LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

The Supercharged FRV!

Old 05-16-2013, 06:50 PM   #181
WY7FRV
woodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
woodnick's Tacoma Gallery
OK guys I'm trying to replace my fuel tank, but I'm having a hell of time getting the fuel pump cover off. Does anyone know of some Jedi mind trick to get it off?
Old 05-16-2013, 06:53 PM   #182
Yes, I got boost
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
You should use a strap wrench... but the use of a towel and a ratchet strap might do the trick
Old 05-16-2013, 06:58 PM   #183
WY7FRV
woodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
You should use a strap wrench... but the use of a towel and a ratchet strap might do the trick
For the cover? The instructions from urd don't mention the cover. I'm talking about the black plastic over the fuel housing.
Old 05-16-2013, 07:29 PM   #184
Yes, I got boost
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Do you have the tank dropped? Do you have the bucket out? I can chat on the phone in like 30 min if you don't get it by then... I'm just confused as to what stage of the install you're at is all right now.
Old 05-16-2013, 07:43 PM   #186
Yes, I got boost

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodnick View Post
Thanks man I got the cover off. What a bitch. Now I'm working on getting the electrical connector off.
Good. If you have anything else come up feel free to give me a call. Pm sent
Old 05-16-2013, 11:12 PM   #187
Yes, I got boost

One last thing to not forget is that there are little catch clips going all the way around the top of that plastic retainer ring. I was so focused on getting the ring to move I nearly sheared every one of the little bastards off lol. Have a small flat blade screwdriver handy to push those in as you go around.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:42 AM   #188
WY7FRV

Got everything done. Ended up going to the dealership and borrowing their tool.

After I got the pump installed seems like my afr's are all over the place. I'll run a tank of gas through it and see if they settle down.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:49 AM   #189
Yes, I got boost

You've got your hi and low pressure fuel lines all hooked up correctly I assume? Is there any sort of calibration on the UCON that needs to be done for a new pump? The new one should provide consistent flow whereas the stock one may not have
Old 05-20-2013, 10:11 AM   #190
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
You've got your hi and low pressure fuel lines all hooked up correctly I assume? Is there any sort of calibration on the UCON that needs to be done for a new pump? The new one should provide consistent flow whereas the stock one may not have

Idk about the lines..

but the UCON is automatic. And we had it unplugged. Supposed to take about a full tank of gas for it to get a good bearing on stuff and then its always trying to improve on stuff.

but his AFRs are all over. down to 13.1 up to 15.5 just driving around. Its odd. Had no issue with the stock pump.
Old 05-20-2013, 10:17 AM   #193
WY7FRV

I'm pretty sure I have the line hooked up right but I'll double check to make sure. I'm going to give gadget a call also.
Old 06-05-2013, 07:10 AM   #194
PutterClutch
SconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marc
SconnieHailer's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Steve, I forgot to stop in here and say thanks for the ride in your truck the other weekend! Was nice meeting you guys. of your S/C, really a nice power increase with all the supporting mods you've got with it! Plus that engine bay is really clean with the URD intake, lots of room for other stuff now I also heard you've got a Brute Force HC rear ordered, you're gonna love that big dangler stock bumper gone!

~Marc
Old 06-05-2013, 09:41 PM   #195
WY7FRV

Quote:
Originally Posted by SconnieHailer View Post
Hey Steve, I forgot to stop in here and say thanks for the ride in your truck the other weekend! Was nice meeting you guys. of your S/C, really a nice power increase with all the supporting mods you've got with it! Plus that engine bay is really clean with the URD intake, lots of room for other stuff now I also heard you've got a Brute Force HC rear ordered, you're gonna love that big dangler stock bumper gone!

~Marc
Your welcome sir! Great to meet you and your wife, had a great time chatting with you guys. You heard right about the bumper. Should have it just in time for the Lander meet. I've also decided to make my own sliders and bed rack. So I should be good to go cone august.
Old 06-06-2013, 12:38 PM   #197
The Rembrandt of Rattle Can
Madjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadjik_Man is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Madjik_Man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Is that you in the orange shirt, Monte?

You look 12.
Old 06-06-2013, 01:13 PM   #198
except for God, I answer to no one
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madjik_Man View Post
Is that you in the orange shirt, Monte?

You look 12.
Thats the same thing i said, it's his brother.

Products Discussed in this Thread