1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

1mrwatermakers slooooww build

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by 1mrwatermaker, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Dec 30, 2012 at 6:09 AM
    1mrwatermaker

1mrwatermaker [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    2006 TRD 4X4
    XD Chrome Revolvers 18x9, 285/60R18 Cooper Zeon LTZ tires,chrome bull bar,chrome nerfbars, foglight mod, led interior lights,5% tent all around, factory HU, AUX mod kicker6x9 front, kicker 6.5 rear, power acoustik tweets F&B, eclipse EQ, kicker 4 ch amp, 600D directed amp, 2 8" Kicker DVC Comp subs, ultraguage, LED cupholder lights, LED bed lights
    Here she sets after a few bolt-ons
    [​IMG]

the bull bar is slapped on...................and so is the nerf bars
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Put some tint all the way around 5%
    [​IMG]

them i got these puppies mounted..XD Chrome Revolvers 18x9 wrapped in Cooper Zion LTZs 285/60 R18s
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Then comes the radio, still running the factory deck................ Did the Aux Mod.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Kicker 6x9s up front, Kicker 6.5s in the rear and Power Acoustik Tweeters F&R.............2 8" Kicker Comp DVC in a custom down fire box...
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Kicker 200.4 amp running mids and highs...............Directed 600.1 Amp for the subs
    [​IMG][​IMG]

and an Eclipse EQ to fine tune everything
    [​IMG]

UltraGuage....LOVE THIS THING

[​IMG]
    LED Interior Lights (Map & Dome)
    [​IMG]
    Did the LEDs for cup holder, gear selector and cubby hole
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Here is how it sets today
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Alittle Blue Loom...before and after
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    LED bed lights.....they are brighter than the picture show
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    things on the to-do list
    led nerf bar lighting
    more D-Rings in the bed
    OME 885 coils
    bilstein shocks front & back
    2" AAL
    aftermarket HU

Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
  2. Dec 30, 2012 at 6:49 AM
    1mrwatermaker

Member:
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    2006 TRD 4X4
    XD Chrome Revolvers 18x9, 285/60R18 Cooper Zeon LTZ tires,chrome bull bar,chrome nerfbars, foglight mod, led interior lights,5% tent all around, factory HU, AUX mod kicker6x9 front, kicker 6.5 rear, power acoustik tweets F&B, eclipse EQ, kicker 4 ch amp, 600D directed amp, 2 8" Kicker DVC Comp subs, ultraguage, LED cupholder lights, LED bed lights
    Thank You , not extremely loud but pretty clean sounding. My ear bleeding days are over..haha. still need to do some clean up work on wiring and amp mounting

3. Dec 30, 2012 at 2:07 PM
    1mrwatermaker

Member:
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    2006 TRD 4X4
    Thanks. Im setting 2" lower in the front now, i want to get my front up at least 2"(with the option of being able to go higher) because im rubbing with wheel and tire set up even after lots of trimming. figured i wld go 2" in the back, i dont want to look nose high plus it will help out when pulling sidexside....figured with the added weight of the bull bar i may need to go with the 885s. Im open to all suggestions help and knowledge is always appreciated..

4. Dec 30, 2012 at 3:26 PM
    1mrwatermaker

Member:
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    2006 TRD 4X4
    I DEFINITELY WANT TO TRY TO STAY AWAY FROM UCAs. Dont want to spend that kind of money. Id rather put that kinda money towards a new HU or some okoles

5. Dec 30, 2012 at 4:33 PM
    1mrwatermaker

Member:
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    2006 TRD 4X4
    Sounds like thats the setup I need then. Thanks for the info. i need a an alignment now just putting it off till the lift goes in.

6. Oct 24, 2013 at 6:42 AM
    Bosshoag

Bosshoag Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mr. Doogan
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Vehicle:
    '20 4X4 TRD Off Road MT
    I'm here for knowledge folks, please feel free to inform me. Expedition Essentials Track Mount Weather Tech floor liners and window vents K&N air filter Summit Dakars in Matte Bronze -25 offset King suspension from Filthy Motorsports MESO customs white/red interior lights and MESO customs gasshole
    Do you have any lift or wheel spacers?
    I have 18X9" BBS RW wheels and need new tires and I really like your set up. Considering something similar. I like how wide your tires are!
    I believe I read somewhere that you mentioned having to do some considerable fender trimming. Was it due to the Width?
    I was considering 265/65R18's but then I saw your set up and got excited about the 285/60r18 which is roughly the same diameter but an inch wider, which i'm a huge fan of.
    Would you suggest going with this wider tire or would you suggest sticking with the smaller width to refrain from hacking fenders?

Last edited: Oct 24, 2013
  7. Nov 12, 2013 at 5:19 PM
    1mrwatermaker

Member:
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    2006 TRD 4X4
    sry for responding so late......i dont have any kind of lift yet nor do i have wheels spacers ( those things scare me after one broke on my RZR and the wheel flew off)!!!!!! ... and yes i had to do some trimming under the front fenders. if u will go into my gallery u will find a few pics of what i had to cut and trim..... myself i like the wider tire , it just looks more beefy, but it also keeps it dirty

8. Nov 14, 2013 at 10:26 AM
    Bosshoag

Bosshoag Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mr. Doogan
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Vehicle:
    '20 4X4 TRD Off Road MT
    I'm here for knowledge folks, please feel free to inform me. Expedition Essentials Track Mount Weather Tech floor liners and window vents K&N air filter Summit Dakars in Matte Bronze -25 offset King suspension from Filthy Motorsports MESO customs white/red interior lights and MESO customs gasshole
    I don't see a gallery anywhere when I go to your page. Am I missing something?! (pretty much a newb.. Sorry.)

9. Nov 17, 2013 at 8:29 PM
    1mrwatermaker

Member:
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    2006 TRD 4X4
    try this.....
    the first pic is the rear part of the front fender and the second pic is the front part of the fender... i just used a pair of tin snips to cut the plastic.. no biggy to do, 5 minute job... still have alittle rubbing on an inner fender screw head at hard lock in reverse. thats about it tho

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 17, 2013

Products Discussed in

To Top