Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

DueNorth's Build

Old 04-14-2013, 04:55 PM   #301
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gylar View Post
I was just looking at Real beadlocks... A little to pricey.

I was talking with JLink about rims and 35's earlier and he thinks 4" of BS would work great for our trucks. All the rims i'm looking at are 4.5" of BS tho so i dunno...
I was just talking to him yesterday about running them lol. And yeah I really wanna know before I buy so I don't have to buy spacers. And yeah real beadlocks would be cool but the price and finding DOT certified ones isn't the easiest
Old 04-14-2013, 04:55 PM   #302
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Dirty 5s. Fitting them in gonna be a pain. Look forward to it. Gonna go with Dirty 4s myself. Save the tubbing.
Old 04-14-2013, 05:05 PM   #303
DueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
DueNorth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Coma View Post
I was just talking to him yesterday about running them lol. And yeah I really wanna know before I buy so I don't have to buy spacers. And yeah real beadlocks would be cool but the price and finding DOT certified ones isn't the easiest
Hutchinson makes a DOT certified beadlock...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
Dirty 5s. Fitting them in gonna be a pain. Look forward to it. Gonna go with Dirty 4s myself. Save the tubbing.
Got a link for the Dirty 4's? The less tubbing i have to do the better. You plan on going 35's soon? Are you going to hack 3" off the fender and flairs as well?
Old 04-14-2013, 05:26 PM   #304
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Got a link for the Dirty 4's? The less tubbing i have to do the better. You plan on going 35's soon? Are you going to hack 3" off the fender and flairs as well?
There are a few companies out there that make them. I'm going to go with the BFG KM2 because I already know the tire well. Also, they make a 285/75/17 (yes, you read that correctly), which is an inch taller than the 33 everyone runs but no wider. Should make clearancing easier.

35s are not in my immediate future at this juncture. The $ simply aren't there right now to do it the way I would want to do it.

I would never deal with this flare hacking stuff. The closest would be removing the flairs and having the mounting holes professionally repaired and repainted by a body shop. Custom flares a la All On Black or Relentless Taco would be preferred.

But then of course there's the matter of tubbing the fenderwells and body mount cutting/reconstruction.

So 34s first. Then I'll see where I am.
Old 04-14-2013, 05:26 PM   #305
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Hutchinson makes a DOT certified beadlock...

Yup MrGrimm runs them. Dont know how I feel tho.

And Yeah what are these Dirty 5s?
Old 04-14-2013, 05:32 PM   #306
tacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
tacoma16's Tacoma Gallery
Man the M&G looked fun, wish I could have gone. Cant wait to see the 35's. Possibly in time for the Ardbeg run?
Old 04-14-2013, 05:54 PM   #307
NORTHERN RED-NECK
udy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
udy2554's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yea that kobalt lock box is perfect to protect your stuff with. I really want to put one in my box as well but i just can't sacrifice the space since my two dogs are back there most of the time. To help get more space tho, i'm going to remove the plastic molding behind the rear seats. That should help a little bit.

For your rear bumper, are getting a jerry can holder fabbed with it as well?
As far as the Jerrycan holder goes, yes. Also, a hi-lift mount and light buckets.

Here we go with that patience thing. I'm eager shall I say!
Old 04-15-2013, 08:10 AM   #308

So I looked it up on here a couple times. Found a kid running 16x8 4.5 bs and 0 offset. No spacers
Old 04-15-2013, 12:11 PM   #309
McBuckets
RockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Noah
RockyMtnTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Nice man. Excited to see them on there. Are you doing the fender hacking method like Mr Grimm?
Old 04-19-2013, 08:33 AM   #310
DueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
There are a few companies out there that make them. I'm going to go with the BFG KM2 because I already know the tire well. Also, they make a 285/75/17 (yes, you read that correctly), which is an inch taller than the 33 everyone runs but no wider. Should make clearancing easier.

35s are not in my immediate future at this juncture. The $ simply aren't there right now to do it the way I would want to do it.

I would never deal with this flare hacking stuff. The closest would be removing the flairs and having the mounting holes professionally repaired and repainted by a body shop. Custom flares a la All On Black or Relentless Taco would be preferred.

