LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Gramp's Old Guy Build (2007 DCSB Desert Sand)

Old 12-06-2012, 09:50 AM   #41
He who walk with a Cane
CoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gramps
CoTacoTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgs2k2 View Post
nice truck. more pics!
Thanks. What do you want to see and I will see if I have pics?
Old 12-09-2012, 05:08 PM   #43
He who walk with a Cane
CoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by area 52 View Post
Really nice Tacoma evolution!

Jim
Thanks man. What part of El Paso do you live in? My brother lives on the west side off of Area. I was just down there for Thanksgiving visiting him.
Old 12-09-2012, 05:37 PM   #44
area 52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedarea 52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedarea 52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedarea 52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedarea 52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedarea 52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedarea 52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedarea 52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedarea 52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedarea 52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedarea 52 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Retired
area 52's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoTacoTRD View Post
Thanks man. What part of El Paso do you live in? My brother lives on the west side off of Area. I was just down there for Thanksgiving visiting him.
I live on the East side.

You missed a low skills, but nice charity run that went that weekend.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tex...o-stop-99.html

Several TW members were present.

Additionally, the Las Cruces Chile Challenge will run in Feb 2013.

I ran the last two years with a JK, but will be running trails this time in an unlimited class Toyota rock crawler not built by me.

I'll also be taking the 2012 Taco as a tow rig for the Toy and employed for photo ops on lighter trails.

Chile Challenge info:

http://www.chilechallenge.org/

Jim
Old 12-12-2012, 06:54 PM   #45
He who walk with a Cane

Damn and I wasn't doing much that Saturday either. Looks like you had a great time!
Old 12-12-2012, 07:15 PM   #46
He who walk with a Cane

Well did some research tonight and found some decent instructions on how to wire in cab winch controls for an XRC8 (attached). Went over to OTRATTW and ordered me up some switches. Next up install!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf XRC8 In cab Wiring instructions.pdf (101.9 KB, 35 views)
Old 12-12-2012, 07:18 PM   #47
McBuckets
RockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Noah
RockyMtnTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well did some research tonight and found some decent instructions on how to wire in cab winch controls for an XRC8 (attached). Went over to OTRATTW and ordered me up some switches. Next up install!
Old 12-12-2012, 07:18 PM   #48
He who walk with a Cane

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMtnTRD View Post
As well you should be. I will let you know when I am doing this and if you are available you can take notes.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:52 PM   #49
McBuckets
RockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
As well you should be. I will let you know when I am doing this and if you are available you can take notes.
Haha alright. How much did the switches run you
Old 12-12-2012, 08:20 PM   #50
Never take the bait
Jasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasmine is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stop giving me nicknames
Jasmine's Tacoma Gallery
Great build! And pretty inspiring (and expensive ) wish list.. have to ask, pretty crazy negative arch you did to those leaf springs.. have you done anything to fix it?
Quote:

Freelance Fabrication Shackle Flips

Old 12-13-2012, 03:49 AM   #51
He who walk with a Cane

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMtnTRD View Post
Haha alright. How much did the switches run you
Just over $30.
Old 12-13-2012, 03:52 AM   #52
He who walk with a Cane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine View Post
Great build! And pretty inspiring (and expensive ) wish list.. have to ask, pretty crazy negative arch you did to those leaf springs.. have you done anything to fix it?

That shot is was a full flex shot to see if the bump stops would make contact with the current set up. The EXPOS ride great and considering how often (rarely) the suspension is at full flex I am not worried. I will probably get some longer bumps in the future when I move up to 35" tires. Thanks!
Old 12-13-2012, 06:22 AM   #53
McBuckets
Quote:
Just over $30.
Might have to get some
Old 12-13-2012, 06:25 AM   #54
grrillA has a spectacular aura aboutgrrillA has a spectacular aura aboutgrrillA has a spectacular aura about

grrillA's Tacoma Gallery
did you powder coat the wheels black ? looks kinda greyish? either way looks awesome.
Old 12-13-2012, 07:21 AM   #55
He who walk with a Cane

Quote:
Originally Posted by grrillA View Post
did you powder coat the wheels black ? looks kinda greyish? either way looks awesome.
Thanks man. They are PCed a grayish, greenish color. I wanted something funky but not black and that is what we came up with.
Old 12-13-2012, 07:30 AM   #56
The Sticker Guy
ruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ruggedT's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good
Old 01-06-2013, 06:42 PM   #58
He who walk with a Cane

OK. Finished step one of the in cab winch controls. Wanted the controls to be easy to access while steering the truck still in a sticky situation. I am not feeling pulling the head liner down yet to put a set of controls up in the ceiling. So the next best place is on the center console. My problem is I have a clumsy German Shepard that likes to take over the drivers seat when I vacate it. So I need to protect the switches somehow so the winch did not accidentally get turned on. Found this website with switch protection bars for airplanes.

http://www.periheliondesign.com/switchguards.htm

They did the trick once i painted them flat black.

Note to anyone following my switch location. With an Auto this switch location requires cutting of one cross support and a portion of the auto slider cover (not certain what this is called) under the center console. I did it this way because eventually I will have 2 more switches mounted behind these.

Not a perfect art but luckily the switch covers any imperfections made while cutting with a Dermal.

Switches installed now:

Trying to get each of these installed perfect was a pain.

This kind of shows how they protect:

And installed:

So next weekend I will work on running the wiring and getting everything wired up. Oh and not to mention I need to move the control box under the hood and get longer cables for the winch. Should make for a fun weekend.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:45 PM   #59
He who walk with a Cane

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotsoftoys View Post
ha i found the gramps thread!!!!!!! mmmmmuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's about time man. I have had it up for over a month now.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:45 PM   #60
pavement is boring....
lotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jace
lotsoftoys's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
OK. Finished step one of the in cab winch controls. Wanted the controls to be easy to access while steering the truck still in a sticky situation. I am not feeling pulling the head liner down yet to put a set of controls up in the ceiling. So the next best place is on the center console. My problem is I have a clumsy German Shepard that likes to take over the drivers seat when I vacate it. So I need to protect the switches somehow so the winch did not accidentally get turned on. Found this website with switch protection bars for airplanes.

http://www.periheliondesign.com/switchguards.htm

They did the trick once i painted them flat black.

Note to anyone following my switch location. With an Auto this switch location requires cutting of one cross support and a portion of the auto slider cover (not certain what this is called) under the center console. I did it this way because eventually I will have 2 more switches mounted behind these.

Not a perfect art but luckily the switch covers any imperfections made while cutting with a Dermal.

Switches installed now:

Trying to get each of these installed perfect was a pain.

This kind of shows how they protect:

And installed:

So next weekend I will work on running the wiring and getting everything wired up. Oh and not to mention I need to move the control box under the hood and get longer cables for the winch. Should make for a fun weekend.
that looks bad ass man! so clean! that'll be cool in action

Products Discussed in this Thread