably going to sled this weekend too huh?

Products Discussed in this Thread