Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

DueNorth's Build

Old 07-01-2014, 12:55 PM   #701
PantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPantherTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Luke
Location: Home: Lexington, VA Current: Pittsburgh/Chicora, PA
PantherTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DueNorth View Post
If a run comes up at RC this fall, I'm going to try my best to make it! Been dying to run those trails sometime, and SOON!
Southeast guys are planning a trip sometime this fall. can't wait to see this beast
Old 07-01-2014, 01:23 PM   #702
Large "member"
NC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC15TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DueNorth View Post
Damn, what a great deal! I still have about a 2 month wait till I'm in a new house and be buying another toy BUT, I finally made it out to play with my buddies at a local ATV park. My friend had an 07 Yamaha Kodiak 450 lifted 3" via bracket, rad relocated and snorkelled, Rolling on 28" outlaw1's that he let me borrow. This thing was a beast and these guys like to go deep. ( a good indication of what i'll be playing in). Haven't had that much fun in ages dude and I'm definitely hooked. Honeslty tho, I'm really considering the new Can Am XMR800 coming out this fall. I have a feeling i'll be playing in quite a bit of mud, probably more so than trail and after seeing the power of a brute force (and feeling the lack there of with a Kodiak, I know I know, it is only a 450) but the way my buddy was launching is BF, I think i'll like all the power I can get We'll see how it works out tho. Till then, here's some vids of the holes my buddies were playing in and some gopro footage of me playing around. Still waiting to get a hold of the vids my buddy took of me doing water wheelies and going in rack deep swamp but i'll post them within the week.
Fuck that! I hate deep shit. Too messy to clean up! It's fun for a while though and occasionally I like mud. I've decided to snorkel the grizzly! I sucked a little water in the clutch and slipped the belt. My dad pulled me out with his Grizz. Told my buddy next weekend we're tearing the plastics off and laying out some plumbing!
Old 07-01-2014, 06:17 PM   #703
DueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
DueNorth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherTaco View Post
Southeast guys are planning a trip sometime this fall. can't wait to see this beast
Just checked the southeast area thread and didn't see any thing yet, but i'll keep my eye on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC10TRDSPORT View Post
Fuck that! I hate deep shit. Too messy to clean up! It's fun for a while though and occasionally I like mud. I've decided to snorkel the grizzly! I sucked a little water in the clutch and slipped the belt. My dad pulled me out with his Grizz. Told my buddy next weekend we're tearing the plastics off and laying out some plumbing!
haha, I didn't mind the mud at all surprisingly. Probably since I usually avoid it with the truck it was great to finally let loose and get as dirty as possible. Plus we just paid $10 to power wash the atvs right in the park after we were done. Good Idea on the snorkels tho, better to have it and not need it then need it and not have it... Shouldn't be too hard to snorkel the grizz, are you planning on running two 1.5" pipes off the air box? Couldn't believe how well this Kodiak ran, just needed a lot more power, but pretty much made it through everything my buddy and his mudpro (on 30" backs) went thru. Id say for around here, (especially at that atv park) snorkels and a rad relocate are pretty much mandatory if you wanna play in the holes. Lots of trails to run tho, but i'll more than likely end up with two different sets of wheels/tires to make the best of it. One thing I found interesting, my buddies Grizz 660 sitting on 30" Silverbacks kinda struggled in the deeper holes. Didn't water wheelie as much as the Kodiak did, but I think he may need clutch work.
Old 07-04-2014, 03:35 PM   #704
Grakyn is on a distinguished road

Name: Kyle
Grakyn's Tacoma Gallery
Bumper looks awesome. Hope you don't mind, but I'm definitely going to try the same coating. What type of Krylon did you use? This stuff?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Krylon-Ind...Black/17211045
Old 07-05-2014, 08:27 AM   #705
DueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grakyn View Post
Bumper looks awesome. Hope you don't mind, but I'm definitely going to try the same coating. What type of Krylon did you use? This stuff?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Krylon-Ind...Black/17211045
Yup, that's the stuff I used. Lemme know how the Por-15 works out for you over the winter. Stone chips should be a thing of the past, I hope. This stuff dries super hard and is a little $$ but hopefully it does the trick. I'll know after one winter. haha
Old 07-11-2014, 08:33 AM   #706
ShaneTacoma17 is on a distinguished road
Name: Shane
ShaneTacoma17's Tacoma Gallery
Hey man, Let me know what ontario trail your running next would love to meet up with you ask some questions and just wheel. Im down to run concession or something soon if you would want to join for that ardbegs kinds of all leveled out now not as challenging. I would love to do greens mountain but just not enough protection on my truck for that just yet! let me know!
Old 07-11-2014, 11:31 AM   #707

Hey Shane, I'm down for some wheeling anytime now. Haven't been out once this year so I'm definitely due. Really sad to hear ardbeg is all level now. Can't believe they tear up the land just for snowmobilers.

