Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

The Supercharged FRV!

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-18-2013, 08:26 PM   #49
Modified Glamper Extraordinaire
Digiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Location: Exploring the Pacific NW including ID, MT, WYO & CO
Digiratus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
Yea we are struggling to find a nice place for the antenna. Normally he would just put it on the rear bumper but he doesn't have it yet. Gonna try and make a hood bracket.
Yeah, The ground plane with the hood mount seems to be the best if you can live with looking at the hood mount all the time.

Unless you have a huge bed rack with a high mount location.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:38 PM   #50
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digiratus View Post
Yeah, The ground plane with the hood mount seems to be the best if you can live with looking at the hood mount all the time.

Unless you have a huge bed rack with a high mount location.
You should move yours it's the best place to put it

Yea the bracket we bought just isn't long enough. Probably gonna buy a bit of stainless to fab something up

I came up with mounting with the mirror so you wouldn't see it as much..but can get it work
Old 01-18-2013, 08:51 PM   #51
Modified Glamper Extraordinaire
Digiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Location: Exploring the Pacific NW including ID, MT, WYO & CO
Digiratus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You should move yours it's the best place to put it

Yea the bracket we bought just isn't long enough. Probably gonna buy a bit of stainless to fab something up

I came up with mounting with the mirror so you wouldn't see it as much..but can get it work
I don't mind looking at the hood mount.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:34 PM   #58
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah, and your point? Special situation, the canyon wall channel and reflect the singal. What else you got?
What?? No it doesn't. It restricts you signal. Especially when you guys where around a corner..and you saw the tuning..was damn near perfect.

It's not probably astronomically better. But I'm confident in saying I have a bit of range advantage..just due t the longer antenna..I don't think the mounting height effects that..

Either way. Your radio is the only radio I've even talked too that I could always hear haha
Old 01-18-2013, 09:40 PM   #59
Just out for a rip are ya bud?
IDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
IDtrucks's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Lol of course not haha but mine works better
Quote:
Quote:
Well yea..duh..haha
Quote:
Do you have some hard evidence to present?
Quote:
I could hear you and Ben in the paradise canyon..for like what..4-5 miles??
Quote:
Yeah, and your point? Special situation, the canyon wall channel and reflect the singal. What else you got?
Quote:
What?? No it doesn't. It restricts you signal. Especially when you guys where around a corner..and you saw the tuning..was damn near perfect.

It's not probably astronomically better. But I'm confident in saying I have a bit of range advantage..just due t the longer antenna..I don't think the mounting height effects that..

Either way. Your radio is the only radio I've even talked too that I could always hear haha
Ladies, ladies...

calm yourselves.

And say NOTHING about my broken ass terrible CB.

Products Discussed in this Thread