Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

DueNorth's Build

Old 01-29-2014, 07:26 AM   #641
DueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
DueNorth's Tacoma Gallery
Toyota does the same thing. I couldn't buy a brand new Tacoma TRD Offroad in a dbl cab/short box 6 speed combination which was offered in the US but not in Canada.
Old 02-06-2014, 11:45 AM   #642
Wannabe crawler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Green, but only 162 miles $7500! http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/mcy/4282732727.html
Old 02-14-2014, 09:41 PM   #643
Sloweburn is on a distinguished road

Name: Steve
Sloweburn's Tacoma Gallery
Mike, where you been? You should have come on the Bancroft run - complete sh!t show. It took a day and a half to get in and back just 3kms. 1 km in reverse, in the dark... took 5 hours for that (4 rigs). What a blast! Winter camping and all!

You going on Mark's run Sunday? If not, come ice fishing with Jason and I in Guelph!
Old 02-16-2014, 06:31 AM   #644
DueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC10TRDSPORT View Post
Awesome deal! Unfortunately I'm stuck waiting another couple months yet till the house sells and i got a new place to actually store it. Have you been playing in the snow lately? Get new tires yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloweburn View Post
Mike, where you been? You should have come on the Bancroft run - complete sh!t show. It took a day and a half to get in and back just 3kms. 1 km in reverse, in the dark... took 5 hours for that (4 rigs). What a blast! Winter camping and all!

You going on Mark's run Sunday? If not, come ice fishing with Jason and I in Guelph!
Hey Steve, too bad I missed out on the Bancroft run. It sounded like a lot of fun but almost too much work for me. I heard from Mark just how much shovelling you all did! Can't believe more ppl didn't have winches, that may of helped some. Unfortunately, Mark changed the original date of that run to the weekend of my gf's b-day and we already had plans to visit Bayfield, so that meant a no go for me.

As for the run today, I had already told Mark I was gonna wheel with him, but damn ice fishing sounds like a lot of fun too. Not to often I get to bomb around in a field 10 mins from home tho. Hope you Jason catch lots of fish! Mmmmm some nice perch would be very tasty.
Old 02-16-2014, 06:41 AM   #645

Had some custom flares made up...

Old 02-16-2014, 06:44 AM   #646

And bday present came in too.

21" led lightbar from okledlightbars.com. Awesome customer service and I would highly recommend to anyone.
Old 02-16-2014, 06:50 AM   #648

It'll look even better once its installed. Wiring harness is pretty big, wonder how the hell I'm gonna get it thru the firewall this time. lol
Old 02-16-2014, 07:14 AM   #649
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Old 02-16-2014, 07:29 AM   #650
PantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Luke
PantherTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Coma View Post
I like the way you think

We want bumper pics!
Old 02-16-2014, 11:53 AM   #651
JackTRD is on a distinguished road
Name: Jack
JackTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Mike harness for lights I had to cut it than once in reconnect it. Other wise you want to make big gap in firewall. Or see if you could disconnect switch.
This light will be bright. Looking sweet.
Old 02-17-2014, 03:26 AM   #652

Bumper pics to come soon enough . But for now you'll have to settle for pics of the old one.

A couple pics from yesterday's snow blind run. Lots of videos taken unfortunately I got my sony camcorder wet and it's toast. Gotta see if I can get a sd card adapter.

Old 02-17-2014, 07:05 AM   #653
Bogg is on a distinguished road
Bogg's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Bogg
Hey Mike...how's things? Truck is looking good. We had talked before and you said you had some water coming into your cab. This past long weekend did some snow wheeling and I noticed water entering my cab. What did you use to seal it? I noticed a grommet just above the cab mount. Believe it's one of the plugs used to hold the wheel well liner in. Think maybe that's where the water may be coming in from?
Old 02-17-2014, 07:57 AM   #654
Wannabe crawler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DueNorth View Post
Awesome deal! Unfortunately I'm stuck waiting another couple months yet till the house sells and i got a new place to actually store it. Have you been playing in the snow lately? Get new tires yet?
Understand ya there man. Been playing a bunch lately! Mud Lites are impressing me in deep snow! I keep trying to climb banks though
I had only spun down through the first layer here:

There was about 8" under that!

And Thursday just played in the yard:

Thankfully my brother was home and could help pull me off a couple high centers where we had plowed lol
Old 02-18-2014, 05:10 PM   #655

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogg View Post
Hey Mike...how's things? Truck is looking good. We had talked before and you said you had some water coming into your cab. This past long weekend did some snow wheeling and I noticed water entering my cab. What did you use to seal it? I noticed a grommet just above the cab mount. Believe it's one of the plugs used to hold the wheel well liner in. Think maybe that's where the water may be coming in from?
Hey Ben, doing great and you? Its quite possible that water may be leaking through that grommet but I'm pretty sure I didn't have that problem. Although the grommet was smashed to pieces in the process it still covered the hole. It's very possible you may have actually split the pinch weld. It's difficult to notice from the outside but as soon as you peel the carpet back and look along the seam you'll probably see some daylight. I had split both pinch welds after the beating was all said and done. To fix this, I plastered on a exterior Thermoplastic Sealant that's capable of stretching up to 1400% without breaking and is paintable after it cures. I covered the outside of the firewall all along the pinch weld and grommet and then went inside and smeared as much sealant as I could on the pinch weld as well. Then I took a piece of wax paper to completely cover the sealant and then put the carpet back in place. I did this for both pinch welds and I haven't had an issue since. Peel back your carpet and let me know what you find! I can post some pics of what I did if you would like? Did ya get the new 35's? Post some pics bro!

