Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Gramp's Old Guy Build (2007 DCSB Desert Sand)

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-06-2013, 06:57 PM   #61
He who walk with a Cane
CoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gramps
CoTacoTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotsoftoys View Post
that looks bad ass man! so clean! that'll be cool in action
Thanks man! Now to wire it up.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:58 AM   #62
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
Old 01-07-2013, 05:29 PM   #64
He who walk with a Cane
CoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacktacoma23 View Post
Switch protectors
Sliders for my fingers.
Old 01-08-2013, 04:14 AM   #66
He who walk with a Cane

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeRadd View Post
Love your build gramps! This young grasshopper has much to learn
Thanks! Oh and for the record for all I am just the old guy from the Colorado group. Apparently 37 makes me a grandpa.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:22 PM   #67
pavement is boring....
lotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jace
lotsoftoys's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoTacoTRD View Post
Thanks! Oh and for the record for all I am just the old guy from the Colorado group. Apparently 37 makes me a grandpa.

lol
Old 01-09-2013, 01:04 PM   #68
McBuckets
RockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Noah
RockyMtnTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Eric what did you use to chop your exhaust behind the axle?
Old 01-09-2013, 02:37 PM   #69
Your NativeTaco is in the building
NativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNativeTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
NativeTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Dang it's a good thing they don't know I'm almost 33, I would be like the dirty uncle! I seriously thought with the way they all gave you shit that you were in your 50's or something.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:48 PM   #70
Do you even wheel Bro?
Reeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shedReeeno403 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
Reeeno403's Tacoma Gallery
Build has come along very nicely!
Old 01-09-2013, 03:08 PM   #71
He who walk with a Cane

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMtnTRD View Post
Eric what did you use to chop your exhaust behind the axle?
Sawz All. If I get to wiring it will be on Sunday. If you want to bring me some new metal blades for my Dewalt Sawz All (since we dulled the last one trying to cut through your bumper ends) we can cut off your Exhaust end too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvtheMountains View Post
Dang it's a good thing they don't know I'm almost 33, I would be like the dirty uncle! I seriously thought with the way they all gave you shit that you were in your 50's or something.
Yeah I don't even move like an old man so I don't know why. Damn kids.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reeeno403 View Post
Build has come along very nicely!
Thank you sir!
Old 01-09-2013, 03:39 PM   #72
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks man! Now to wire it up.
You can write it up while doing it to my runner. Ill bring the brisket.
Old 01-09-2013, 05:04 PM   #73
McBuckets
RockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
What time Sunday?
Old 01-09-2013, 05:54 PM   #74
Fightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Fightman80's Tacoma Gallery
Very slick setup! I like what you did with the winch controls man... looks like it belongs there!
Old 01-09-2013, 06:37 PM   #75
He who walk with a Cane

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMtnTRD View Post
What time Sunday?
Probably in the afternoon but will let you know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightman80 View Post
Very slick setup! I like what you did with the winch controls man... looks like it belongs there!
Thank you.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:38 PM   #76
He who walk with a Cane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoyal View Post
You can write it up while doing it to my runner. Ill bring the brisket.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:42 PM   #77
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

The switches look bad ass for sure though!
Old 01-09-2013, 07:02 PM   #78
McBuckets
Quote:
Probably in the afternoon but will let you know.

Thank you.
Cool sounds good
Old 01-19-2013, 07:25 PM   #79
He who walk with a Cane

OK today got the winch box relocated. After 2.5 hours of parts running finally got enough 2 gauge wire and ends to get it started. 2Ga wire these days is not cheap and especially when you need 8' of each.

Took a while to figure out the mount location but fit right in there nice and tight.

Thought I had long enough wire runs to go from the box to the inside of the cab but I didn't. So the ends are mounted to the right wires and next weekend I will work on the wires in to the cab switches. But the winch is back up an running on the remote for now.

Old 01-19-2013, 07:30 PM   #80
He who walk with a Cane

Rockgecko03 (Ben) came by this afternoon with the finishing parts needed for the new bed rack. We mocked up the hi lift and the Rotopax mounts so that we could get some measurements. After that he finished welding up the pieces and making some refinements. Now it is up to me to drill some additional holes that are needed and then grind it all down to get it ready for Powder Coat.

This pic will make more sense when you see it in the future.

This thing will be awesome once it is completed. Thanks for the great creation Ben!

Products Discussed in this Thread