Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Hour's 2012 Regular Cab 4x4 Build

Old 02-02-2013, 01:46 PM   #22
TL;DR BOSS
hour is a jewel in the roughhour is a jewel in the roughhour is a jewel in the rough

Name: Brandon
hour's Tacoma Gallery
It's nice as hell right now, I was actually sweatin' earlier in a hoodie. Traffic is kind of bad with students around, I just take alternate routes that might not be quicker but less students/bad driver college girls - thus more enjoyable.

I was actually thinking of coming up to WY today to Curt Gowdy State Park but I guess it's too late for that now.
Old 02-02-2013, 01:59 PM   #23
H.O.G Hunter Of Gunman
82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3/1 infantry sniper plt reach out and touch someone
Name: BUBBA
82 yotaman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagen View Post
I was in Fort Collins yesterday. Screw that traffic and there is alot stupid drivers! The weather was a dream though haha very jealous of that.
Fort collins/ colorado have some very stupid drivers so being a colorado native born and raised I hate the traffic and the stupid drivers
Old 02-02-2013, 02:01 PM   #24
H.O.G Hunter Of Gunman
82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed82 yotaman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3/1 infantry sniper plt reach out and touch someone
Name: BUBBA
82 yotaman's Tacoma Gallery
Op I'm digging your truck bro I live by horsetooth maybe I'll see that truck when I'm in foco
Old 02-02-2013, 04:54 PM   #25
TL;DR BOSS
hour is a jewel in the roughhour is a jewel in the roughhour is a jewel in the rough

hour's Tacoma Gallery
Yea was sposed to be same with girly today in WY, she's a native but yeah do that, and come down when it gets nice out so we can both learn the limits of our newly lifted vehicles. And dude above (cant scroll up cuz phone) - thanks man, hope to see you around as well. While every other taco i see in town is modded in some sense, i don't even mind it hah. A bunch of of people with good taste in vehicles!
Old 02-13-2013, 03:17 PM   #26
TL;DR BOSS

hour's Tacoma Gallery
Somehow I got suckered in to attending my gfs sister's bday weekend in Denver. I'm not too excited about it :| What trail?
Old 02-13-2013, 07:59 PM   #27
Chief Longpole is on a distinguished road

Marines:
Chief Longpole's Tacoma Gallery
Nice Ride bro'. I was wondering how much your camper shell ran you and if those sliding windows have screens? I'd really like to pick one up for camping but don't need anything fancy.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:54 PM   #28
Datsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shedDatsik is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Datsik's Tacoma Gallery
Super clean, sub'd!
Old 02-13-2013, 10:29 PM   #29
TL;DR BOSS

hour's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Longpole View Post
Nice Ride bro'. I was wondering how much your camper shell ran you and if those sliding windows have screens? I'd really like to pick one up for camping but don't need anything fancy.
It was like $1100 including tax, clamps, and installation. I have sliding rear window and sliding screened windows on the side

Thanks G'z
Old 03-10-2013, 08:55 PM   #30
wfochris is on a distinguished road
wfochris's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck!

I own a GTI now, but am SICK of not having a truck. I decided to order a taco in the next few months, and love the way the RC's look. I was undecided on color, but after seeing yours I know that it's going to be white.
Old 03-13-2013, 12:34 AM   #31
TL;DR BOSS

hour's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks mang and happy first post.

I always liked the storm trooper trend thing going, and it just worked even better getting a base model. I'd really like cruise control and bucket seats though, if I had known I'd be landing a solid job (hence my absence/lack of mods for last month) - I would have done things differently.

Just wire transferred $2500 from my Virginia bank account to my Colorado account to buy a commuter car. 148 miles a day round trip until August 1st when I'm out of current apartment in Fort Collins and hopefully somewhere in Denver within a few miles of work. So yea, $2500 that could go to mods = beater money. Still love the truck, plan on driving it a couple days a week so people don't think I'm a turd burglar in a 1992 geo prizm or whatever I end up with.
Old 03-19-2013, 07:03 PM   #32
wfochris is on a distinguished road
wfochris's Tacoma Gallery
I know the feeling. I've got a beater honda, and while it'd be cool to sell it when I rid myself of the GTI and get a taco, I'll likely keep it just for the sheer "I don't give a f&*k" factor.

