Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Gramp's Old Guy Build (2007 DCSB Desert Sand)

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-05-2013, 08:28 PM   #301
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Those are bad ass.
Old 05-06-2013, 03:41 AM   #302
He who walk with a Cane
CoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gramps
CoTacoTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotsoftoys View Post
why do u like those? just the design or r they abnormally strong? steel or aluminium?
Bead retention system that's legal, removable rock ring, smooth surface design to keep mudd from caking on and now the price is nice when you compare it to a Hutchinson. I just wonder if I will be alright with that 3.50 backspacing. They are AL I think. I need to find them on the site again.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:31 AM   #303
Tundra FTMFW
csuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
csuviper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoTacoTRD View Post
Went and adjusted the alignment today to better fit 35's in the future and we flexed it out to make sure nothing was touching.

Not to shabby!
What was the total height on the lift you got before the other rear lifted?
Old 05-06-2013, 09:38 AM   #304
He who walk with a Cane
CoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by csuviper View Post
Well Shit we didn't measure that. I would say it was between 20"s and 24"s but that is just a guess at this point.
Old 05-06-2013, 05:41 PM   #305
Maibatsu Monstrosity
Jaime is a glorious beacon of lightJaime is a glorious beacon of lightJaime is a glorious beacon of lightJaime is a glorious beacon of lightJaime is a glorious beacon of lightJaime is a glorious beacon of light
Name: James
Jaime's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

However I learned today that they only come in 16x9. Not a deal killer but they also only come in these backspacings 4.50 or 3.50. With spindle gussets I cannot do a 4.50" backspacing.
Are you running the All Pro spindle gussets? I've got the Total Chaos ones and I'm running 16x8 4.5" Countersteers right now with no wheel clearance issues.

Edit: All Pro claims they are good up to 4.75": https://www.allprooffroad.com/fjfrontsuspension/266
Old 05-06-2013, 06:44 PM   #306
He who walk with a Cane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime View Post
Are you running the All Pro spindle gussets? I've got the Total Chaos ones and I'm running 16x8 4.5" Countersteers right now with no wheel clearance issues.

Edit: All Pro claims they are good up to 4.75": https://www.allprooffroad.com/fjfrontsuspension/266
Good point. Thank you. I might need to do some measuring on my current set but from the sounds of I might be alright with 4.50 backspacing.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:39 PM   #307
pavement is boring....
lotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jace
lotsoftoys's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by csuviper View Post
the f/r lifts before the l/r does...
Old 05-06-2013, 09:19 PM   #308
hammerdownson
Reeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
Reeeno403's Tacoma Gallery
Everyone I know with allpro gussets has had to modify them with a BFH to clearance tires. As long as your welder did a good job this shouldnt be an issue with using the BFH.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:40 AM   #309
He who walk with a Cane

Quote:
the f/r lifts before the l/r does...
3 wheeling it!
Old 05-07-2013, 06:41 AM   #310
He who walk with a Cane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reeeno403 View Post
Everyone I know with allpro gussets has had to modify them with a BFH to clearance tires. As long as your welder did a good job this shouldnt be an issue with using the BFH.
Hmm... doesn't a BFH sort of kill the gussets entire purpose of strength?
Old 05-07-2013, 07:04 AM   #311
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
grinder
Old 05-09-2013, 04:37 PM   #312
Your NativeTaco is in the building
NativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
NativeTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
OK. Got a ton of work done this weekend. All Pro Spindle Gussets are welded on. Pics coming of that(CALLING BOB). And I got the new Extended Shackles from Defined Engineering installed. Took a bit of grinding to get them to fully extend upward into the Flip design I have installed. But once I ground down enough on the hanger they clearanced just fine. The zert even clears the top of the hanger.

Along with installing them I had to bore out the hole to 3/4" to accept some Greasable Shackle bolts that I got from Low Range Off Road.

Also drilled out the front hangers (what a bitch to do) to 3/4" to also accept greasable Shackle bolts.

