Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

The Supercharged FRV!

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-18-2013, 10:51 PM   #61
Modified Glamper Extraordinaire
Digiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Location: Exploring the Pacific NW including ID, MT, WYO & CO
Digiratus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
What?? No it doesn't. It restricts you signal. Especially when you guys where around a corner..and you saw the tuning..was damn near perfect.

It's not probably astronomically better. But I'm confident in saying I have a bit of range advantage..just due t the longer antenna..I don't think the mounting height effects that..

Either way. Your radio is the only radio I've even talked too that I could always hear haha
Yes, that is my point. Mine has a hood mount.

IMO, the reason you could hear well was because of the canyon walls. The walls tend to channel the signal beyond the nornal range.There is no doubt that your radio works very good. Possible as good as any "stock" radio I have ever wheeled with. Some of that is, IMO, because we have the same radios.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:58 PM   #63
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digiratus View Post
Yes, that is my point. Mine has a hood mount.

IMO, the reason you could hear well was because of the canyon walls. The walls tend to channel the signal beyond the nornal range.There is no doubt that your radio works very good. Possible as good as any "stock" radio I have ever wheeled with. Some of that is, IMO, because we have the same radios.

Uinden 520proxl FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtrucks View Post
does it work well?

I thought you had issues with it?
Yea it works fine. It's range sucks with the tiny ass little antenna that just goes on it.

Lisa tho got an external antenna for hers and it worked quite well. Best quality I've heard. Not killer range but her antenna was small.

It died in Moab but was just a small power wire. My dad fixed it when i let him use it.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:07 PM   #65
Just out for a rip are ya bud?
IDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
IDtrucks's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Uinden 520proxl FTW

Yea it works fine. It's range sucks with the tiny ass little antenna that just goes on it.

Lisa tho got an external antenna for hers and it worked quite well. Best quality I've heard. Not killer range but her antenna was small.

It died in Moab but was just a small power wire. My dad fixed it when i let him use it.
hmmm so if I hooked my 4' antenna too it it would work pretty well...

hmmmmm
Quote:
Mark, Check out this thread...

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ding-high.html

A lot of really good info in this thread about making a CB work.
It tuned alright when I did it, 1 and 40 were pretty dam close. It was always just too quiet, even when I ground it straight to the frame and redid the power cables directly to the battery and swappd mics. Maybe my coax is laying on itself and I need to re do it?

Would having the coax running under my amp for the sub cause it to not transmit right?
Old 01-18-2013, 11:17 PM   #67
Modified Glamper Extraordinaire
Digiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shedDigiratus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Location: Exploring the Pacific NW including ID, MT, WYO & CO
Digiratus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtrucks View Post
hmmm so if I hooked my 4' antenna too it it would work pretty well...

hmmmmm

It tuned alright when I did it, 1 and 40 were pretty dam close. It was always just too quiet, even when I ground it straight to the frame and redid the power cables directly to the battery and swappd mics. Maybe my coax is laying on itself and I need to re do it?

Would having the coax running under my amp for the sub cause it to not transmit right?
You did not read that thread did you?
Old 01-18-2013, 11:22 PM   #68
IDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Yes! Try and keep it away from power wires..

And yea it should work good with yours. Really I was gonna hard wire mine into the truck till it died a I bought a new one. But then it wasn't broke haha
wait keep it away from power wires?
Quote:
You did not read that thread did you?
actually i did. It was just a bunch of talk about how to tune it, which i already did. Or maybe i missed something. I replied in it tho ha.
Old 01-19-2013, 06:36 AM   #72

Quote:
Yes keep it away from power wires.
That still doesn't explain it! What kind of power wires? Like don't touch the cb to the positive and negative battery terminals?

So are you saying I can use the cb...or have the cb
Quote:
Yes,ground the mount very good without grounding the antenna and keep it away from the back of the cab. Tailgate or the Hood, best antenta mount locations.
Well the mount should ground if its connected to the bed which is metal, and gues what, it's in the front of the bed by the cab, so blah.
Old 01-20-2013, 12:28 AM   #80
WY7FRV
woodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
woodnick's Tacoma Gallery
Everything went well today. Tomorrow I hope to do the cd/aux mod with my deck then I'll be done for the hitch. I have to go back to work on Monday, Then you guys can go back to looking at more lights being installed . Next hitch off I hope to some big mods with headers, ucon, y-pipe, etc. Then I can move on to Armor.

Products Discussed in this Thread