Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

1mrwatermakers slooooww build

Old 12-30-2012, 07:09 AM   #1
1mrwatermaker is a glorious beacon of light1mrwatermaker is a glorious beacon of light1mrwatermaker is a glorious beacon of light1mrwatermaker is a glorious beacon of light1mrwatermaker is a glorious beacon of light

1mrwatermaker's Tacoma Gallery
1mrwatermakers slooooww build

Here she sets after a few bolt-ons

the bull bar is slapped on...................and so is the nerf bars

Put some tint all the way around 5%

them i got these puppies mounted..XD Chrome Revolvers 18x9 wrapped in Cooper Zion LTZs 285/60 R18s

Then comes the radio, still running the factory deck................ Did the Aux Mod.

Kicker 6x9s up front, Kicker 6.5s in the rear and Power Acoustik Tweeters F&R.............2 8" Kicker Comp DVC in a custom down fire box...

Kicker 200.4 amp running mids and highs...............Directed 600.1 Amp for the subs

and an Eclipse EQ to fine tune everything

UltraGuage....LOVE THIS THING

LED Interior Lights (Map & Dome)

Did the LEDs for cup holder, gear selector and cubby hole

Here is how it sets today

Alittle Blue Loom...before and after

LED bed lights.....they are brighter than the picture show

things on the to-do list
led nerf bar lighting
more D-Rings in the bed
OME 885 coils
bilstein shocks front & back
2" AAL
aftermarket HU
Old 12-30-2012, 07:49 AM   #2
1mrwatermaker is a glorious beacon of light1mrwatermaker is a glorious beacon of light1mrwatermaker is a glorious beacon of light1mrwatermaker is a glorious beacon of light1mrwatermaker is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmxracer View Post
Very nice sound system you got there!
Thank You , not extremely loud but pretty clean sounding. My ear bleeding days are over..haha. still need to do some clean up work on wiring and amp mounting
Old 12-30-2012, 03:07 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmxracer View Post
I also noticed your plans for the 2inch AAL and the 885 coils. I went with a 1 1/2 inch AAL and 884x coils with a driver side spacer. Check out my build page. You might want to go that route. Check it out when you get a chance
Thanks. Im setting 2" lower in the front now, i want to get my front up at least 2"(with the option of being able to go higher) because im rubbing with wheel and tire set up even after lots of trimming. figured i wld go 2" in the back, i dont want to look nose high plus it will help out when pulling sidexside....figured with the added weight of the bull bar i may need to go with the 885s. Im open to all suggestions help and knowledge is always appreciated..
Old 12-30-2012, 04:26 PM   #4

I DEFINITELY WANT TO TRY TO STAY AWAY FROM UCAs. Dont want to spend that kind of money. Id rather put that kinda money towards a new HU or some okoles
Old 12-30-2012, 05:33 PM   #5

Thumbs up

Sounds like thats the setup I need then. Thanks for the info. i need a an alignment now just putting it off till the lift goes in.
Old 10-24-2013, 07:42 AM   #6
Bosshoag is on a distinguished road

Name: Mr. Doogan
Bosshoag's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1mrwatermaker View Post
Here she sets after a few bolt-ons

the bull bar is slapped on...................and so is the nerf bars

Put some tint all the way around 5%

them i got these puppies mounted..XD Chrome Revolvers 18x9 wrapped in Cooper Zion LTZs 285/60 R18s

Then comes the radio, still running the factory deck................ Did the Aux Mod.

Kicker 6x9s up front, Kicker 6.5s in the rear and Power Acoustik Tweeters F&R.............2 8" Kicker Comp DVC in a custom down fire box...

Kicker 200.4 amp running mids and highs...............Directed 600.1 Amp for the subs

and an Eclipse EQ to fine tune everything

UltraGuage....LOVE THIS THING

LED Interior Lights (Map & Dome)

Did the LEDs for cup holder, gear selector and cubby hole

Here is how it sets today

things on the to-do list
led bed lighting
led nerf bar lighting
more D-Rings in the bed
OME 885 coils
bilstein shocks front & back
2" AAL
aftermarket HU
Do you have any lift or wheel spacers?
I have 18X9" BBS RW wheels and need new tires and I really like your set up. Considering something similar. I like how wide your tires are!
I believe I read somewhere that you mentioned having to do some considerable fender trimming. Was it due to the Width?
I was considering 265/65R18's but then I saw your set up and got excited about the 285/60r18 which is roughly the same diameter but an inch wider, which i'm a huge fan of.
Would you suggest going with this wider tire or would you suggest sticking with the smaller width to refrain from hacking fenders?
Old 11-12-2013, 06:19 PM   #7

sry for responding so late......i dont have any kind of lift yet nor do i have wheels spacers ( those things scare me after one broke on my RZR and the wheel flew off)!!!!!! ... and yes i had to do some trimming under the front fenders. if u will go into my gallery u will find a few pics of what i had to cut and trim..... myself i like the wider tire , it just looks more beefy, but it also keeps it dirty
Old 11-14-2013, 11:26 AM   #8
Bosshoag is on a distinguished road

Name: Mr. Doogan
Bosshoag's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1mrwatermaker View Post
sry for responding so late......i dont have any kind of lift yet nor do i have wheels spacers ( those things scare me after one broke on my RZR and the wheel flew off)!!!!!! ... and yes i had to do some trimming under the front fenders. if u will go into my gallery u will find a few pics of what i had to cut and trim..... myself i like the wider tire , it just looks more beefy, but it also keeps it dirty
I don't see a gallery anywhere when I go to your page. Am I missing something?! (pretty much a newb.. Sorry.)
Old 11-17-2013, 09:29 PM   #9

try this.....
the first pic is the rear part of the front fender and the second pic is the front part of the fender... i just used a pair of tin snips to cut the plastic.. no biggy to do, 5 minute job... still have alittle rubbing on an inner fender screw head at hard lock in reverse. thats about it tho