Got it all back together and will be testing it next weekend. It appears that I got about another 1/4" to 1/2" of lift in the rear after everything settled down. Can't wait to test these puppies out.
Okay so I just got a pair of these same shackle flips. Is the moving part that actually holds the leaf pack the shackle? If so, is that the defined engineering part you mention here? Will these flips work with stock shackles? Will that nullify the benefit from the flips? What pointers can you give me?
Old 05-09-2013, 06:26 PM   #313
He who walk with a Cane

Travis you will be at Moab right? We can talk details there but yes I ran my factory shackles for about 15k miles no problems. There are other variables at play with things like spring length, shackle angle, and additional lift. Let's talk there and then once back from Moab if I can find a free weekend and you got some good beer we can maybe get them installed for you.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:11 PM   #314
Your NativeTaco is in the building
NativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
NativeTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Yes sir. Sounds good!
Old 05-18-2013, 04:53 PM   #315
He who walk with a Cane

OK finally got time this afternoon to get the new antenna in. Not too hard actually. Worst part was running the cable through the firewall. I put it on the corner of the ARB. I ground down the underside to insure that I had ground to the bumper. Next checked the whip to make sure it did not hit the headlight. Comes close but does not touch the headlight at all.

• 4' Tiger fiberglass antenna
  • Spring loaded quick disconnect
  • 18' cable similar to a Fire Ring set up but completely sealed from the elements
  • Hooked this to my current Cobra 75 radio which I had a local radio shop "tune" . Not posting the watts he got out of it.

Tested it with a friend that recently upgraded his antenna set up. At 2 miles apart in town we were hearing each other perfectly. At almost 3 miles apart in town with a slight hill between us I could hear him and understand him but it was not clear. Not bad for in town.

Still need to hook the SWR up it to see if the levels are decent. Hopefully this coming weekend.
Old 05-18-2013, 05:28 PM   #316
pavement is boring....
lotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jace
lotsoftoys's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
OK finally got time this afternoon to get the new antenna in. Not too hard actually. Worst part was running the cable through the firewall. I put it on the corner of the ARB. I ground down the underside to insure that I had ground to the bumper. Next checked the whip to make sure it did not hit the Antenna.

• 18' cable similar to a Fire Ring set up but completely sealed from the elements
  • Hooked this to my current Cobra 75 radio which I had a local radio shop "tune" . Not posting the watts he got out of it.

Tested it with a friend that recently upgraded his antenna set up. At 2 miles apart in town we were hearing each other perfectly. At almost 3 miles apart in town with a slight hill between us I could hear him and understand him but it was not clear. Not bad for in town.

Still need to hook the SWR up it to see if the levels are decent. Hopefully this coming weekend.

CAN U HEAR ME NOW?! lol

i think we`re good man, pretty impressive considering we were in town
Old 05-18-2013, 05:51 PM   #317
McBuckets
RockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Noah
RockyMtnTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Looking good Eric!
Old 05-18-2013, 06:17 PM   #318
Member #12005
Round II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shedRound II is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Round II's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
OK finally got time this afternoon to get the new antenna in. Not too hard actually. Worst part was running the cable through the firewall. I put it on the corner of the ARB. I ground down the underside to insure that I had ground to the bumper. Next checked the whip to make sure it did not hit the headlight. Comes close but does not touch the headlight at all.

Looks real good! Nice build ya have always liked the DSM Tacomas.
Old 05-18-2013, 06:32 PM   #319
He who walk with a Cane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Round II View Post
Looks real good! Nice build ya have always liked the DSM Tacomas.
Thank you sir!
Old 05-18-2013, 06:34 PM   #320
He who walk with a Cane

Quote:
CAN U HEAR ME NOW?! lol

i think we`re good man, pretty impressive considering we were in town
Hell yeah! Hey forgot to tell you I am digging the new sig you got there.

Products Discussed in this Thread