Notices

DueNorth's Build

Old 01-24-2013, 08:35 AM   #121
Sloweburn is on a distinguished road

Name: Steve
Sloweburn's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Coma View Post
Just test fitting a plate bumper for now but if they wanna give me a deal on a high clearance who am I to deny them haha
You gonna cut your quarters like Gylar did???
Old 01-24-2013, 09:37 AM   #122
DueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
DueNorth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Coma View Post
Just test fitting a plate bumper for now but if they wanna give me a deal on a high clearance who am I to deny them haha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloweburn View Post
You gonna cut your quarters like Gylar did???

Old 01-24-2013, 10:01 AM   #123
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
We will see lol more than likely but still debating
Old 01-24-2013, 01:18 PM   #124
deepcoma will become famous soon enoughdeepcoma will become famous soon enough

deepcoma's Tacoma Gallery
What a sweet build!! Really top notch!

I just purchased a 2013 TRD Double Cab with the short box and have been drooling over how you have yours set up, although I am going to let the new car smell leave before cutting and chopping!!
Old 01-24-2013, 01:31 PM   #125
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepcoma View Post

I just purchased a 2013 TRD Double Cab with the short box and have been drooling over how you have yours set up, although I am going to let the new car smell leave before cutting and chopping!!
Doesn't take long for the mod bug to hit
Old 01-24-2013, 03:11 PM   #126

I know....I have my list started and building fast!!!
Old 01-24-2013, 03:20 PM   #127
DueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:

Thanks man! See you did exactly what I just did before I bought the truck, you found this forum. You're totally done for now, mod bug will be in full effect within days...
Old 01-24-2013, 03:31 PM   #128

I have been lurking here for years as I owned a 2004 TRD Access Cab and sold it before buying the new one but have just recently become a member here.

I have been wanting a 2nd gen for a while and finally decided the time was right to get one. Already there are some things I miss about my 04 but i cant complain about all the great new features in the 2013 model, not too mention I am enjoying the Double Cab.
Old 01-25-2013, 07:26 AM   #129

Quote:
I have been lurking here for years as I owned a 2004 TRD Access Cab and sold it before buying the new one but have just recently become a member here.

I have been wanting a 2nd gen for a while and finally decided the time was right to get one. Already there are some things I miss about my 04 but i cant complain about all the great new features in the 2013 model, not too mention I am enjoying the Double Cab.
What are some of things you miss about the 04? I`m really glad i bought a 4 door myself. What mods are you wanna get done right away?
Old 01-26-2013, 06:50 PM   #130

The size of the 04 tacoma was slightly more trail friendly and of course the factory Rear locker. Although the 2nd gen is more refined than the 1st gen which is nice as I get older...lol.

First thing is going to be 5100's up front I think and a Cap on the bed for my dogs. A set of Duratracs is in its future and might black out the stock rims along with plasti dipping the badges. Tiniting is going to be a must in short order! After that I am sure I will starting find more direction from this forum.

Here she is a couple of days after I bought here....1 week anniversary today actually. Still a virgin!
Attached Thumbnails
DueNorth's Build-20130126_165857.jpg  
Old 01-27-2013, 07:51 AM   #131

Quote:
The size of the 04 tacoma was slightly more trail friendly and of course the factory Rear locker. Although the 2nd gen is more refined than the 1st gen which is nice as I get older...lol.

First thing is going to be 5100's up front I think and a Cap on the bed for my dogs. A set of Duratracs is in its future and might black out the stock rims along with plasti dipping the badges. Tiniting is going to be a must in short order! After that I am sure I will starting find more direction from this forum.

Here she is a couple of days after I bought here....1 week anniversary today actually. Still a virgin!
Nice truck! I remember when mine was that pretty. Although that didn't last long. IMO a cap for the dogs was a must for me. I was really torn between a cab high or a the hi-rise cap since i like to sleep in the box while camping. Sounds like your heading into a great direction right now, look forward to seeing the progress.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:19 AM   #132
tacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
tacoma16's Tacoma Gallery
Trucks looking great Mike. Cant wait to see that swingout in person.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:19 AM   #133

I am going to do the low profile cab high cap.....not as functional as the high rise but looks good and works great for the dawgs. Just like the cap on my 04
Attached Thumbnails
DueNorth's Build-img_0827.jpg  
Old 01-27-2013, 03:42 PM   #134

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoma16 View Post
Trucks looking great Mike. Cant wait to see that swingout in person.
Thanks Peter! You planning on making it out to the SONTT club meet this April?

Quote:
I am going to do the low profile cab high cap.....not as functional as the high rise but looks good and works great for the dawgs. Just like the cap on my 04
Your 04 is a really nice truck as we;;. The extra room is certainly nice in the 2nd gens tho. I ended up going with an Leer 100xr instead of the ARE variant. ARE around he is a couple hundred $ more usually....
Old 01-27-2013, 03:46 PM   #135

My finally grabbed my Redline hood struts from my good buddy Wayside. Looking forward to getting these installed this week. Thanks goes to CanadianGirl for setting up this awesome GB!

Old 01-27-2013, 03:47 PM   #136

Also took stripped all my armor off the truck today. It`s going to the dealership to have the front diff actuator replaced.....
Old 01-27-2013, 03:54 PM   #137

The Leer 100XR is just what I am looking for but unfortunately there is no Leer dealer in my neck of the woods.

Wish i had got in on the GB on the struts!
Old 01-27-2013, 03:57 PM   #138

Quote:
The Leer 100XR is just what I am looking for but unfortunately there is now Leer dealer in my neck of the woods.

Wish i had got in on the GB on the struts!
Awww, that sucks.. ARE around ya? Meant to say i love the country side you`re showing off. Can`t wait to ride out East this summer, hope i make it up as far as New Foundland.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:59 PM   #139
tacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
tacoma16's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gylar View Post
Thanks Peter! You planning on making it out to the SONTT club meet this April?
As of right now I am, as long as nothing comes up. Are you going to be there with the truck? lol
Old 01-27-2013, 05:02 PM   #140

I'm still kicking myself or not getting in on that GB however they are not needed for my MOAB 2014 trip so they aren't at the top of my to do list currently lol