Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

DueNorth's Build

Old 03-01-2013, 04:19 PM   #222
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimwood Shady View Post
They didn't torque JA's front drive shaft either....I didn't notice any issues with mine....
Torque nothing, the bolts were handed-started only. If I'd engaged 4wd before catching the issue it woulda spun the shaft off the diff.

Good thing I decided "I'll grease the shafts and change the t-case lube while the skid plates are off".

Other than that, no complaints. That said, if I had the tools and space to keep the truck torn down for a couple days, I'd have done the gear myself. I decided not to complain about that because Stuff Happens Sometimes. I can forgive a single item for the rest of the work they do. But growing businesses like ECGS definitely have growing pains, and I don't think it's unfair to keep Chase fully informed of what's coming out of his shop. He may not be aware!
Old 03-01-2013, 06:12 PM   #223
Sloweburn is on a distinguished road

Name: Steve
Sloweburn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gylar View Post
Oh, i also diagnosed a squeal that i thought was coming from a pulley... Turns out it was the belt... don't know how i managed this tho... lol

My belt was screaming at me 2 weeks ago. I thought it was the water pump or pretensioner. Dealer said it was likely the belt, but would take them a week to look at it. I lasted a day and bought one at Napa. Stopped the noise.

As for the work at ECGS. I can overlook 1 or 2 minor things, but 4 things and 2 of them potentially major catastrophes... completely unacceptable.
Old 03-01-2013, 06:42 PM   #224
the risk is worth the reward
mattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: matt
mattmxracer's Tacoma Gallery
Hey bud do you live in VA now?? I swear I saw you truck, identical and all. Impressive ride
Old 03-03-2013, 07:47 AM   #225
DueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
DueNorth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
I had a small problem with where the barbed fitting got tapped into the front diff for the locker leaking. I had to drain the diff partially and put some thread sealant and Teflon tape on it and reinstall. Turns out they didn't put any on when they put the fitting on unfortunately I didn't even think to check that I just assumed they did their job.

I had none of your other issues since I installed the diffs and compressor myself. That sucks though I'd def call them and give them some ear and hopefully they'll make it right. Every other person I heard has had great experiences with them but I guess like anything else there are a few unlucky ones
Now that you mentioned that barb fitting, i'll be checking mine out now as well, just to make sure teflon tape was applied. Bet it wasn't but we'll see...
At the time i had a trip planned to see Kevin anyways (for the tiregate) and my gf wanted to take a bit of a trip so instead of even attempting an install like this at my house i figured i'd be much better off having the professionals do it while i'm down and around that area.
Had i known i'd have this many problems afterwards....i would have done it differently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
Torque nothing, the bolts were handed-started only. If I'd engaged 4wd before catching the issue it woulda spun the shaft off the diff.

Good thing I decided "I'll grease the shafts and change the t-case lube while the skid plates are off".

Other than that, no complaints. That said, if I had the tools and space to keep the truck torn down for a couple days, I'd have done the gear myself. I decided not to complain about that because Stuff Happens Sometimes. I can forgive a single item for the rest of the work they do. But growing businesses like ECGS definitely have growing pains, and I don't think it's unfair to keep Chase fully informed of what's coming out of his shop. He may not be aware!
Lucky you caught those loose bolts before engaging 4wd. If i've learned anything from this experience, it'll be to thoroughly check over any work done to my truck, every time.

I agree, Stuff Happens Sometimes so i don't mind maybe one or two minor things slipping by or what not but i think with everything i mentioned, that's excessive and needs to be brought to Chase's attention. Since he's not doing the work himself, i doubt he's even aware of what quality is coming out of his shop. I'll be speaking with him this week to let him know and i'll go from there.
Old 03-03-2013, 07:55 AM   #226
DueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloweburn View Post
My belt was screaming at me 2 weeks ago. I thought it was the water pump or pretensioner. Dealer said it was likely the belt, but would take them a week to look at it. I lasted a day and bought one at Napa. Stopped the noise.

