Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

JNome's SR5 Tacoma “North Woods” Build

Old 12-23-2012, 09:05 AM   #1
Made in Maine.... Yessah bub!
JNome has a spectacular aura aboutJNome has a spectacular aura aboutJNome has a spectacular aura about

Coast Guard: Ensign
Name: Jake
JNome's Tacoma Gallery
JNome's 2010 Access Cab - “North Woods” Build

2010 Access Cab Tacoma – North Woods Build -“Made in Maine”

Figured I’d start a build thread to share some of my progress with others on here. What started off as a stock 2010 SR5 Tacoma Access Cab has become much more…. and is still growing. All work and installation on this truck has been done by me, with the exception of a few items like the Line X and Ziebart, after many hours of research and learning from all of you out here on TW. Gotta love the expression... built, not bought.

My ultimate goal is to build a capable expedition/overland rig for use on fishing, hunting, and camping trips. Born and raised in Maine so I have spent many hours in the north woods on fishing and hunting trips and have always wanted a capable trail rig for trip use.

The Parts List:

Suspension
•Bilstien 5100’s all around set at 1.75
•Toyota Leaf Spring TSB
Toytec TSB 1.5” Add A Leaf
All Pro U bolt Flip Kit and Timbren Bump Stops

Wheels and Tires
• 265/75 R16 General Grabber AT2’s
• TRD Aluminum Alloy Rims
• Stock Steel wheels (for winter use)

Exterior
• Leer 100 R Cap
• Pop N Lock Tailgate Lock
• Yakima Rack System
• Tractor Supply Cargo Box (misc. tools, recovery gear, tie downs inside)
• Hi Lift Farm Jack
• Line X’d Rocker Panels
• Relentless Fabrication Sliders
• Relentless CB Antenna Mount
• TRD Skid Plate
• Ziebart Rust Proofing and Undercoating
• Hella 700 FF (HID Converted, mounted behind grille)
• Anytime Fog Light Mod
• Hidden Hitch Receiver
• Partial Tailgate DeBadge
• Misc Decals/Stickers, BHLM, Satoshi Grill

Interior
• Weather Tech Floor Liners w/ Tacoma Mats
• Cobra CB w/ PA Horn and firestik II antenna
• Cabela’s Seat covers with rifle/shotgun slings

Engine/Transmission
Magnaflow Off Road Pro Series Exhaust 17115
• Hayden Transmission Cooler
• AFE Pro Dry S Air Filter

Here’s how my truck sits today….

The day I brought it home…. Went right into installing skid, hitch, and weather techs that afternoon.

After sitting in the garage for a few months… and researching Tacomaworld… decided I wanted to go with the Bilstien 5100 lift, new wheels, and tires

Before

Installation

After

Purchased a Leer 100 R Cap for the back…. Missed the bare pick up look but really liked the functionality of it. Added the yakima cross bar system to the cap and also installed the Pop N Lock for the tailgate .

Loaded for a fishing trip

After pounding my Tacoma up and down woods roads over my summer leave, I noticed that the black rockers didn’t responded too well from being sandblasted my General Grabbers… only one solution… Line-X

Thanks Line- X of Augusta for doing a great job!

Deer season was soon approaching…. So we needed lights… Hella 700 ff… later to be converted to HID

EDIT: Now converted to behind grille w/ satoshi

Here's a pic of them fired up

Cobra CB was also wired up coupled with a Relentless CB hood mount

Changed out the stock Exhaust for the Magnaflow Off Road Pro Series…. Despite what people say, I found the exhaust to be loud at first, but after 300 miles or so, it really mellowed out and has since taken on a nice throaty rumble… great product IMO.

After a several month wait…. It was long but worth it…. I finally got my sliders in from Eric at Relentless Fab… Bolted them up and had the protection I wanted from logs, rocks, etc pounding woods roads for deer and ducks in the approaching season.

Relentless Fab Sliders

With winter approaching…. And already seeing the beginning of the rusty frame syndrome beginning to take hold of my frame… called Ziebart of Shrewsbury, MA to set up an under coating.

Under coated frame

Drilled rockers and door panels…. Ziebart was sprayed on so heavy it was leaking out…. Made a mess at first but no rust will penetrate it.

Just this past week installed the Toytec TSB AAL and All Pro U-Bolt Flip Kit with Timbrens… all set to tow now. Followed Chris 4x4’s write up… get thread man.

