LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

White Storm's Stormtrooper Build

Old 12-28-2012, 12:01 PM   #1
Aim small, miss small.
WhiteStorm has a brilliant futureWhiteStorm has a brilliant futureWhiteStorm has a brilliant futureWhiteStorm has a brilliant futureWhiteStorm has a brilliant futureWhiteStorm has a brilliant futureWhiteStorm has a brilliant futureWhiteStorm has a brilliant futureWhiteStorm has a brilliant futureWhiteStorm has a brilliant futureWhiteStorm has a brilliant future

Army:
WhiteStorm's Tacoma Gallery
WhiteStorm's Build

CURRENT
20 January 2013

Although it's in the early stages right now, my overall goal for the truck is to build a modest but durable overland build.
It's a daily driver but I still enjoy taking the truck out and would love to have the capability to do some extended overland exploring.

GENERAL
2011 Off-Road (TX) Package
Double Cab - Short Bed
4.0L V6
Super White

WHEELS & TIRES

Goodyear Wrangler DuraTracs (265/75/16)
TRD Beadlock-Style Wheels

SUSPENSION
ICON 2.5" Extended Travel Coilovers (700# Springs)
ICON Tubular UCAs
ICON 2.0 Extended Travel Rear Shocks
All-Pro Offroad Expedition Leaf Pack & U-Bolt Flip Kit
All-Pro Offroad Extended Front & Rear Brake Lines

ARMOR
Avid Off-Road Weld-On Sliders

Pending Order & Installation:
PelfreyBilt High-Clearance Rear Bumper (Tire Swing-out; Hidden Hitch; Rotopax Fuel/Water Carriers)

EXTERIOR

De-Badged
Removed OEM Mud Flaps
Color-Matched & Satoshi Grille (Color-Matched "Toyota")
Painted Lower Valence (Black)
Blacked-Out TRD Wheels
Color-Matched Rear Bumper
Bestop Soft Top

INTERIOR
WeatherTech Floor Liners (Front and Rear)
Super-Bright LED Replacement Bulbs (Map & Dome Lights)
Quick-Fist Mounted Flashlight & Multi-Tool

Color-Matched Gauge Bezels
Blacked-Out Center Console with Color-Matched Transmission Bezel
In-Console Holster Mount (S&W M&P .40)

COMMS & ELECTRONICS
Uniden PRO505XL 40-Channel CB Radio
Firestik 4' CB Antennae & Spring

RECOVERY
Smittybilt 3/4" D-Shackle Recovery Tow Hitch
30' 20,000lb Tow Strap & 8' Tree Saver, 25' Chain w/ Hooks,
5/8" D-Shackle
Entrenching Tool (Mounted to Bed)

48" Hi-Lift Jack; Off-Road Base; Nose & Winch Tensioner Attachment & Lift-Mate Wheel Attachment (Mounted to Bed with 4XRAC)

MISCELLANEOUS
TRD Cat-Back Exhaust
Horn Relocation Modification
8" CravenSpeed Stubby Antenna
Ammunition Cans (Mounted to Bed Rail)
Foam Carpeted Bet Mat (Access Covers)

PLANNED MODIFICATIONS
PelfreyBilt Front Plate Bumper ($2000)
Warn VR-8000 (Synthetic) & AP Off-Road Fairlead ($800)
Rigid Industries Light Bar (20") and D2 Dually's ($950)
DieHard Platinum 31M Battery & Pelfreybilt Cage ($300)

Stock

De-Badged; TSB AAL; Valence Black-Out; Satoshi Grille
For a long time, I resisted the temptation to put much money into the truck, considering that it was a very nice vehicle (huge step-up from my 2000 GMC Sierra single cab with no power locks/windows, etc). Over the first year or so that I had it, I did some miscellaneous paint modifications to change the look and de-chrome the truck without pouring much cash into it. The next few pictures are the results of my minimal-cash-modifications.

Color-Matched Rear Bumper (DIY)

Removed Front License Plate

Installed Ammo Can Storage & E-Tool
I did this before the Bestop was on, but I didn't get around to taking a picture of it until afterwards. My apologies for the discontinuity!

Installed Bilstein 5100s (Front at 1.75")
First real modification - leveled the truck out with some Bilstein 5100s. Love the look, it's given the truck a much better stance from all angles.

Installed Smittybilt Recovery Hitch & Bestop Supertop (Soft Top)
My favorite mod to date - Bestop Supertop. It has made my bed much more functional with regard to what I use it for (carrying military and firefighting gear, my mountain bike, etc). I rarely use it to haul anything that having the bed covered would prohibit, but even when I do, the soft top comes down very easily. I also really like the look of it - highly recommended to anyone debating between roll-up covers, campers, etc. as long as security isn't your biggest concern.