I'd love to try greens mountain, never wheeled there before either. I'll check Sontt and see if anyone has a run planned. If not, we should just pick a wknd and put the word out.
Old 07-11-2014, 11:49 AM   #708

All Pro bumper is for sale. Comes with light hoop. Had it sandblasted and painted it with por15. This will definitely last longer and much more durable than powder coating.

Prefer local sale. $SOLD

Old 07-11-2014, 12:07 PM   #709
Grakyn is on a distinguished road

Name: Kyle
Grakyn's Tacoma Gallery
I have a friend that would likely be interested if you're willing to ship to BC?
Old 07-12-2014, 11:46 AM   #710

Sorry Kyle, at this time i'd like to sell locally if possible. If nothing happens ill let you know and see what we can work out.
Old 07-12-2014, 07:31 PM   #711
ShaneTacoma17 is on a distinguished road
Name: Shane
ShaneTacoma17's Tacoma Gallery
Bumper

Hey due get back to me ASAP, I'm either buying a bumper in the morning or off you was buying a all pro bumper off another guy or yours just wondering if there is a reason your selling it. Sending you a message with my cell number asap
Old 07-14-2014, 05:08 AM   #712

Bumper is SOLD!
Old 07-28-2014, 03:54 PM   #713

So just a heads up, SONTT is having their annual Ardbeg trail run on Aug.9th so if anyone hasn't seen the thread over in that forum, come on out for a great time!

I got the fun job of slapping all my armor back on before the trip, and still need to wire up the led light bar and new fog lights as well. I'll share pics when I'm done this week or next.

Haven't been offroading the truck yet this summer but I did get to play in some mud... got a couple short videos of me messing around from our atv trip last month.

http://youtu.be/LuORu6f28DQ?list=UUi...yOd27GuSbz3F8A

http://youtu.be/He9DGodhsTk?list=UUi...yOd27GuSbz3F8A
Old 07-28-2014, 07:05 PM   #714
Sloweburn is on a distinguished road

Name: Steve
Sloweburn's Tacoma Gallery
I can't believe you got out of that. Looks like fun!
Old 07-29-2014, 12:45 PM   #715
Large "member"
NC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC15TRD's Tacoma Gallery
I saw a Can Am XMR1000 the other day at a poker run. I tell you what, I was impressed! Dude rode into the middle of a shallow mud pond and stood it straight up! Was freaking awesome! I still don't care for Can Am's suspension and brake setup but that thing was a beast! And the exhaust he had was crazy awesome too!
Old 11-19-2014, 10:25 AM   #716
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Mike! Where you been??
Old 11-24-2014, 06:11 PM   #717

Well I'm alive! Lol. Quite busy these past few months with working on the old house and the now new but i'm finally moved in and somewhat settled. Still lots of little projects to do but thats never ending anyways. Taco has been neglected for a little while but not anymore, time to get working on her again, starting with those damn inner fender liners.

I did manage to get out and play a little tho, nothing crazy. I apologize for the build thread being in complete chaos, i'll try and get my pics together and repost a bunch soon.

http://youtu.be/weB-kgqRHzE?list=UUi...yOd27GuSbz3F8A
Old 11-24-2014, 06:12 PM   #718
tacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
tacoma16's Tacoma Gallery
Long time Mike. Happy to hear all is well
Old 11-24-2014, 06:44 PM   #719
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Glad to see you're still around!
Old 12-09-2014, 09:35 AM   #720

Finally got some work done to the truck, taking a little coffee break and then getting back to it. Been meaning to do this for a long time now...

Inner fender liners are a must if you live in Canada or anywhere that sees snow for that matter.

(ya i'm an idiot and didn't leave myself and tabs to mount the thin abs plastic too, so fabbing up some inner and outer aluminum supports)

Just need to mount them using an assortment of rivets and nuts/bolts. Then plan on using christmas tree (tis the season) plastic clips to secure the liner to the supports. This way i can remove them once a year to spray rust proofing oil from Krown. Got the passenger side almost done, 3 more sides left then get em mounted. Better get back out into the shop and get working ha