But then of course there's the matter of tubbing the fenderwells and body mount cutting/reconstruction.

So 34s first. Then I'll see where I am.
I really enjoyed wheelin with my 33" KM2's last year as well. Worked very well. Like you, i was strongly considering going with a 285/75/17 KM2 as well. Just a lot less issues to deal with as a whole.

If i hadn't picked these 35" MTR's up for such a steal i probably would still be considering the 34" Km2's. I'm still undecided what to do with the flairs. Since my truck is black, i may just leave them off for the first while, hopefully the holes won't be so noticeable. I bet having a body shop professionally patch them and paint afterwards would be fairly costly tho...

The tubbing is my biggest concern and i think i'll have to chop more off my body mount as well.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:41 AM   #311

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoma16 View Post
Man the M&G looked fun, wish I could have gone. Cant wait to see the 35's. Possibly in time for the Ardbeg run?
Hopefully but no promises. I've almost got my wheel choice narrowed down and i still got lots of cutting and work to do before hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by udy2554 View Post
As far as the Jerrycan holder goes, yes. Also, a hi-lift mount and light buckets.

Here we go with that patience thing. I'm eager shall I say!
Yep, i'm a lil jealous (ok a lot!) hind sight being 20/20 i kinda wish i had a jerry can/hi lift holder incorporated in as well. It would be nice to keep that stuff out of the bed while wheelin/camping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Coma View Post
Yup MrGrimm runs them. Dont know how I feel tho.

And Yeah what are these Dirty 5s?
Bet those Beadlocks are heavy as hell tho. That's a lot of added unsprung weight. I think i'm just going to stick with alloys, although airing down to 5lbs is such a nice option with beadlocks, the added price however, is not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMtnTRD View Post
Nice man. Excited to see them on there. Are you doing the fender hacking method like Mr Grimm?
Thanks dude! I love Grimms fenders/flairs and ideally would like to have something just like that but i may just leave the flairs off for now. We'll see how it goes...
Old 04-19-2013, 08:47 AM   #312

I'm considering method double standards but with lower than price I'd pay for 33s (255/85/16 and 16" rims) I could get 34s (285/75/17)
Old 04-19-2013, 08:50 AM   #313

Oh just get the 34's then

I priced out Procomps 7089's (16's) for around $150/wheel at a local parts store. Thats not to bad. But i would really like something different so i just spoke to a retailer out of Calgary about some Konig Countersteer offroads in matte black. I really like the look of them and they are pretty light as well. Just waiting to hear back what pricing and shipping is going to be like...
Old 04-19-2013, 08:54 AM   #314

Yeah I gotcha. 34s won't be for a while.. I mean I just bought my 265/70s. But yeah 5 method double standards and 5 tires was $2000 approx. 5 34s was $1550 and save about $100 on shipping
Old 04-19-2013, 08:59 AM   #315

I'm kinda surprised the 34's were cheaper....
Old 04-19-2013, 09:03 AM   #316

Should say $1700 not $1550. And $1700 is just for tires lol the $2000 is for rims and tires. And looking at it I wouldn't really save that much with 16" wheels. The cost only averaged about $150 less when looking at similar sizes but I'd still have to buy 5 new rims
Old 04-19-2013, 09:18 AM   #317

Ok, i was wondering if that included wheels. lol Hey, $150- $200 in savings is still good enough for me! Plus i like the look of more rubber and less wheel anyways.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:56 AM   #318

Quote:
Ok, i was wondering if that included wheels. lol Hey, $150- $200 in savings is still good enough for me! Plus i like the look of more rubber and less wheel anyways.
$150 in savings for tires $700+ in expenses for new rims.. lol
Old 04-19-2013, 10:03 AM   #319

Bah! I'll run two sets of tires. I need a dedicated winter tire for around here anyways so ill need new wheels nonetheless. I just bought my duratracs last year so I plan on swapping out the tires for longer road trips, winter time, etc. All this should help save wear and tear on the truck as well.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:22 AM   #320

Yeah I just can't afford to have to sets and I have no where to store them lol