Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

DueNorth's Build

Old 02-21-2014, 03:04 AM   #661
DueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
DueNorth's Tacoma Gallery
Peter, it was a great time and too bad you didn't make it out. Unfortunately 4xFinn posted the snow run with only a few days notice so not many ppl came out. I think he plans on setting up another run soon, unless all this rain we are getting melts the snow.

I bought the strap from an offroad shop called Addicted offroad in London. I'll never use those ericsson Princess Auto straps for recovery again. Good as a winch line extension, but not good for snatching. Makes a huge difference for yanking a stuck vehicle.
Old 02-21-2014, 08:45 AM   #662
tacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
tacoma16's Tacoma Gallery
I'll have to keep my eye out for the next run. Been wanting to go bomb through some snow for a while, but not by myself. At a family memebers farm I got stuck in a 4 ft drift by myself so no more of that without some buddies.

I have heard of that shop as I was looking for some stuff on kijiji. If I'm ever at school and need a strap, its definitely closer than the shops in Mississauga and Burlington haha. Thanks
Old 02-21-2014, 09:38 AM   #663
Interweb wheeler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DueNorth View Post
oooo look what my buddy is trying to get me into lol

http://www.fasttrackperformance.ca/m...v=3602730&ps=1
Eh, I don't care for Arctic Cat. I think mostly because there's no dealer within 75 miles of home so no one here has one and have 2 Yamaha dealers with 20.
Old 02-21-2014, 05:29 PM   #664
DueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoma16 View Post
I'll have to keep my eye out for the next run. Been wanting to go bomb through some snow for a while, but not by myself. At a family memebers farm I got stuck in a 4 ft drift by myself so no more of that without some buddies.

I have heard of that shop as I was looking for some stuff on kijiji. If I'm ever at school and need a strap, its definitely closer than the shops in Mississauga and Burlington haha. Thanks
Well the next run may be within the next couple of weeks. Just talked to Finn, he's itching to get out again real soon. Much better bombing around in the snow with a buddy tho, beats trying to shovel yourself out every time you get stuck. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get in on that MaxTrax group buy going on. That should help a lot since I hate shovelling if I don't have to especially when snow wheelin by myself. Which usually ends up happening.

One thing about that shop in London, call ahead and order it. They get next day delivery because they don't usually carry ARB products.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC10TRDSPORT View Post
Eh, I don't care for Arctic Cat. I think mostly because there's no dealer within 75 miles of home so no one here has one and have 2 Yamaha dealers with 20.
Yea my problem is the opposite. We got a Yamaha dealer in town and two more within a 30 min drive and also Artic Cat, Kawi and CanAm dealers within that same distance. Makes for lot of choices. I got 2 good buddies that both ride MudPro's and they love em. Especially since they come setup for the mud with bigger tires, snorkel and great GC. I like them but I think the Grizz looks better, is a bit smaller more nimble and probably better for the trail, plus I think its more reliable and dependable imo. I just have a feeling wheelin around home with my buddies is gonna turn into a bunch of mudding and less trail riding. Part of the reason is to ride decent trails, that's all located a few hours north of us. I think going with a Grizz is going to cost me more money down the road (rims, upgraded tires, snorkel, rad relocate, etc) than going with a MudPro, but in the end I think i'll like it more. In the mean time, I'm trying to keep my eye off the XMR 650
Old 02-22-2014, 06:05 AM   #665
tacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Well the next run may be within the next couple of weeks. Just talked to Finn, he's itching to get out again real soon. Much better bombing around in the snow with a buddy tho, beats trying to shovel yourself out every time you get stuck. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get in on that MaxTrax group buy going on. That should help a lot since I hate shovelling if I don't have to especially when snow wheelin by myself. Which usually ends up happening.

One thing about that shop in London, call ahead and order it. They get next day delivery because they don't usually carry ARB products.

g:
Im lookig on SONTT everyday know to make sure I dont miss out haha
I thought about the maxtrax but, I got to see where im at after I install all my stuff. If anything is next on the list, its a winch. Thanks for the heads up on the shop, would hate to drive all that way to just place an order.
Old 02-23-2014, 07:44 AM   #666

Here's the vid from last weekends Snow Blind run.

http://youtu.be/O5lYGwL_Q-g
Old 02-23-2014, 07:55 AM   #667

awsome video Mike, hope to catch the next one.
Old 02-25-2014, 03:58 AM   #668
Interweb wheeler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Here's a little inspiration to go Yamaha:
Old 02-28-2014, 10:31 AM   #669

Quote:
Here's a little inspiration to go Yamaha:
Thanks for the inspiration! Question tho, how much ground clearance do you have with the 26" tires on? Finally made it out too some dealers to see these atv's in person...