As for the work at ECGS. I can overlook 1 or 2 minor things, but 4 things and 2 of them potentially major catastrophes... completely unacceptable.
How much did you pay for your new belt at Napa? Mine was $75 from the dealer... My old one only squealed when i would first start the truck then went away after warming up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmxracer View Post
Hey bud do you live in VA now?? I swear I saw you truck, identical and all. Impressive ride
haha thanks dude! Still live in Ontario but i've been down to VA now each summer for the past two years so maybe that's when you saw me?
I think i may come south of the border again this summer to wheel with you guys at Rausch Creek sometime... (just need a few extra spare parts just in case )
Old 03-03-2013, 10:06 AM   #227
the risk is worth the reward
mattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: matt
mattmxracer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
How much did you pay for your new belt at Napa? Mine was $75 from the dealer... My old one only squealed when i would first start the truck then went away after warming up.

haha thanks dude! Still live in Ontario but i've been down to VA now each summer for the past two years so maybe that's when you saw me?
I think i may come south of the border again this summer to wheel with you guys at Rausch Creek sometime... (just need a few extra spare parts just in case )
There was a chick driving the truck that looked like yours and she works at the hospital here in harrisonburg va and she said it was her husbands truck so maybe its not yours, I swear though its the same damn truck. I gotta see if I can get pics from my phone uploaded on here
Old 03-03-2013, 10:22 PM   #228
Sloweburn is on a distinguished road

Name: Steve
Sloweburn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It was $81 with tax. Dealer didn't have one in stock and I wasn't waiting another second
Old 03-04-2013, 04:46 AM   #229

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloweburn View Post
It was $81 with tax. Dealer didn't have one in stock and I wasn't waiting another second
I don't blame you. I was actually pretty impressed with my belt (other than the obvious). No other noticable cracks or wear after 82 000 kms.
Old 03-04-2013, 01:55 PM   #231
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
What is the black dot slightly to the right and below your fog lights? I noticed it on MrGrimms as well? its only on the passenger side?

Old 03-05-2013, 05:08 AM   #233
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
It appears to be a hole
No way!?
Old 03-05-2013, 06:59 AM   #234

LOL Yea its a hole, but for what? I have no idea. Don't think its for drainage tho since the hole is a little high but ya never know.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:01 AM   #235

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimwood Shady View Post
Any update on ECGS?
I've been sick these past couple of days but i finally wrote Chase @ ECGS an email this morning. I'll let you guys know what he says as soon as i hear back from him.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:41 AM   #236

Alright guys, sorry for the slow update....

Chase called me about 6 hours after receiving my email. He was very apologetic and really disappointed (and concerned) about the lack of quality workmanship. He was also very concerned about the diff bolts being loose and especially over the broken vent tube on the actuator.

All in all, everything has been sorted out and i truly believe this stuff won't be happening anymore for anyone else. I know Chase eats and breathes this business and his customer service is definitely top notch so it's hard not to recommend his shop to anyone else. Like everything tho, just be sure to double check and go over all work that was done. Just to be sure.
Old 03-10-2013, 11:35 AM   #238
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: National Guard: Infantry/ROTC Cadet
Name: Cam
ChamYota's Tacoma Gallery

Just looked at the build, again.. lol I really like this truck man!

What else is there to do to this thing? lol
Old 03-10-2013, 11:49 AM   #239

Diesel swap!
Old 03-10-2013, 08:45 PM   #240

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChamYota View Post

Just looked at the build, again.. lol I really like this truck man!

What else is there to do to this thing? lol
lol Thanks man! Ummmm 35's are sooo calling my name. I feel such a need to cut something on this truck for some reason.

Small stuff tho? I really just wanna do a U-bolt flip kit, some lighting and some synthetic winch line and hawse fairlead for the new bumper. Oh and a speaker upgrade one day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Coma View Post
Diesel swap!
In my dreams!