Quote:
Understand ya there man. Been playing a bunch lately! Mud Lites are impressing me in deep snow! I keep trying to climb banks though
I had only spun down through the first layer here:

There was about 8" under that!

And Thursday just played in the yard:

Thankfully my brother was home and could help pull me off a couple high centers where we had plowed lol
Aw man that looks like so much fun! How deep have you gone with the Grizz? I bet it climbs like a billy goat! Tried the heated seat yet? lol
Old 02-18-2014, 05:14 PM   #656

As stated earlier, my Sony handycam is now a paper weight. I guess they are really sensitive to snow. Who would have thought eh? At least I was able to pull all the videos off the sd card tho. Should have some cool videos to share soon, but for now heres a few pics.

EDIT. After all the fun we had (and recoveries) I have sworn off from using a tow strap for recovery. Since the shipping for the group buy for Bubba Ropes was too much $$ I decided to spring for an ARB snatch strap. This should make recoveries much more easier on the equipment and in general.
Old 02-18-2014, 05:16 PM   #657
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
NEW BUMPER PICS RIGHT MEOW!
Old 02-18-2014, 05:18 PM   #658
Wannabe crawler

Quote:
Aw man that looks like so much fun! How deep have you gone with the Grizz? I bet it climbs like a billy goat! Tried the heated seat yet? lol
In snow, about 24". In water, 30"! Gets scary that deep! It climbs really great! I am very impressed with the Mud Lites though in deep stuff as they clear themselves really well. Reverse still isn't great though. And I realized I need to do a shim to my clutch. When in high gear and stopped, trying to slowly ease into the throttle causes the clutch to slip a little. Need to build a little more low end. I'm going to email Yamaha directly with a thought of mine. Having the auto like they do with a push button hi-lo selector as well. So you have essentially 4 forward and 2 reverse gears. "Hi-Hi" "Hi-Lo" "Low-Hi" and "Low-Low" as well as having Hi and Low reverse. Hi hi and low hi are equal to what they are now and and the low variations are reduced gearing. Just a thought I had.
Old 02-18-2014, 05:34 PM   #659

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Coma View Post
NEW BUMPER PICS RIGHT MEOW!
Soon bro soon! All I need is some POR15 and hawse fairlead with synthetic winch line and I'm all set! Shouldn't be more than a few weeks now. Trust me I want it on too.

Quote:
In snow, about 24". In water, 30"! Gets scary that deep! It climbs really great! I am very impressed with the Mud Lites though in deep stuff as they clear themselves really well. Reverse still isn't great though. And I realized I need to do a shim to my clutch. When in high gear and stopped, trying to slowly ease into the throttle causes the clutch to slip a little. Need to build a little more low end. I'm going to email Yamaha directly with a thought of mine. Having the auto like they do with a push button hi-lo selector as well. So you have essentially 4 forward and 2 reverse gears. "Hi-Hi" "Hi-Lo" "Low-Hi" and "Low-Low" as well as having Hi and Low reverse. Hi hi and low hi are equal to what they are now and and the low variations are reduced gearing. Just a thought I had.
Dang! Going through 2 feet of snow and almost 3' of water is definitely impressive. Its really good to hear the mud lites are doing really well since I've read a lot where ppl just don't like them much. Maybe its because they aren't very good when In reverse. If you are planning on changing the shim are you going to change the spring as well? How much shim were you going to add? What colour spring were you thinking? Were you wheelin in the snow in 4hi? or were you in low, just curious... You'll definitely get your low end grunt and more mid range adding shims and changing springs. Still trying to wrap my head around the hi hi low low hi hi hi lol Its probably a little too late at night so I confuse easily.
Old 02-18-2014, 05:45 PM   #660
Wannabe crawler

Quote:
Dang! Going through 2 feet of snow and almost 3' of water is definitely impressive. Its really good to hear the mud lites are doing really well since I've read a lot where ppl just don't like them much. Maybe its because they aren't very good when In reverse. If you are planning on changing the shim are you going to change the spring as well? How much shim were you going to add? What colour spring were you thinking? Were you wheelin in the snow in 4hi? or were you in low, just curious... You'll definitely get your low end grunt and more mid range adding shims and changing springs. Still trying to wrap my head around the hi hi low low hi hi hi lol Its probably a little too late at night so I confuse easily.
Lol basically a 4spd trans is what I want on it haha! Even if it had a medium I'd be happy. I need to read up some on springs and such. I don't know much. At most I'd do a 1mm shim. Don't need much help, just some. For the most part I did it in low, just didn't put it into low after going in reverse at 1 point.