LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

DueNorth's Build

Old 12-31-2012, 11:43 AM   #42
DueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
DueNorth's Tacoma Gallery
Like wise John. Just read your build as well, nicely done sir.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:54 AM   #43
NORTHERN RED-NECK
udy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
udy2554's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gylar View Post
Like wise John. Just read your build as well, nicely done sir.
Appreciate the thoughts! Have a great NEW YEAR!
Old 12-31-2012, 08:23 PM   #44
McBuckets
RockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Noah
RockyMtnTRD's Tacoma Gallery
What are you planning on doing besides cab mount chop and regear to get ready for 35's? You going to clearance the fenders somehow?
Old 12-31-2012, 10:53 PM   #45
Sloweburn is on a distinguished road

Name: Steve
Sloweburn's Tacoma Gallery

I could barely look at the bed side cuts for the rear bumper and fender cut for the snork

That still scares the crap out of me! I hate cutting into virgin metal...
Old 01-01-2013, 08:16 AM   #46
TWINSIES!
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
One of my favorite trucks on TW. Great build mike!
Old 01-01-2013, 08:26 AM   #47
AK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AK27's Tacoma Gallery
Looks awesome mike!
Old 01-01-2013, 08:52 AM   #48
DueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMtnTRD View Post
What are you planning on doing besides cab mount chop and regear to get ready for 35's? You going to clearance the fenders somehow?
I still need to pound the pinch welds flat and i'm willing to bet i'll need to take more off the cab mount as well. I plan on cutting 2.5" out of the fender itself then doing the same with the flares to give it a nice factory look. I really hope i get to it this year but with tentative plans on a trip going to Moab, i may have to put bigger tires on hold for bit....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloweburn View Post

I could barely look at the bed side cuts for the rear bumper and fender cut for the snork
haha, the first cut is always the hardest! Weren't you there when i drilled that massive hole into my fender? Mod day at 4xFinns?
Old 01-01-2013, 08:54 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulletToothTony View Post
One of my favorite trucks on TW. Great build mike!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK27 View Post
Looks awesome mike!

Thank you for the kind words guys....
Old 01-01-2013, 09:06 AM   #50

Well before i get back to my build, i'd like to share a couple sig pics my friend has made for me over the past couple of years and also a couple t-shirt designs we thought about doing/offering to club members. Never went through with it though...(couple years ago)

and here's the tshirt ideas..

Old 01-01-2013, 09:31 AM   #51

Well time for a rear lift! By this time i had figured OME Dakar leaf springs would suit my needs a little more than a custom Alcan leaf pack. So i went with the Dakars and OME N182 shocks. Sorry no pictures of the parts outta the box but i'm sure we all know what they look like. Now would be a good time to chop the cab mount as well.

and heres a few pics with the Dakars and N182 shocks installed. Finally my truck is fully lifted!

and here's the best close up shot of the suspension i could get...

here's me camping at Tobermory shortly after the lift being installed.

Old 01-01-2013, 09:56 AM   #52
AK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AK27's Tacoma Gallery
Old 01-01-2013, 10:01 AM   #53

After a few wheelin trips and getting a high centered a couple good times, my skids weren't looking so straight anymore... I wonder why?

In the second picture above, I literally bounced my truck off that rock trying to make it up i cracked the weld on the cross member holding my t-case skid.

Instead of just straightening them and bashing it in all over again next year i thought i would be a great opportunity to learn how to weld and decided reinforcing my skid plates and cross member would be my best bet as a more permanent fix.

Here's how my buddy and i were trying to straighten these skids out....

I bought some scrap 1/4" x 2" steel, cut it and we tacked everything down...

and the finished product!

Old 01-01-2013, 10:24 AM   #54

Guess i need more clearance than those 265's are giving....

so I managed to find a set of used 285/70/17's with 80% tread life left for $700. Sweet!

Old 01-01-2013, 10:31 AM   #55

Around this time, I replaced my factory seats due to the fabric wearing prematurely. Wet Okole was offering a GB here so why not get in on it.

Got a Boztec rear diff skid in a GB as well.

Old 01-01-2013, 10:39 AM   #56

Since winter was coming again and i was sick of having the dogs in the cab with me it was time for a topper. If you haven't guess yet, my dogs go everywhere with me so protection for them was at the top of my list.

After looking for months for a used topper and coming up empty handed, it was time to order new.

I decided on a Leer 100XR with all options including, Power locks, carpet lined roof, two interior lights, 3way powerblock, 50/50 sliding windows and a Thule roof rack...

and a dirty shot

Old 01-01-2013, 11:00 AM   #57

Installed an illuminated panel for my 4x4 switch.

Installed a new bracket to raise my rearview mirror up. Made by ImMrYo. Such a great mod for anyone who is tall.

Old 01-01-2013, 11:26 AM   #59

I found a really good deal on a new Warn M8000 winch. This was definitely needed as i've been stuck a few times and using the hilift as a winch was a PITA. This has definitely been a great addition to the truck and has been used numerous times since.

This required a bit of modification as i wanted to have the solenoid box mounted in the engine bay which needed a custom bracket to hold it. Also my buddy figured upgrading the wiring would a good idea also. I'm pretty sure we went with 0 AUG.

I managed to straighten that kink out a bit and split loomed everything afterwards.

Figures my buddy Wayside would be the first guy i yank out with it.

I also removed the swaybar to help give better articulation offroad

Old 01-01-2013, 11:28 AM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonkaToyTaco View Post
Nice truck man. Real nice
Thanks Louie!

Products Discussed in this Thread