Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

The Supercharged FRV!

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-26-2013, 04:44 PM   #168
WY7FRV
woodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
woodnick's Tacoma Gallery
So I got back from Alaska on Wednesday, Jumped into the truck after working all day and flying all night. So I'm tired... As I'm pulling out of the parking garage in Billings Mt I notice I'm out of gas. So I start thinking to myself "Did I gas up before parking?" I think back and yes I remember that I had... So now I'm a little pissed. and I think "shit someone siphoned my gas"

I find the nearest gas station go to fill up and as I'm pumping gas all of a sudden gas starts pouring out from underneath my truck. I shut off the pump look underneath the truck and this is what I see.....

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!

So now I'm in Billings 100 miles from home with a hole in my tank. I was in a kind of catch 22 situation. First of all I still had my truck but with a hole in my fuel tank. Second the bastard who did it got away with out burning to death.

SO.... I sat there trying to figure out what in the hell I was going to do. I went into the gas station and they got me some absorb to soak up all of the gas that has spilled. Then I tried to figure out how in the hell I was going to plug the hole enough to get home. I went back into the gas station and bought a gas additive bottle that had a long skinny neck on it that I thought would fit into the hole. I tried it but it didn't work.

After calling the police to make a report about it I thought well hell I made it this far I'll try and make it to the dealership, about 5 blocks away. On the way to the dealership I saw a hardware store and pulled into there to see if I could find something that could plug the hole. I ended up getting a rubber cork that the hardware store drilled a hole into so I could run a bolt into it after I had it in the hole.

It sealed the leak but I was nervous about it popping out while I was driving down the road. So I added a little insurance. What do you think that would be but.... Duck Tape!

I made it home with that setup, thinking the whole way that if the plug popped out and the gas spraying out of the hole hit the hot exhaust pipe I'd blow up. But it all worked.

I have since acquired a more secure plug.

I called the dealership to see what a new tank would cost. $700+ holy crap...

I have since found one in Rapid City at a junk yard for $80 + 40 Shipping. Now I have to replace my tank.

On a good note Polecat (Stan) sold me his old M8000 for $250, freshly rebuilt by Warn.

Old 04-26-2013, 08:51 PM   #172
WY7FRV
woodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SconnieHailer View Post
That totally sucks Steve!!! All the more reason to armor your tank in 3/16 steel

I hope it all goes smoothly when you get to it!

That's exactly what I was thinking!! I need to find one though. I'm in the process of searching now. I still can't believe someone would be so stupid! But it goes to show you the stupid people in this world are protected by some mysterious source.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:58 PM   #173
Banned
IndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
IndianTaco's Tacoma Gallery
damn that sucks!! what parking garage? so i know where not to leave my truck....
Old 04-26-2013, 10:10 PM   #174
WY7FRV

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianTaco View Post
damn that sucks!! what parking garage? so i know where not to leave my truck....

Park 1 Downtown on 3rd and 29th street. City parking garage.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:25 PM   #175
WY7FRV

I got the winch mounted. But I didn't want to lose the red plate on the front of my plate bumper. So I hinged a section so it looks like its a solid red backing plate but you can still access the clutch lever on the winch. I also had to move the water pump for my super charger for the witch to fit. Finally I mounted the winch contactor behind the drivers head light.

Supercharger Pump Relocate

Backing Plate Hinge

Contactor Mounting Plate

Winch Access door in action!!

http://s1079.photobucket.com/user/wo...4772e.mp4.html

http://s1079.photobucket.com/user/wo...c8055.mp4.html
Old 05-09-2013, 01:14 PM   #177
WY7FRV

Quote:
Originally Posted by SconnieHailer View Post
Trick work Steve

That gas tank plug still working well?
Yes still have the plug in it. I bought a new tank but I thought since I had to take it out i might as well upgrade the fuel pump. So I have a new pump coming from URD. Should be at home by the time I get there. I'm also going to make a skid for it so I won't have to worry about it again. Or at least the aholes will have to work for it.

Products Discussed in this Thread