Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

DueNorth's Build

Old 05-26-2013, 08:01 PM   #361
the risk is worth the reward
mattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: matt
mattmxracer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gylar View Post
Damn man! Sorry to hear you almost drilled through your hand! :-o

Did you end up taking the bumper off to mount them?
I didnt have to i put them through the holes in the center piece and worked my magic, it wasnt easy to put a nut on a bolt with one hand but I did it and I was realy pleased with the results
Old 05-26-2013, 08:04 PM   #362
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
Name: Andy
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
Just seeing this build for the first time. Impressed.
Old 05-26-2013, 08:07 PM   #363
DueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
DueNorth's Tacoma Gallery
Nicely done then. Surprised you got them mounted with one hand lol

May as well show off your truck with a pic!
Old 05-26-2013, 08:07 PM   #364
Canadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kim
Canadian Girl's Tacoma Gallery
you got another pup???
Old 05-26-2013, 08:08 PM   #365
the risk is worth the reward
mattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: matt
mattmxracer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Nicely done then. Surprised you got them mounted with one hand lol

May as well show off your truck with a pic!

I will get them posted on my thread sometime this week
Old 05-26-2013, 08:08 PM   #366
DueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzogSS View Post
Just seeing this build for the first time. Impressed.
Thank you sir. Still got more left to do but that's all part of the fun.
Old 05-26-2013, 08:15 PM   #367

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Girl View Post
you got another pup???
It's my gf's dog. Always wanted a black lab anyways so that worked out haha
Old 05-26-2013, 08:19 PM   #368

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmxracer View Post
I will get them posted on my thread sometime this week
Lookin forward to seeing the pics then. Only thing i noticed was the way the fog lights are bolted down causes the lights to be slightly angled up. I've been flashed a couple times by truck drivers passing them on the highway at night...
Old 05-26-2013, 08:47 PM   #369
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Old 05-26-2013, 08:52 PM   #370
Interweb wheeler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yea man I definitely plan on making it to RC!

You're planning on going as well right?
Definitely! Start my new job in a couple weeks which means more money for my sliders and skids!
Old 05-26-2013, 11:21 PM   #371
Canadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shedCanadian Girl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kim
Canadian Girl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It's my gf's dog. Always wanted a black lab anyways so that worked out haha

awesome...
Old 05-27-2013, 12:02 AM   #372
Just a Taco guy, both food & truck
TheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Christopher
TheRedTac0's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Offroading pictures!

I'm guessing this was taken in the midst of summer, seeing how you live in Canada just messin' with ya sweet ride
Old 05-27-2013, 08:11 PM   #373

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC10TRDSPORT View Post
Definitely! Start my new job in a couple weeks which means more money for my sliders and skids!
Will you have armor on in time for RC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedTac0 View Post
I'm guessing this was taken in the midst of summer, seeing how you live in Canada just messin' with ya sweet ride
Yea snow wheelin is fun too, you should try it sometime. lol
Thanks for the compliment.
Old 05-27-2013, 08:17 PM   #374

Got some work done on the truck today.. Need a bigger hammer to push the firewall in more.

Cut lines are drawn up and ready for tomorrow.

Figured I'd leave some tabs to mount some sort of inner fender liner...

Got the pinch weld taken care of on the DS (for now) but still need to cut the cab mount further back...

Old 05-27-2013, 09:45 PM   #375
sly is on a distinguished road
sly's Tacoma Gallery
Sub
Old 05-28-2013, 12:37 AM   #376
CalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shedCalgaryRider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shayne
CalgaryRider's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, why haven't I found this build before now!! Truck looks great and good to hear about some of your experiences with ECGS, sucks that you had a bad experience though.

If your locked and on 35's Moab will be a walk in the park for you, I did it this year open and on 33's and there was only 1 day that really kicked my ass (Cliffhanger).

Do you have any other pics of the relocated exhaust cross over? I will be doing that very soon so that I can modify my All-Pro skid to remove the plating (ie rock catcher) around the exhaust and go flat. Have you had any issues hitting the drive shaft on the exhaust?

Also with the snorkel, I haven't had an issue with snow in the intake, but if you wanted to cover it up K&N makes a cone pre-cleaner that would fit over the snorkel head. I know that I have one kicking around from a previous car, which I might throw in the truck just in case. Have you had moisture on your filter?
Old 05-28-2013, 07:57 AM   #377

Just a quick break from clearancing the DS can mount. Both front fenders are ready to be cut so taking a deep breath before I do. lol

Oh and a 4lb sledge makes a huge difference.

Old 05-28-2013, 09:52 AM   #378

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryRider View Post
Wow, why haven't I found this build before now!! Truck looks great and good to hear about some of your experiences with ECGS, sucks that you had a bad experience though.

If your locked and on 35's Moab will be a walk in the park for you, I did it this year open and on 33's and there was only 1 day that really kicked my ass (Cliffhanger).

Do you have any other pics of the relocated exhaust cross over? I will be doing that very soon so that I can modify my All-Pro skid to remove the plating (ie rock catcher) around the exhaust and go flat. Have you had any issues hitting the drive shaft on the exhaust?

Also with the snorkel, I haven't had an issue with snow in the intake, but if you wanted to cover it up K&N makes a cone pre-cleaner that would fit over the snorkel head. I know that I have one kicking around from a previous car, which I might throw in the truck just in case. Have you had moisture on your filter?
Thanks for the compliment man. It's unfortunate I couldn't make it to Moab this year. But on the bright side I got 35's. . Next year I'm going guaranteed. No more messing around lol. Cliff hanger looks like such a fun trail, but most of them do really.

Ill see if I can find a couple more pics of my relocated exhaust for you. Great idea making the skids completely flat. I find myself getting high centered there the most so I couldn't imagine how bad it would be if I had my exhaust hanging that low. Never had the exhaust hit the driveshaft tho.

Good idea with the k&n prefilter. I thought about using that as well but for normal winter day to day driving I just keep the snorkel head turned around backwards, no issues so far with that. And haven't felt any moisture on the filter yet either. My issue is when I'm parked for long hours outside and the snow manages to drift into the intake opening. So usually I put a bag over it.

I've already talked to my step mom and she's going to make me a neoprene cover with elastic around the outside just to slip over the opening... That should do the trick.

You got a grea rig yourself dude, ill have to read your build later on tonight after I'm done my project today.

Driver side is done, ill snap better pics after I cut the passenger side.

No more breaks, Now back to work!
Old 05-28-2013, 04:06 PM   #380

Front end is done! Also painted the inner fender area and firewall with rubberized rocker guard. Tomorrow hopefully I can finish the rear.