Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Tacoroad build page.

Old 12-14-2012, 09:23 AM   #1
tacoroad is on a distinguished road
tacoroad's Tacoma Gallery
Tacoroad build page.

My first truck build page. Got my first truck in September of 2013, mainly a sports car guy. Now I drive that dang truck all the time and starting to get the mod bug. Here is where it starts.

Rock'n my new truck!

Mod 1

Photo coming

Mod 2

Photo coming

Mod 3

HOUSTON! We have a problem!

All-Pro bed rack.

https://www.allprooffroad.com/05taco...tacomabedracks

I needed a place to put kayaks and bikes for road trips. I had the rack welded together then took it to a Line-X dealer for the coating. I then installed Yakima's Control Towers/landing pad 6's on to the rack.

Went together pretty well. My only complaint is the bedrail anchors. You need to put something behind them, or the screw won't reach. I ended up putting a piece of thick window insulation in the slot. I ordered security screws to make it a little more difficult to remove.

Old 12-14-2012, 09:33 AM   #2
wareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brad
wareagle1's Tacoma Gallery
That rack is exactly what I've been looking for. I do alot of kayak fishing out of a Jackson Coosa and I've always just thrown it in the bed, but it hangs out like seven feet. About how much was that rack? Good looking truck, great build so far!
Old 12-14-2012, 09:35 AM   #3
dwsalley95 is on a distinguished road

Name: Dylan
dwsalley95's Tacoma Gallery
Couldn't help but notice you got your first truck in 2013... That's pretty impressive haha
Old 12-14-2012, 02:44 PM   #4
tacoroad is on a distinguished road
tacoroad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wareagle1 View Post
That rack is exactly what I've been looking for. I do alot of kayak fishing out of a Jackson Coosa and I've always just thrown it in the bed, but it hangs out like seven feet. About how much was that rack? Good looking truck, great build so far!
Thanks! It was $549 for the All Pro kit, managed to score free shipping through their Facebook page. If I would've taken it back, I would've ordered their weld kit instead of bolt kit. I ended up taking it to a welder and having them fill in all the holes and weld the rack together, $100. The Line-X bed covering spray was $430. You can always rattle can it for a lot less. All in all I'm super happy with it and it's rocksolid. Now I just have to get some Yakima kayak racks.