Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

The Supercharged FRV!

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-30-2012, 12:57 AM   #1
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
The Supercharged FRV!

This is my Dad's tacoma and he wanted a build thread..but i guess wont make it himself lol

His truck is named the FRV due to the fact he often has to come and rescue my tacoma..name Frankenstein. So his is FRV..Frankenstein Recovery Vehicle

Truck is a 2008 TRD sport Double cab Long bed(trail limo). Color is radiant red.

Mods:

Suspenstion:
-Toytech Ultimate lift kit
-Toytech adjustable coil overs
-Toytech AAL
-Icon Rear shocks with resi's
-Total Chaos UCAs

Wheels/Tires:
-265/75R17 Cooper STTs on stock rims

Exterior:
-Custom Bed side decals
-Home down satoshi with Homertaco mesh

Lighting:
-Blitzpro 3lrs
-10" Rigid Industries LED bar in hood scoop

Preformance:
-TRD supercharger
-URD stealth pulley wheel
-Dual Magnaflow exhaust
-URD true CAI
-Custom made AFE filter
-DougT Long tube headers
-U-Conn programmer Piggy back
-New Exhaust URD cam gears
-URD Y pipe
-Home modded oil catch can

Armor:
-Demello Front bumper with custom color match back plate
-Elite Offroad Bumper brackets
-Demello DIY Bolt on Hybrid Siders
-Bruteforce Rear HC bumper with tire swing out

Other:
-Color match topper
-Satoshi Grill(HomerTaco DYI)
-Wet Okley Seat covers
-Homemade bed rack with CVT Mt. Helen's RTT
-cobra lt29 CB radio custom extended to fit in the dash
-hand made CB antenna mount
-Warn m8000 with 5/16s amsteel synth line

Future mods:

-skids

Pictures are kinda lacking of the over all build only have a few of the rig, including coming and saving me on my first ever Tacoma meet haha

Here is the earliest photo i have of the FRV on its first misson to get me i was still on 31s..haha

Cool custom color match back plate for the bumper

first wheeling trip with me in MT

Installing 3lrs on homemade brackets

done

Making the URD CAI fit on the TRD SC!!! Satoshi is REQUIRED!!

Satoshi..

tweaked CAI..

sounds BAD ASS!

Added the new custom afe air filter. Gave better clearance so the rock shield could go back on.

Before

After

Rock shield

Fits like a glove with the grill.

Ask added a rear view mirror bracket that raises the mirror 2"! VERY nice.

Current project is installing a cobra ltd 29 CB by cutting it up and added extended wires to mount the control face in the lower front console while the speaker and circuit board go under the seat.

Radio done.

Also installed a console vault!

Getting mounted..

This is the top plate. My dad is lord of wood working.

Looks nice

Nice and snug. Just zip tied down. It's not going anywhere though.

CB bracket being made

Old school fabrication

Fits perfect

Test fit

Trimmed and ready for paint

And done! Works great. Built in SWR meter is showing below 1.5 on 1 and 40

Old 12-30-2012, 07:48 AM   #2
Wannabe crawler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Very nice truck! Drooling over the S/C!
Old 12-30-2012, 09:25 AM   #3
cowbell is on a distinguished road

Name: tom
cowbell's Tacoma Gallery
Good looking truck! Any issues with rain or water with the URD TCAI ?
Old 12-30-2012, 10:01 AM   #4
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC10TRDSPORT View Post
Very nice truck! Drooling over the S/C!
I know it's bad ass!! I want one for mine now. Thing moves pretty good now..

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowbell View Post
Good looking truck! Any issues with rain or water with the URD TCAI ?
Nope. He actually had it for a few years really. Just got the sc this fall ad we decided to put it back on. There is a kinda rock/bug/water shield that goes on it. But it won't fit with the current filter. The custom AFE one will allow room for it though and it'll go back on.
Old 12-30-2012, 11:22 PM   #8
Toyota Addict
Trowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrowbocop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Trowbocop's Tacoma Gallery
You spelled Toytec wrong

Sick looking 2nd gen though!
Old 12-30-2012, 11:28 PM   #9
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
nice truck!!
Old 12-31-2012, 06:32 AM   #11
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Love the name
Will dad and the FRV be joining us this summer?
Old 12-31-2012, 10:44 AM   #12
WY7FRV
woodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
woodnick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTgirl View Post
Love the name
I will try and make it this summer. It depends on when it will it will be.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:18 AM   #13
Dr. Frankenstein

Quote:
Love the name
Yea we did too!! Haha why it stuck

As for meets he has a 2 week on 2 week off schedule so it'll all depend on if he is here.

I'm going to try and get at least part of the wy meet scheduled so he is home. Should go to Moab dad..

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodnick View Post
Old 12-31-2012, 05:24 PM   #14
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodnick View Post
And of course we want you there for fun and NOT as part of a recovery mission!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
Yea we did too!! Haha why it stuck

As for meets he has a 2 week on 2 week off schedule so it'll all depend on if he is here.

I'm going to try and get at least part of the wy meet scheduled so he is home. Should go to Moab dad..

Well we have plenty of time to plan so hopefully things will work out!
Old 12-31-2012, 06:38 PM   #16
Dr. Frankenstein

Quote:

Yes we have lots and lots of time. Figure ifi can't swing Moab then MT spring meet and WY fall meet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digiratus View Post
I sure hope you can. It is your back yard after all.

It'll be interesting to see how your long wheelbase does on the Morrison Trail.
Brady and Mike are coming too I think..or gonna try so it'll be interesting.
Old 12-31-2012, 07:48 PM   #19
shit happens then you die
jobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Josh
jobrien's Tacoma Gallery
nice man im jelly i wish my pops was into moddin and mobbin the only thing hes into is slave drivin
Old 12-31-2012, 10:40 PM   #20
WY7FRV
woodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodnick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
woodnick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I hope to make it but I better get some sliders and the Brute Force bumper first!

Products Discussed in this Thread