2014 Arctic Cat MudPro 700 LTD with power steering, 28" zillas and 14" rims and 3500lb warn winch for $12,600 plus tax.

Heres a 2014 Can Am XMR 650. Power steering, 28" mudzillas, rad relocated, stealth snorkels and vtwin power adding up to 62hp. No winch tho. Dealer wants $10,900 plus tax.

Went to local Yamaha dealer and they didn't have any Grizzly's in stock. They will be in next week to look at. Asked him about price and he said for a 2014 Grizz 700 will be $10,900 plus tax but includes 12 month warranty (everyone else offers 6 month) and he thinks a Warn 3500lb winch is included as well. And of course Grizz comes with stock 25" tires and steel rims.
Old 02-28-2014, 10:38 AM   #670
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
I like the Arctic cat, looks good
Old 02-28-2014, 10:44 AM   #671
Interweb wheeler

I'd say I have ~12" clearance without measuring. It's up there plenty for me! In the end it's up to you but I know my Yamaha will start when I turn the key! I have friends with canned hams and they've had nothing but disappointments. I know one person who had a cat, it was a sxs and it caught fire lol! I think your best bet would be to ask a buddy to borrow his for a day and try all types of riding and see what you like. You may hate mudding and want to trail mostly. You may love mudding. I just wouldn't buy a, to me, overpriced "mud based" machine without knowing it's EXACTLY what you want to do
Old 05-01-2014, 09:34 AM   #672
Interweb wheeler

Get a Grizzly yet?! lol I have my pegs on mine for a passenger. Need to see if I have a pic showing them...
Old 05-01-2014, 09:52 AM   #673

ya lets see 'em Nick! No grizz yet, still haven't sold my house either. In due time tho, i just gotta be patient lol.
Old 05-01-2014, 09:57 AM   #674

Sorry everyone, my build page is all messed up. Been super busy these past couple months and kinda got pissed off with Photobucket and Youtube trying to change my username and whatnot. So I'm starting fresh. New bucket account and Youtube acct as well. Re-editing all my videos so hopefully they'll be a little more fun to watch. Especially the older ones. Should have this build all fixed up in a lil while, but in the meantime...
My rig is going to be getting a very new facelift in the next few weeks
Also working on building inner fender liners from abs plastic. Should have that ordered by tomorrow.

Looking forward to this years wheelin' season. Can't wait to get out on the rocks!

Here's my new youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/my_videos?o=U

and stay tuned for more videos being uploaded daily. Got so much footage to go through and edit more thoroughly.
Old 05-01-2014, 10:34 AM   #675
Interweb wheeler

Quote:
ya lets see 'em Nick! No grizz yet, still haven't sold my house either. In due time tho, i just gotta be patient lol.
Good luck on the house sale! My cousin and his wife were trying to sell their place but never found anything they wanted and pulled theirs off the market.
Old 05-05-2014, 10:07 AM   #676
Interweb wheeler

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/mcd/4434661902.html
Old 05-06-2014, 06:38 PM   #677

Quote:
Good luck on the house sale! My cousin and his wife were trying to sell their place but never found anything they wanted and pulled theirs off the market.
That's the problem we are having as well. Haven't found a suitable home to buy just yet either. Now that spring has hit tho, the housing market should pick up quite a bit so hopefully we'll see something we like soon.

Quote:
That's crazy! Same bike, similar mileage and year goes for $9,000+ easily!
Old 05-06-2014, 06:41 PM   #678
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
That's the problem we are having as well. Haven't found a suitable home to buy just yet either. Now that spring has hit tho, the housing market should pick up quite a bit so hopefully we'll see something we like soon.

That's crazy! Same bike, similar mileage and year goes for $9,000+ easily!
That's not a bike..

Old 05-06-2014, 06:49 PM   #679

You're right, I should know better. Bikes have two wheels lol

Just insert quad, atv, wheeler, or whatever your preference, where bike is.
Old 05-06-2014, 06:51 PM   #680

Lol. How you been Mike?