I said I'd go white (of course, my GTI is white lol) but it's either that or silver after searching single cabs on this site for hours on end.

Have you considered cruise control via junkyard stem?

The VW... trade ya:

Old 04-05-2013, 11:23 AM   #33
TL;DR BOSS

hour's Tacoma Gallery

Hah just picked up this gem for $1800, 201k mi. Second owner car, all highway miles. Drives perfectly for an econo car- lot better acceleration than my truck even at 1.2L less, 5spd shifts easily and clutch is strong. Drove straight, no vibration at highway speeds, tires good, interior very good, exterior good. Can't wait to drive it to work on Monday, sitting in line to register it now. From 18mpg x 750miles a week to 40something!
Old 05-10-2013, 09:39 AM   #34
FSUtaco is a name known to allFSUtaco is a name known to allFSUtaco is a name known to allFSUtaco is a name known to allFSUtaco is a name known to allFSUtaco is a name known to all

Name: Cody
FSUtaco's Tacoma Gallery
questions

Hey

Just got a white 2013 reg cab and kind of wanting to go in a similar direction as you with it so couple questions for you.

How difficult was it to paint the front grille emblem?

How is the ride with the bilsteins on 2.5 and the add a leaf?
Old 05-10-2013, 02:46 PM   #35
TL;DR BOSS

hour's Tacoma Gallery
Well the ride was awful to begin with stock. It's still awful but i couldn't say how much worse... If you're nitpicky about ride you'll probably want to go to bilsteins all around but no lift. Grill emblem was ez but i had grill out to remove headlights. I used rustoleum satin black but it's starting to chip finally, i'd prep it better if i could do over.

Anyway, just doooo it
Old 05-10-2013, 04:18 PM   #36
FSUtaco is a name known to allFSUtaco is a name known to allFSUtaco is a name known to allFSUtaco is a name known to allFSUtaco is a name known to allFSUtaco is a name known to all

Name: Cody
FSUtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks.

Got the front emblem done. In the process of doing the rims as well right now.

I got the Bilsteins here already just can't decide on the height I want to set them at. I'm not a stickler for ride but have read some stuff on here where people act like its the end of the world haha
Old 07-03-2013, 04:43 PM   #37
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Former FF/EMT
Name: Chris
Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry if you've posted this elsewhere, but what do you think of the SilentArmors after all this time? Would you buy them again?

I'm in the market for tires and can't decide. Definitely going 265, just not sure which tire.

Thanks man!

Fink
Old 07-04-2013, 10:09 AM   #38
TL;DR BOSS

hour's Tacoma Gallery
zero complaints with them, still would have gotten duratracs if the price had been right, but silent armors have great traction, quiet, and wear thusfar suggests they'll last a while (at like 10-12k on em now)
Old 07-05-2013, 07:09 AM   #39
Senior Clown
Werkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWerkro01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
Werkro01's Tacoma Gallery
Nice build. You got to get some fogs and then you'll be all set.
Old 07-05-2013, 12:22 PM   #40
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Former FF/EMT
Name: Chris
Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hour View Post
zero complaints with them, still would have gotten duratracs if the price had been right, but silent armors have great traction, quiet, and wear thusfar suggests they'll last a while (at like 10-12k on em now)
Thanks for the input! DuraTracs are definitely high on my list, but the more I think about it, the more I don't know how smart it is when I live in such an urban/suburban area. I'd mainly be getting them for looks.

The good news is I only drive about 800mi/mo., so regardless of what I get, I won't be replacing them for a long time.

Thanks again for the response! Hope you had a great 4th!

Fink