Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

DueNorth's Build

Old 02-28-2014, 10:31 AM   #681
DueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
DueNorth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC10TRDSPORT View Post
Here's a little inspiration to go Yamaha:
Thanks for the inspiration! Question tho, how much ground clearance do you have with the 26" tires on? Finally made it out too some dealers to see these atv's in person...

2014 Arctic Cat MudPro 700 LTD with power steering, 28" zillas and 14" rims and 3500lb warn winch for $12,600 plus tax.

Heres a 2014 Can Am XMR 650. Power steering, 28" mudzillas, rad relocated, stealth snorkels and vtwin power adding up to 62hp. No winch tho. Dealer wants $10,900 plus tax.

Went to local Yamaha dealer and they didn't have any Grizzly's in stock. They will be in next week to look at. Asked him about price and he said for a 2014 Grizz 700 will be $10,900 plus tax but includes 12 month warranty (everyone else offers 6 month) and he thinks a Warn 3500lb winch is included as well. And of course Grizz comes with stock 25" tires and steel rims.
Old 02-28-2014, 10:38 AM   #682
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
I like the Arctic cat, looks good
Old 02-28-2014, 10:44 AM   #683
Wannabe crawler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
I'd say I have ~12" clearance without measuring. It's up there plenty for me! In the end it's up to you but I know my Yamaha will start when I turn the key! I have friends with canned hams and they've had nothing but disappointments. I know one person who had a cat, it was a sxs and it caught fire lol! I think your best bet would be to ask a buddy to borrow his for a day and try all types of riding and see what you like. You may hate mudding and want to trail mostly. You may love mudding. I just wouldn't buy a, to me, overpriced "mud based" machine without knowing it's EXACTLY what you want to do
Old 05-01-2014, 09:34 AM   #684
Wannabe crawler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Get a Grizzly yet?! lol I have my pegs on mine for a passenger. Need to see if I have a pic showing them...
Old 05-01-2014, 09:52 AM   #685
DueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ya lets see 'em Nick! No grizz yet, still haven't sold my house either. In due time tho, i just gotta be patient lol.
Old 05-01-2014, 09:57 AM   #686

Sorry everyone, my build page is all messed up. Been super busy these past couple months and kinda got pissed off with Photobucket and Youtube trying to change my username and whatnot. So I'm starting fresh. New bucket account and Youtube acct as well. Re-editing all my videos so hopefully they'll be a little more fun to watch. Especially the older ones. Should have this build all fixed up in a lil while, but in the meantime...
My rig is going to be getting a very new facelift in the next few weeks
Also working on building inner fender liners from abs plastic. Should have that ordered by tomorrow.

Looking forward to this years wheelin' season. Can't wait to get out on the rocks!

Here's my new youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/my_videos?o=U

and stay tuned for more videos being uploaded daily. Got so much footage to go through and edit more thoroughly.
Old 05-01-2014, 10:34 AM   #687
Wannabe crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DueNorth View Post
ya lets see 'em Nick! No grizz yet, still haven't sold my house either. In due time tho, i just gotta be patient lol.
Good luck on the house sale! My cousin and his wife were trying to sell their place but never found anything they wanted and pulled theirs off the market.
Old 05-05-2014, 10:07 AM   #688
Wannabe crawler

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/mcd/4434661902.html
Old 05-06-2014, 06:38 PM   #689

Quote:
Good luck on the house sale! My cousin and his wife were trying to sell their place but never found anything they wanted and pulled theirs off the market.
That's the problem we are having as well. Haven't found a suitable home to buy just yet either. Now that spring has hit tho, the housing market should pick up quite a bit so hopefully we'll see something we like soon.

Quote:
That's crazy! Same bike, similar mileage and year goes for $9,000+ easily!
Old 05-06-2014, 06:41 PM   #690
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
That's the problem we are having as well. Haven't found a suitable home to buy just yet either. Now that spring has hit tho, the housing market should pick up quite a bit so hopefully we'll see something we like soon.

That's not a bike..

Old 05-06-2014, 06:49 PM   #691

You're right, I should know better. Bikes have two wheels lol

Just insert quad, atv, wheeler, or whatever your preference, where bike is.
Old 05-06-2014, 06:51 PM   #692

Lol. How you been Mike?
Old 05-06-2014, 06:54 PM   #693
Wannabe crawler

Quote:

I'm sure you'll find something home-wise you like soon! And yeah, when I saw that deal I thought you'd enjoy it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Coma View Post
That's not a bike..
lol
Quote:
You're right, I should know better. Bikes have two wheels lol

Just insert quad, atv, wheeler, or whatever your preference, where bike is.
As I tell my GF and her sister, a quad is the grassy area kids at a college socialize. It's a four-wheeler haha
Old 05-13-2014, 01:31 PM   #695
Wannabe crawler

Question for ya bud: Do you think a 1" body lift would be able to keep you from needing to chop the flares back? I want 35s but don't want to cut the flares at all. I have quite the conundrum on my hands.
Old 05-16-2014, 06:34 AM   #696
ShaneTacoma17 is on a distinguished road
Name: Shane
ShaneTacoma17's Tacoma Gallery
Hey man nice to see some more ontario Tacomas made for wheeling message me would like to know more about yours building mine up and have a few questions about making 35s fit and suspension questions might want to change my kit package in the future.
Old 05-28-2014, 09:09 PM   #697

