Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

DueNorth's Build

Old 02-12-2013, 07:42 PM   #161
tacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
tacoma16's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gylar View Post
uh huh, gonna be the only guy around with one of them on my truck. So looking forward to seeing it completed! If I were to choose any other front bumper tho, I'd be going with a relentless front bumper as well. Good pick!
Yeah cant say I have seen anyone running around with an ato, dont think there is anyone with a relentless in are neck of the woods atleast. Cant wait to see your truck at the M&G. I wont have mine for a while. Probably going to order a rear to save some time....high clearance or replacement bumper, hmmm... When you cut your besides did you have to paint or do something so they didnt rust or flake? Thinking of getting a high clearance.

Quote:
Crowd the thread as much as you want Peter, ya know I don't mind.
sounds good haha
Old 02-16-2013, 07:33 AM   #162
DueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
DueNorth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoma16 View Post
Yeah cant say I have seen anyone running around with an ato, dont think there is anyone with a relentless in are neck of the woods atleast. Cant wait to see your truck at the M&G. I wont have mine for a while. Probably going to order a rear to save some time....high clearance or replacement bumper, hmmm... When you cut your besides did you have to paint or do something so they didnt rust or flake? Thinking of getting a high clearance.
Naw, don't think you'll ever see anyone running an ATO bumper around here ever and you'll be the first around here to have a Relentless bumper as well.. Guess that makes our trucks "unique" lol

Dude, if you're gonna wheel it, definitely go with a HC rear bumper. Cutting those bedsides is no biggie , but the benefits are substantial!
I just touched the metal edge with a good primer, then used a rubber seal over top of it. Haven't seen any rust yet and its been over a year so far...
Old 02-16-2013, 07:34 AM   #163
DueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Was out playing in the snow last week! Loving these new Duratrac's...

Old 02-17-2013, 04:00 AM   #164
tacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma16 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter
tacoma16's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Naw, don't think you'll ever see anyone running an ATO bumper around here ever and you'll be the first around here to have a Relentless bumper as well.. Guess that makes our trucks "unique" lol

Dude, if you're gonna wheel it, definitely go with a HC rear bumper. Cutting those bedsides is no biggie , but the benefits are substantial!
I just touched the metal edge with a good primer, then used a rubber seal over top of it. Haven't seen any rust yet and its been over a year so far...
Yahoo for unique trucks haha. Cant wait to get my bumpers. I think I might as well go HC. My whole plan is to build up my truck for the arbdeg trip. I have been been looking at the pictures from previous trips and man does it look fun.

Thanks for the tips on the HC, that was one thing I was concerned about. I HATE RUST, so anthing i can do to prevent i am going to do it. I even ordered a aluminum front bumper, just so it wouldnt rust.

Nice TITS (tacoma in the snow) by the way
Old 02-17-2013, 09:37 AM   #165

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoma16 View Post
Yahoo for unique trucks haha. Cant wait to get my bumpers. I think I might as well go HC. My whole plan is to build up my truck for the arbdeg trip. I have been been looking at the pictures from previous trips and man does it look fun.

Thanks for the tips on the HC, that was one thing I was concerned about. I HATE RUST, so anthing i can do to prevent i am going to do it. I even ordered a aluminum front bumper, just so it wouldnt rust.

Nice TITS (tacoma in the snow) by the way
I had the same problem with my rear bumper when i bought it. Less than a year later and it was rusting out everywhere. Krylon paint just doesn't last in our salt filled winters so i had mine sandblasted and powder coated and i haven't had any issues since. I'm gonna PC the new front bumper when i get it as well. Aluminum is nice for that purpose, but i need to use a winch for what i'm getting into.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:47 AM   #166
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Ahh so you turn your snorkel around in the snow as well. Do you have a prefilter on it? sorry if I missed it
Old 02-17-2013, 09:52 AM   #167

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Coma View Post
Ahh so you turn your snorkel around in the snow as well. Do you have a prefilter on it? sorry if I missed it

Fortunately we haven't had much of winter this year so it hasn't been to much of a PITA turning the snorkel around or covering it up when i park outside at work. Next year i plan on springing for this.... (only use it in the winter season tho)

Old 02-17-2013, 09:57 AM   #168
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gotcha. Not sure what I'm going to do yet, you have a snorkel cover? or just make something yourself?
Old 02-17-2013, 10:00 AM   #169

Sure i do....

Old 02-17-2013, 10:01 AM   #170

It's ok to laugh.... so embarrassing putting it on at times.. lol
Old 02-17-2013, 10:01 AM   #171

HAHAHA good to know, I thought they made a neoprene cover for it but I cant find it if they do lol
Old 02-17-2013, 10:02 AM   #172

Yea i looked around for a neoprene type cover as well but was unsuccessful. If you find out, lemme know!
Old 02-17-2013, 10:03 AM   #173

I keep seeing pictures for it but cant find anything.. Maybe when I order my Wet Okoles I'll get a little extra and make one. But I'll let you know if I find one
Old 02-17-2013, 10:07 AM   #174

http://www.sierraexpeditions.com/ind...t_detail&p=999

Think you could use this on it?

Edit: Nvm its open on one end..
Old 02-17-2013, 10:07 AM   #175

Thanks Corey! I'm this close to asking my stepmom to sew an elastic band around some extra neoprene for a nice fitting cover. I hope i can pickup extra fabric somewhere close tho...
Old 02-17-2013, 10:08 AM   #176

Good idea, but making one custom might be easier and cheaper and probably a better fit too..
Old 02-17-2013, 10:11 AM   #177

Quote:
Good idea, but making one custom might be easier and cheaper and probably a better fit too..
yeah thats what I was thinking too lol

http://www.uniflow.com.au/contents/en-us/d2.html
here is one thats $21 but it appears to just be a mesh type filter
Old 02-17-2013, 10:17 AM   #178

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Coma View Post
yeah thats what I was thinking too lol

http://www.uniflow.com.au/contents/en-us/d2.html
here is one thats $21 but it appears to just be a mesh type filter

That may or may not work well. I think its something that you would keep on for the whole winter season but i'm worried it might get clogged up while driving down the hwy, especially if it was snowing pretty good. It would probably make a good cover for keeping snow out while parked tho.... Which is kinda what i need. I might just spring for it.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:18 AM   #179

Let me know if you do! I want to pick something up before the end of summer as well since my truck sits forever.. lol
Old 02-17-2013, 11:14 AM   #180

Cool man, i'll keep in touch and let ya know what i end up with. There's a fabric store down the road from me so i'll pop in there tomorrow morning and see what type of material they have, cost and whatnot.