LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Gramp's Old Guy Build (2007 DCSB Desert Sand)

Old 04-18-2013, 10:56 AM   #281
Maibatsu Monstrosity
Jaime is a glorious beacon of lightJaime is a glorious beacon of lightJaime is a glorious beacon of lightJaime is a glorious beacon of lightJaime is a glorious beacon of lightJaime is a glorious beacon of light
Name: James
Jaime's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoTacoTRD View Post
Sorry man. It was done quite some time ago as part of a charity fund raiser for Wheelers for the Wounded. I did not get pics. But what I did was straight line cut it with a plasma cutter. It meets up with the body line in the middle of the fender. Then we welded a piece of plate back on the end, ground it down and sprayed it black. Plenty of room so far and it should clear 35's in the future.
No worries - appreciate the description. I now have a pretty good sense for how and where you trimmed it from your pictures as well.
Old 04-21-2013, 05:44 PM   #282
He who walk with a Cane
CoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gramps
CoTacoTRD's Tacoma Gallery
OK. Got a ton of work done this weekend. All Pro Spindle Gussets are welded on. Pics coming of that(CALLING BOB). And I got the new Extended Shackles from Defined Engineering installed. Took a bit of grinding to get them to fully extend upward into the Flip design I have installed. But once I ground down enough on the hanger they clearanced just fine. The zert even clears the top of the hanger.

Along with installing them I had to bore out the hole to 3/4" to accept some Greasable Shackle bolts that I got from Low Range Off Road.

Also drilled out the front hangers (what a bitch to do) to 3/4" to also accept greasable Shackle bolts.

Got it all back together and will be testing it next weekend. It appears that I got about another 1/4" to 1/2" of lift in the rear after everything settled down. Can't wait to test these puppies out.
Old 04-21-2013, 05:50 PM   #283
He who walk with a Cane
CoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

In the beginning when I installed the Freelance Fabrication Shackle Flip kit on my truck the design was taking quite a bit flak from some members on here and I was told that I would be tearing up my factory rubber bushing in my factory shackle hangers requiring replacement in the near future.

The below picture is of my factory shackle that was removed today in favor of a greasable extended shackle. This bushing has 50k miles on it with the factory hangers and another 20k on it installed with the flip kit. All 4 bushings looked just like this. They are ready for another 100k easily. So this proves, at least to me, that the design will not eat rubber bushings like some said.

Old 04-21-2013, 05:54 PM   #285
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
here ya go bud

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCO View Post

Old 04-21-2013, 05:55 PM   #286
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
didn't get any of the fully welded shots without the tire on..

excited to see those new shackles working on your truck...
Old 04-21-2013, 05:57 PM   #287
He who walk with a Cane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildlandtaco View Post
Looks good op
Thanks man
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCO View Post
didn't get any of the fully welded shots without the tire on..

excited to see those new shackles working on your truck...
THANKS BOB! Yeah we will see what next weekend brings.
Old 04-21-2013, 06:35 PM   #289
He who walk with a Cane

Almost. Need to paint the armor up and do a bit of clearancing on a front part of the bumper. And I might pull the trigger on a vinyl decal idea that is bouncing around in my head. Just not certain yet.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:07 PM   #290
Do you even wheel Bro?
Reeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
Reeeno403's Tacoma Gallery
The shackle flip is a good mod for sure, I am debating if I now want to do large shocks in the rear... Hmmm
You will enjoy the new travel you gained for sure.

Question about the spindle gussets? Did your welder heat the spindles before hand and after the welding did he gradually bring the temp down?
Reason I ask is I have a good friend who is a welder by trade and thats how he did it on a few trucks he's done.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:19 PM   #291
He who walk with a Cane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reeeno403 View Post
The shackle flip is a good mod for sure, I am debating if I now want to do large shocks in the rear... Hmmm
You will enjoy the new travel you gained for sure.

Question about the spindle gussets? Did your welder heat the spindles before hand and after the welding did he gradually bring the temp down?
Reason I ask is I have a good friend who is a welder by trade and thats how he did it on a few trucks he's done.
No pre - heat other then the grinding that was done to remove the paint but once the welding was done they were allowed to cool on their own. Now that you mention it though since the spindle is cast heating it up would improve the bond of the weld. But I watched the welding go on and feel that it was done with great skill. I am not worried.
Old 05-04-2013, 03:36 PM   #292
He who walk with a Cane

Went and adjusted the alignment today to better fit 35's in the future and we flexed it out to make sure nothing was touching.

Not to shabby!
Old 05-04-2013, 05:07 PM   #293
Legend of the UG
Kappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 307th Expeditionary Sig BN
Name: Mike
Kappes03's Tacoma Gallery
Nice! Impressive
Old 05-04-2013, 07:24 PM   #294
Shut up Hippie!
ffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: space ship door gunner
Name: Austin
ffemt2987's Tacoma Gallery
Making me Jealous....
Old 05-04-2013, 07:28 PM   #295
He who walk with a Cane

No need to be jelly. Finish up school and then we will have time to build yours.
Old 05-04-2013, 08:54 PM   #296
Shut up Hippie!
ffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedffemt2987 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Only 6 more weeks... fastest "school" ever!
Old 05-05-2013, 05:34 AM   #297
He who walk with a Cane

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffemt2987 View Post
Only 6 more weeks... fastest "school" ever!
Cool and then what dept will you be going for?
Old 05-05-2013, 06:19 AM   #298
Shut up Hippie!

Quote:
Cool and then what dept will you be going for?
I'm already hired on Aurora Fire. So I'm getting paid through the academy
Old 05-05-2013, 06:23 PM   #299
He who walk with a Cane

Alright I am looking at these wheels when I go to 35's:

However I learned today that they only come in 16x9. Not a deal killer but they also only come in these backspacings 4.50 or 3.50. With spindle gussets I cannot do a 4.50" backspacing. So is 3.50" too far out????

Also not a bad price through National Wheel and Tire $188.95 per wheel.
Old 05-05-2013, 08:22 PM   #300
pavement is boring....
lotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jace
lotsoftoys's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Alright I am looking at these wheels when I go to 35's:

However I learned today that they only come in 16x9. Not a deal killer but they also only come in these backspacings 4.50 or 3.50. With spindle gussets I cannot do a 4.50" backspacing. So is 3.50" too far out????

Also not a bad price through National Wheel and Tire $188.95 per wheel.
why do u like those? just the design or r they abnormally strong? steel or aluminium?

Products Discussed in this Thread