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Coma View Post
Lol. How you been Mike?
Doing great Corey! How are you? Just noticed you got rid of your truck! I'm surprised to say the least but at least you have good taste in cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogg View Post
Hey Mike. Thanks for posting up pics of the sealant you used. You were right, after pulling carpet back I saw daylight on both sides. Used the sealant on the pinch weld, both inside and out. So far no more water coming onboard. Best of luck selling your house. Thanks for all the help and advice
Hey Ben, hows things!? Glad I could help out dude and doubt you'll have any more issues now that pinch weld is actually sealed again. I know I haven't had any problems since. Actually, I would like to build some inner fender covers front and rear so I no longer have to worry about throwing mud and salt up into the fenders etc anymore. Ever considered the same?

Quote:
Question for ya bud: Do you think a 1" body lift would be able to keep you from needing to chop the flares back? I want 35s but don't want to cut the flares at all. I have quite the conundrum on my hands.
Wait a minute, wut? You want 35s now?! Thought you were trading your truck in last I heard... Hard to say if a BL will help keep you away from the flares... Without having never installed a BL I can't really tell ya if it would work or not. My guess is you'll have to cut them still. Just wondering, why ya worried?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneTacoma17 View Post
Hey man nice to see some more ontario Tacomas made for wheeling message me would like to know more about yours building mine up and have a few questions about making 35s fit and suspension questions might want to change my kit package in the future.
Hey Shane, i'll send you a pm, ask any ?'s you may have... There's lots of ppl here with plenty of knowledge to help you do what you would like to.
Old 05-28-2014, 09:24 PM   #698

Well I was hoping to have some good news to share, but really I should know nothing usually goes as planned. New bumper has been sand blasted and recently painted with POR-15 and last weekend I finally decided to get to mounting it on the truck...
Well things didn't go smoothly for long when I discovered this while trying to exchange the steel winch line with synthetic....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDdOn...yOd27GuSbz3F8A

Any ideas what the problem could be? The winch is 2.5 years old and since I really don't have much experience with them I decided to drop it off at a warn service center. I just got a call a couple days ago from them and to my surprise, Warn is going to repair everything under warranty. The rep was really vague with what the problem is and what exactly is being replaced. He said i'll be able to discuss that with the tech when I come pick it up tomorrow so I'm looking forward to finding out. I'm really impressed Warn is standing behind their product and I doubt i'll ever own anything but a warn now just because of that.

So of course in preparation, today I decided to get my new Warn hawse fairlead mounted and ready and low and behold, the fairlead is just to tall and doesn't fit. It's about 3.5" tall and I really need something shorter. Took a look around and seen Marlin Crawler's anodized aluminum hawse fairlead that's about $20 cheaper than the warn, lighter, and only 2.7" tall. Perfect! Except they are out of stock. Sigh, another road block. This bumper just seems cursed at every step.
Old 05-29-2014, 09:29 AM   #699
Wannabe crawler

Quote:
Wait a minute, wut? You want 35s now?! Thought you were trading your truck in last I heard... Hard to say if a BL will help keep you away from the flares... Without having never installed a BL I can't really tell ya if it would work or not. My guess is you'll have to cut them still. Just wondering, why ya worried?
I'm more indecisive than anyone ever! haha I would like to go 35s but not have to cut the flares because I know the day will come when I get a new truck and want to be able to sell mine with the body being unmodified too much. Since I posted that on your thread I pretty much put the idea to rest. I'll go 33s and be happy enough. That saves me money from buying bigger tires and the body lift and most likely having to cut the flares and fenders.

In the Grizzly world I nearly rolled a couple weeks ago! Going down a hill and had to turn to go around a tree and the left front fell off a drop. Sat teetering on the left rear and right front! Butt-puckered to the max! And I did find that the Grizz will fit in my bed! It squeezes pretty good but does make it! Check my gallery for a pic from my ride sunday with my friend. We saw a hell of a logging operation has taken a bunch of trails out!
Old 05-29-2014, 10:13 AM   #700
PantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Luke
PantherTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm more indecisive than anyone ever! haha I would like to go 35s but not have to cut the flares because I know the day will come when I get a new truck and want to be able to sell mine with the body being unmodified too much. Since I posted that on your thread I pretty much put the idea to rest. I'll go 33s and be happy enough. That saves me money from buying bigger tires and the body lift and most likely having to cut the flares and fenders.

In the Grizzly world I nearly rolled a couple weeks ago! Going down a hill and had to turn to go around a tree and the left front fell off a drop. Sat teetering on the left rear and right front! Butt-puckered to the max! And I did find that the Grizz will fit in my bed! It squeezes pretty good but does make it! Check my gallery for a pic from my ride sunday with my friend. We saw a hell of a logging operation has taken a bunch of trails out!

Don't forget your odometer will get messed up from bigger tires too, even 33's.

Get you some, I want to see it when I get bumpa. On a side note there is a good chance I'll be near you for the week of the 16th of June. How close are you to cook forest?