Mounted 265/75/R16 Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac tires & Miscellaneous Bed Mods
Finally got some new tires and am very happy with my choice after a lot of research and searching. I also installed a marine-grade carpet bed mat (it's been even better than I could've imagined), as well as an E-Tool and hatchet with a hammer-head on either side of the bed, using Quick-Fist mounts.I also have a toolbox that has the hook (hard) side of Industrial Velcro on the bottom, so that it velcros to the carpet-like bed mat, without any bungees or drilling. Perfect for my use (I don't keep it in there all the time, it has my off-roading and long-trip supplies).

Old 12-28-2012, 12:09 PM   #2
Fiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Crew Chief
Name: Chad
Fiend13's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good man, nice and clean. How did you mount the ammo cans and your e-tool?
Old 12-28-2012, 12:13 PM   #3
Student / Vol. FF
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
He used this write up for the ammo cans. Quick Fists for the E-Tool.

Matt
Old 12-28-2012, 12:22 PM   #4
Fiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Crew Chief
Name: Chad
Fiend13's Tacoma Gallery
Word. Thanks man.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:29 PM   #5
The White Knight
Eagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant future

Name: AJ
Eagledynasty's Tacoma Gallery
Subbbbbd
Old 12-29-2012, 08:29 AM   #6
Aim small, miss small.
WhiteStorm has a brilliant futureWhiteStorm has a brilliant futureWhiteStorm has a brilliant futureWhiteStorm has a brilliant futureWhiteStorm has a brilliant futureWhiteStorm has a brilliant futureWhiteStorm has a brilliant futureWhiteStorm has a brilliant futureWhiteStorm has a brilliant futureWhiteStorm has a brilliant futureWhiteStorm has a brilliant future

Army:
Updated - 29DEC2012 (Leveled, Recovery Hitch and SoftTop)
Old 12-29-2012, 10:01 AM   #7
The White Knight
Eagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteStorm View Post
Updated - 29DEC2012 (Leveled, Recovery Hitch and SoftTop)
Pics???
Old 12-29-2012, 10:10 AM   #8
Student / Vol. FF
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagledynasty View Post
Pics???
Top and bottom picture in OP.

Matt
Old 12-29-2012, 10:33 AM   #9
The White Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacoFF View Post
Top and bottom picture in OP.

Matt
Got em haha

Did you get your colormatched rear bumper off another TW member or paint it?
Old 12-29-2012, 03:06 PM   #10
Student / Vol. FF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagledynasty View Post
Got em haha

Did you get your colormatched rear bumper off another TW member or paint it?
If you're talking to the OP, he painted it himself. Sand, tape, adhesion promoter, primer, paint.

Matt
Old 12-29-2012, 03:41 PM   #11
Aim small, miss small.

Army:
MGMTacoFF will hereby be my new TW doorman. All questions will go through him from this point forward.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:02 AM   #12
The White Knight

Quote:
MGMTacoFF will hereby be my new TW doorman. All questions will go through him from this point forward.
haha nice and thanks to both of you!
Old 01-02-2013, 01:17 PM   #13
Aim small, miss small.

Army:
Updated with some pictures from a camera other than the one on my phone! (Canon Rebel) Let me know what you guys think.
Old 01-02-2013, 01:23 PM   #14
The White Knight

Quote:
Updated with some pictures from a camera other than the one on my phone! (Canon Rebel) Let me know what you guys think.
Those pictures look great!!! What did you paint the bumper with? Krylon white?
Old 01-02-2013, 01:28 PM   #15
Aim small, miss small.

Army:
I ordered Duplicolor Super White II on Amazon. Perfect match.
Old 01-02-2013, 01:29 PM   #16
The White Knight

Quote:
I ordered Duplicolor Super White II on Amazon. Perfect match.
Nice thanks!!!
Old 01-02-2013, 06:21 PM   #17
uscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: AMT3 kodiak 60T jayhawks
Name: coby
uscg2008's Tacoma Gallery
Good start def bub! Now fall in to your assignment in the stormtrooper platoon
Old 01-12-2013, 09:45 AM   #18
3ps14 is on a distinguished road

3ps14's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck. Very clean.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:07 PM   #19
Aim small, miss small.

Army:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ps14 View Post
Nice truck. Very clean.
Thanks man! Should have some good pictures coming up in the next week or so. Once I mount the Duratracs, I'll put up some new pictures, including my bed (mounted tools, bed mat, toolbox, etc), interior paint work, and console gun mount.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:04 PM   #20
Aim small, miss small.

Army:
Tires are in - going to mount them on Sunday. Then some more pictures to come.
Attached Thumbnails
White Storm's Stormtrooper Build-photo.jpg