Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Gramp's Old Guy Build (2007 DCSB Desert Sand)

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-30-2012, 08:35 PM   #1
He who walk with a Cane
CoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gramps
CoTacoTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Gramp's Old Guy Build (2007 DCSB Desert Sand)

At the recent request of others (and peer pressure ) I will now start my build thread.
As of 5.10.14

Some more recent shots now (6.2013)

It all started in 2007 with the purchase of my first truck. A Toyota none the less.

This is after spacer lift, sliders, and 285 Mickey Thompson's

And this would be as she sits today:

So now I will attempt to list all of my mods from memory. Obviously I am old so I will come back and update them as I recall them all.

Suspension
Toytec BOSS Adjustable coilovers with 600lb. Eibach Springs
Light Racing UCA's
Sway bar recycled
All Pro EXPO leaves
Freelance Fabrication Shackle Flips
Defined Engineering extended length greasable shackles
Greasable bolts on entire rear spring set up
5110 Tundra Billies
AP U bolt Flip kit
Stock bumps tacked to top plates
Wheeler extended brake lines

Wheels
SCS F-5 Gloss Black with 4.5" BS
Spidertrax 1.25" wheel spacers
315/75/16 Hercules Trail Digger MT

Engine/Drivetrain
Safari Snorkel kit
TRD drop in filter
Custom Cat back Exhaust
Nitro 4.56 Gears
Pelfrybilt Battery Cage with Die hard Group M31 battery

Armor/Body Mods
ARB front bumper custom cut on wheel well side to accept larger tires
front Body mounts chopped
Custom fender cutting for 35's
Slee Bolt on Sliders
Custom Rear HC Bumper by Addicted Off Road
Pelfreybilt Front SKid
AP tranny Skid
ATO T Case Skid
BAMF rear Diff Skid
Custom Designed Bed Rack for Hi-lift, spare tire, and Rotopax so far

Interior
Wet Oakies front seat covers
Weather Tech floor liners
Custom mount for Garmin GPS
Eco Route for Garmin
MP3 hook up
Tundra shifter
Broadway rear mirror
with IMYRGUY mirror relocation
Tint
All interior lights upgraded to LED's
Cobra CB with Tiger 4' antenna mount
Custom level O gauge
Lot's of gear in all the cubbie's

Miscellaneous
XRC8 winch with Viking syn Line and Spidertrax Offset Hawse Fairlead
Now with Winch Control Box relocated in Engine Bay and custom In Cab Winch Controls
8" Baja Design Pencil Beam Off Road Lights with DDM 55wt 5000k HID conversions
BHLM with custom extras
DDM HID head light conversion
LED parking Lights
LED Strip Rock Lights down each side
Die Hard Group 31M Battery in
Pelfreybilt Stainless Battery Cage
Blue Sea Fuse Grid
Quick Air OBA (as backup now)
Smittybilt 10lb. CO2 Tank mounted
Custom built Bed Rack designed for 35" tire
-Holds TREDS, Hi Lift, and Rotopax
Custom hood strut
Tool Box
Aftermarket LED tail Lights
DDM Tuning LED Back Up Lights
Custom front and rear license plate holders
Hidden bottle opener - MUST HAVE
Custom flat black vinyl in spots.
Manufacturer decals for increased HP
Coming Soon!
Possible full bed rack and RTT.

Freelance Fabrication Shackle Flips

Addicted Off Road Custom Rear bumper

ARB with all the goodies

More to come as I remember....................

Wish List or the Future
Expedition tent - Got it!
FJ Case and crawl box
Expedition Truggy Bed
Roll Cage
Racing Seats
In dash Navi Head Unit Upgrade
Vinyl Wrap - In the works!
More time to wheel it!
Old 11-30-2012, 09:21 PM   #2
💥💥💥💥💥💥
johnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: john
johnnym's Tacoma Gallery
Looking good !
Did they make the shackle flip just for you. I couldn't find it on there site.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:27 PM   #3
He who walk with a Cane
CoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnym View Post
Looking good !
Did they make the shackle flip just for you. I couldn't find it on there site.
I had to double check but if you go here they are on the home page.