Installation

I was surprised at the rake I gained from the AAL... bout 2.5" lift in the rear … I’m thinking it should settle out a bit though.

Will update as more mods and pics are added.....

Future Mods:
• 285/75 R16 Toyo MT’s
• Steel Front and Rear Bumpers… any good recommendations?
• Skids
• Winch
• ARB Roof top tent???
Old 12-23-2012, 10:14 AM   #2
Failure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shedFailure2Comply is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: John
Failure2Comply's Tacoma Gallery
Great looking truck, nice job!
Old 12-28-2012, 08:45 AM   #4
uscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: AMT3 kodiak 60T jayhawks
Name: coby
uscg2008's Tacoma Gallery
That's a good start... How the u liking the generals in the snow?
Old 12-28-2012, 03:14 PM   #5
JNome has a spectacular aura aboutJNome has a spectacular aura aboutJNome has a spectacular aura about

JNome's Tacoma Gallery
So far so good... went driving around in the storm yesterday and they didn't slip at all on the roads... easily took over a foot of snow in some fields by my house as well.
Old 12-29-2012, 10:14 AM   #6
uscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Nice. I just wish I could find them in 285/70/17
Old 12-29-2012, 06:44 PM   #7

JNome's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah they are though to come by at times... the 17 in rim makes them even harder to find as well. Not interested in running something more aggressive?
Old 12-30-2012, 12:24 PM   #8

Would have gotten them if they had that size so is had to go with dura tracks
Old 12-30-2012, 02:42 PM   #9
Goof Ball
pra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shedpra4sno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
pra4sno's Tacoma Gallery
I like the look of your truck, and that you've done pre-maintenance items like the Zeibart before spending cash on other things!
Old 01-31-2013, 04:13 AM   #11

JNome's Tacoma Gallery
Added AFE ProDry S air filter the other day... noticeable change in idling rpm as well as highway rpm... haven't noticed a significant change in mpg's but will test on a long freeway trip coming up.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:09 AM   #12
charliepff is on a distinguished road
Firefighter: Driver/Pump Operator- EMT
Name: Charlie
charliepff's Tacoma Gallery
JNome,

I am looking at doing something similiar since I do a lot of fishing trips. I was wondering what you all had sprayed with Line X, and how much the undercoating cost.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:18 AM   #13

JNome's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliepff View Post
JNome,

I am looking at doing something similiar since I do a lot of fishing trips. I was wondering what you all had sprayed with Line X, and how much the undercoating cost.
I had the lower door, rocker panels sprayed, and front of the rear flare spayed with linex. Take your truck down a muddy road and see where most of the drt impact on the side is, my goal was to cover those areas with linex. Its done good so far. The shop I went to offered to do the flares at no extra cost but I kind of like the color matched flares so I opted to not get those sprayed... those are plastic anyway so rust isn't a major concern there.

As for the undercoating... I went to a Ziebart dealer and had the whole job done for around 500
Old 02-03-2013, 10:16 AM   #14

JNome's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys, since I have the TSB and AAL in the rear, I want to upgrade the front coils next.... anybody have any experience running the Eibach's, or OME 885's.... I've heard the Eibachs pair better with the 5100's but I like the option of getting heavier coils incase a steel bumper ends up going on the truck in the future.... Thoughts?
Old 02-18-2013, 07:51 PM   #15

JNome's Tacoma Gallery
Back ordered some Eibachs today to finish the lift for the front... anybody else have some on order and heard of a recent turnaround time on them?
Old 03-27-2013, 07:07 PM   #17
NCTacoma is on a distinguished road
Name: Caleb
NCTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good man. Almost exactly the height I want mine to be. Might hit you up when it comes time to start building.
Old 03-29-2013, 05:25 PM   #18
briinh will become famous soon enoughbriinh will become famous soon enough

briinh's Tacoma Gallery
I see your from central Maine, don't you mean central Maine woods? Lol im also from Maine...but the real north woods...prob 5 hours north of you nice looking truck!
Old 03-29-2013, 09:20 PM   #20

JNome's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by briinh View Post
I see your from central Maine, don't you mean central Maine woods? Lol im also from Maine...but the real north woods...prob 5 hours north of you nice looking truck!
Alright... you got me there... when it comes to Maine though I like to call the Allagash and the West Branch my real home... love it up there