Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Gramp's Old Guy Build (2007 DCSB Desert Sand)

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-21-2013, 07:02 AM   #81
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...html#post45442
Old 01-21-2013, 04:50 PM   #82
He who walk with a Cane
CoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gramps
CoTacoTRD's Tacoma Gallery
^ thank you sir!
Old 01-27-2013, 05:18 PM   #83
He who walk with a Cane
CoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Update to In Cab winch controls.

Well I got the switches wired up on Saturday. Used 14 Gauge wires and tried to retained easy to identify colors. Crimped, soldered, and heat shrunk every wire for stable connections that I will not have to track in the future. Also make sure to remove the winch control battery connection before starting. Arching makes a really bright light.

Red - hot wire
Black - Ground
Yellow - Accessory
Brown and White - Trigger wires for the winch. These were the colors coming from the winch control to the 2 gauge lugs going to the winch. The idea was to stick with the same colors so I would not forget in the future. Turns out to not really help. You will see as we get into this.

Pulled the Brown and white wires through the passenger side fire wall and feed them through the dash into the center console area where the wires were. Then pulled a red power wire from my fuse panel (Blue sea panel) back through the drivers side firewall to the center console.

Prepped the switches by creating the 3 need common grounds to one, power from the winch switch to the IN/OUT switch, and a yellow accessory wire which goes to the night time lights.

The red hot wire will go on the winch switch and the IN/OUT wires from the winch will go to the IN/OUT switch once everything is all back together. Black ground wires went to a common ground in the center console area (same ground as the JBL Amp). The yellow accessory wire I cut into the light for the Auto Transmission shifter. Tap the solid green wire not the green stripped wire and it works.

Next I had to figure out which wire controls the "IN" and the "OUT". The instructions I found on the internet for this winch did not have the same winch control box so I had to figure this out from scratch. I had determined that the 2 wires controlling this function were brown and white but then realized I needed to tap into them from the remote control side of the control box. That was a challenge because the wires coming out of the control box to the remote were both green with a stripe and a black ground. They entered into a quick release point and coming out of that were 2 solid red wires and one black ground to to the remote.

So I clipped the 2 red wires, bared them and did a twist together test to see which is which.

I got it right on the first try. Cab switches worked perfectly. So I tore it all apart and put everything together with dis-connectible ends for future maintenance.

Put it all together and tested the plug in remote one more time just to make sure both functionalities worked (in cab switches and wired remote) and then buttoned it all up for the day.

It's a bit cleaner now up on the front ARB bumper. I might just get me a Homer Grill now since you can see cheesy chrome grill.

Old 01-27-2013, 05:25 PM   #84
McBuckets
RockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Noah
RockyMtnTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Nice job Eric! Wish I was there to learn something about doing this. Well soon enough we'll have another couple mods to do and therefore an excuse for a trip to Merle's
Old 01-27-2013, 05:27 PM   #85
He who walk with a Cane

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMtnTRD View Post
Nice job Eric! Wish I was there to learn something about doing this. Well soon enough we'll have another couple mods to do and therefore an excuse for a trip to Merle's
Cool and thanks!
Old 01-27-2013, 05:37 PM   #86
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
oooh me next me next!!!!
Old 01-27-2013, 05:52 PM   #87
He who walk with a Cane

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCO View Post
oooh me next me next!!!!
Well maybe we can make it a party. Noah's will be easy since it is the same as mine. I am curious what the inside of the Warn box looks like.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:12 PM   #88
pavement is boring....
lotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shedlotsoftoys is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jace
lotsoftoys's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoTacoTRD View Post
Well maybe we can make it a party. Noah's will be easy since it is the same as mine. I am curious what the inside of the Warn box looks like.
id like to come watch!
Old 01-27-2013, 07:18 PM   #89
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
You guy can get all the practice you want with my runner as well. Eric loving it man.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:19 PM   #90
He who walk with a Cane

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotsoftoys View Post
id like to come watch!
For sure!
Old 01-27-2013, 07:20 PM   #91
He who walk with a Cane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoyal View Post
You guy can get all the practice you want with my runner as well. Eric loving it man.
We still to put a new cable on your winch too. This is turning into a winch fest.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:22 PM   #92
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
It's better to have them and not need them! Then to need them and not have them.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:57 PM   #93
McBuckets
RockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
We still to put a new cable on your winch too. This is turning into a winch fest.
Maybe I will have a syn line to install for mine !

And some metal sawzall blades for you Eric
Old 01-27-2013, 08:01 PM   #94
He who walk with a Cane

Quote:
Maybe I will have a syn line to install for mine !

And some metal sawzall blades for you Eric
You are going to need more then that. Switches, wire, and a new longer battery cable too.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:04 PM   #95
McBuckets
Quote:
You are going to need more then that. Switches, wire, and a new longer battery cable too.
Yeah true. Where'd you get the wire and switches from again? OTTRAW or whatever?
Old 01-27-2013, 08:06 PM   #96
He who walk with a Cane

Quote:
Yeah true. Where'd you get the wire and switches from again? OTTRAW or whatever?
Switches from OTTRAW and wire from O'Reilly's Auto Parts.

Sawzall blades are Dewalt.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:11 PM   #97
McBuckets
Quote:
Switches from OTTRAW and wire from O'Reilly's Auto Parts.

Sawzall blades are Dewalt.
I cant guarantee what blades I get, was thinking of the cheap ones from hobby lobby
Old 01-27-2013, 08:20 PM   #98
He who walk with a Cane

Saving this for next project so I don't forget.

http://www.walcottcb.com/antenna-fol...3ez-p-262.html

http://www.claysradioshop.com/acc_an...-coax-kits.htm

http://bellsouthpwp.net/b/r/breedlove1/page23.html
Old 01-27-2013, 08:21 PM   #99
He who walk with a Cane

Quote:
I cant guarantee what blades I get, was thinking of the cheap ones from hobby lobby
They sell blades for a sawzall?
Old 01-27-2013, 08:25 PM   #100
McBuckets
Quote:
They sell blades for a sawzall?
I don't know haha. But you want dewalt ones?

Products Discussed in this Thread