http://freelancefabrication.com/index2.html

He is out of stock at the moment. How do you know toy crawlers? That is where I got my ARB from.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:34 PM   #4
💥💥💥💥💥💥
johnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shed

johnnym's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoTacoTRD View Post
I had to double check but if you go here they are on the home page.

http://freelancefabrication.com/index2.html

He is out of stock at the moment. How do you know toy crawlers? That is where I got my ARB from.
Thanks for some reason it kept sending me to the wrong site .
It's a truck club I'm in. Click on the link it will bring you to our homepage.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:37 PM   #5
He who walk with a Cane

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnym View Post
Thanks for some reason it kept sending me to the wrong site .
It's a truck club I'm in. Click on the link it will bring you to our homepage.
Yeah I clicked it after the fact. The Toy Crawlers I was referring is a now defunct company in Colorado where I got my ARB used for $400. Nice club by the way.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:42 PM   #6
💥💥💥💥💥💥

johnnym's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah I clicked it after the fact. The Toy Crawlers I was referring is a now defunct company in Colorado where I got my ARB used for $400. Nice club by the way.
That's a great deal ! Thanks
Old 11-30-2012, 10:26 PM   #7
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
about damn time

funny seeing the two flex shots next to each other in the beginning...quite a difference from beginning mods to where you're at now...

quite the wish list too break me off a piece of that money tree when you find it
Old 12-01-2012, 06:17 AM   #8
Legend of the UG
Kappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Mike
Kappes03's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet!
Old 12-01-2012, 07:11 PM   #9
He who walk with a Cane

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCO View Post
about damn time

funny seeing the two flex shots next to each other in the beginning...quite a difference from beginning mods to where you're at now...

quite the wish list too break me off a piece of that money tree when you find it
Ha. I am just going to kidnap Noah and hang him upside down so his pockets empty of all that cash he has. Thanks for the props. It is going to be funny to see how long it takes for others to find it. At some point I will change the link name but for now it is fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kappes03 View Post
Sweet!
What's up Mikey? Welcome to my hidden thread.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:19 PM   #11
McBuckets
RockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Noah
RockyMtnTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ha. I am just going to kidnap Noah and hang him upside down so his pockets empty of all that cash he has. Thanks for the props. It is going to be funny to see how long it takes for others to find it. At some point I will change the link name but for now it is fun.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:23 PM   #12
He who walk with a Cane

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMtnTRD View Post
I was wondering how long it was going to take you to find this.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:24 PM   #13
He who walk with a Cane

Just gonna leave this here so I can reference next year should I add to them.

Happy Holidays!
Old 12-02-2012, 06:37 PM   #14
McBuckets
RockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
I was wondering how long it was going to take you to find this.
Its a good addition to TW haha. You added a top plate to your CO's? I was thinking I will have to adjust mine up once it starts sagging after we install the bumper and winch.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:52 PM   #15
rockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrockgecko03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
rockgecko03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Coming Soon!
Custom Expedition Bed Rack. STAY TUNED!!!!!
Looking forward to seeing this!
Old 12-02-2012, 06:58 PM   #16
He who walk with a Cane

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMtnTRD View Post
Its a good addition to TW haha. You added a top plate to your CO's? I was thinking I will have to adjust mine up once it starts sagging after we install the bumper and winch.
Yeah I was already adjusted pretty high from the ARB. So instead of a harsher ride I added the top plate. You will probably need to adjust them after it settles and get a new alignment.

Remind me to measure your truck before we start next weekend.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:59 PM   #17
He who walk with a Cane

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockgecko03 View Post
Looking forward to seeing this!

Me too!
Old 12-02-2012, 07:02 PM   #18
McBuckets
Quote:
Yeah I was already adjusted pretty high from the ARB. So instead of a harsher ride I added the top plate. You will probably need to adjust them after it settles and get a new alignment.

Remind me to measure your truck before we start next weekend.
Will do.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:58 PM   #19
Legend of the UG
Kappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKappes03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Mike
Kappes03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

What's up Mikey? Welcome to my hidden thread.
Yo yo! Nice build haha
Old 12-04-2012, 06:38 AM   #20
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
This thread needs a candy link.....

Products Discussed in this Thread