Update to In Cab winch controls.
Well I got the switches wired up on Saturday. Used 14 Gauge wires and tried to retained easy to identify colors. Crimped, soldered, and heat shrunk every wire for stable connections that I will not have to track in the future. Also make sure to remove the winch control battery connection before starting. Arching makes a really bright light.
Red - hot wire
Black - Ground
Yellow - Accessory
Brown and White - Trigger wires for the winch. These were the colors coming from the winch control to the 2 gauge lugs going to the winch. The idea was to stick with the same colors so I would not forget in the future. Turns out to not really help. You will see as we get into this.
Pulled the Brown and white wires through the passenger side fire wall and feed them through the dash into the center console area where the wires were. Then pulled a red power wire from my fuse panel (Blue sea panel) back through the drivers side firewall to the center console.
Prepped the switches by creating the 3 need common grounds to one, power from the winch switch to the IN/OUT switch, and a yellow accessory wire which goes to the night time lights.
The red hot wire will go on the winch switch and the IN/OUT wires from the winch will go to the IN/OUT switch once everything is all back together. Black ground wires went to a common ground in the center console area (same ground as the JBL Amp). The yellow accessory wire I cut into the light for the Auto Transmission shifter. Tap the solid green wire not the green stripped wire and it works.
Next I had to figure out which wire controls the "IN" and the "OUT". The instructions I found on the internet for this winch did not have the same winch control box so I had to figure this out from scratch. I had determined that the 2 wires controlling this function were brown and white but then realized I needed to tap into them from the remote control side of the control box. That was a challenge because the wires coming out of the control box to the remote were both green with a stripe and a black ground. They entered into a quick release point and coming out of that were 2 solid red wires and one black ground to to the remote.
So I clipped the 2 red wires, bared them and did a twist together test to see which is which.
I got it right on the first try.
Cab switches worked perfectly. So I tore it all apart and put everything together with dis-connectible ends for future maintenance.
Put it all together and tested the plug in remote one more time just to make sure both functionalities worked (in cab switches and wired remote) and then buttoned it all up for the day.
It's a bit cleaner now up on the front ARB bumper. I might just get me a Homer Grill now since you can see cheesy chrome grill.