Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

DueNorth's Build

Old 12-30-2012, 02:38 PM   #1
DueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
DueNorth's Tacoma Gallery
DueNorth's Build

Well after 3 years and 80 000kms later i've finally decided to make myself a build page to help keep track of mods i've done and maybe help others that want to do the same.
Unfortunately I made the mistake of browsing this forum for months before i finally made the jump to buy new and needless to say it wasn't long before i was hopelessly addicted.

I've definitely learned a lot from folks around here and from many friends that i've met through this hobby. I'd like to thank those who may have a had a hand in teaching me new skills and for the help along the way.

Here she is...

http://youtu.be/xNrnvKDmBdE

http://youtu.be/qUeeIYrV8i0

Truck Specs

-2010 Black Sand Pearl TRD Sport
-Double cab 4x4
-V6 4.0L - 6 speed manual

Drivetrain

-Nitro 4.56 gears
-Arb air lockers front and rear

Front Suspension

-Icon extended travel Coilovers
-LightRacing UCA's

Rear Suspension

-OME Dakar lear springs
-OME N182 shocks
-OME carrier bearing drop

Wheel & Tires

Winter setup:
-17' x 8" ProComp 7089 (5)
-black wheel lock lug nuts
285/70/17 Goodyear Duratracs (5)

Summer setup:
-16' x 8" Konig Countersteer Offroads (5)
315/75/16 Goodyear MTRs (5)

Armor

-All-Pro front bumper w/ light hoop and stock fog lights fitted
-ATO high clearance rear bumper w/ spare tire carrier
-Shrockworks rock sliders
-ATO IFS skid (reinforced with 2"x1/4" steel bracing )
-ATO transmission, t-case and gas tank skid plates
-Boztec rear diff skid
-BAMF LCA skids

Exhaust/Intake

-ARB Safari Snorkel (connected to stock intake)
-Relocated exhaust crossover (to fit ATO skid)
-Stock exhaust dumped after axle

Electrical

-Fog light anytime mod
-Aux reverse lights w/ switch mounted in cab
-Secondary reverse camera mounted on swing arm of tiregate

Exterior

-Leer 100XR topper w/ power locks, 50/50 sliding windows carpeted roof
-Thule roof rack mounted on topper
-3" removed from fenders and flairs
-cab mount chop, pinch weld folded over and firewall beaten in
-Colour matched grill and emblem
-Tinted windows FRONT - 20% REAR - 5%
-Fully debadged
-OEM bed mat
-4 extra Drings installed
-Removed mudflaps
-Custom tree pinstripe package

Interior

-Weathertech digital fit floor mats
-Wet Okole seat covers & center arm rest cover
-Custom rear seat platform for dogs
-Relocated rearview mirror bracket
-Illuminated 4x4 switch
-Glove box organizer
-Extra switches mounted in sunglass holder

Comms & Audio

-Cobra 75WX ST cb (mic is mounted beside glovebox)
-Relentless Fab antenna hood mount
-3 foot flexible whip
-JVC KD-R810 audio headunit
-Garmin Nuvi 50LM GPS

Recovery Gear

-Warn M8000 winch w/ upgraded 0 AUG wiring
-Winch solenoid box mounted in engine bay
-ARB CKMA12 twin air compressor mounted in engine bay
-48" hilift w/ base
-ATO hilift mounts
-Ericsson 30' snatch strap and tree strap
-Shovel mounted w/ Quickfist mounts
-Smittybuilt Snatch block
-MV-50 air compressor
-Tire repair kit
-plenty of 3/4" shackles
-Wheel chokes

Misc. Extras

-URD short shifter
-Hypertech inline Speedo Calibrator
-Redline hood struts
-GY extended SS rear brake lines
-diff breather mod
-hose clamp mod
-Krown Rust proofed yearly
-Full onboard tool set, fire extinguisher, first aid kid, extra clothes, food & water

Up and coming....

-21" LED lightbar
-ubolt flip kit
-Blue sea fuse panel
-snorkel prefilter
-audio speaker upgrade?
-Spare CV's
Old 12-30-2012, 02:38 PM   #2
DueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shedDueNorth is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Offroad Videos

Offroading videos

http://youtu.be/qUeeIYrV8i0

http://youtu.be/ic0Lb4BPZF0

http://youtu.be/EqIJRCvezX8

http://youtu.be/g0wah0z_LfY

http://youtu.be/meplYHHmpIc

http://youtu.be/7EI4J3kECNw

http://youtu.be/k1sjF98L-dM
Old 12-30-2012, 02:38 PM   #3

Offroading pictures!
Old 12-30-2012, 02:39 PM   #4

Pictures!

Pictures!
Old 12-30-2012, 09:06 PM   #5

So i bought her brand new and received her Jan. 23, 2010 with 11 kms on the ODO. Probably one of my most exciting days of my life. I never owned a new vehicle and certainly never thought i would spend $40k+ on one but in the end i'm really happy i did. My plan is to drive this truck into the ground and build it into an expedition/overlanding/rock crawling type rig that can haul my dogs around with ease and of course be able to work and haul a trailer for odd landscaping jobs and what not.

Here she is a couple days after getting her...

and of course an obligatory stock flex pose

So, first thing first. Since it was the middle of the winter and the dogs would be riding mainly in the cab i figured it would be a good time to make a nice flat platform for them to sit on.

Dogs like it

Old 12-30-2012, 09:09 PM   #6
McBuckets
RockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Noah
RockyMtnTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Easily my favorite truck on here!!! Been waiting for this thread for a while man!
Old 12-30-2012, 09:11 PM   #7
TG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to behold
Name: Trey
TG8's Tacoma Gallery
Great looking truck!!!!

Those dogs look awesome!
Old 12-30-2012, 09:19 PM   #8

Of course since i plan on keeping the truck till i die, WeatherTech Digital fit floor mats were Mandatory and 4 extra D-rings in the box would be handy too.

Here's a closer look at how i trimmed for those of us that have a 6 speed manual...

D-Rings...

Old 12-30-2012, 09:26 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMtnTRD View Post
Easily my favorite truck on here!!! Been waiting for this thread for a while man!
Thanks Noah! The kind words are very much appreciated. You actually had a part in kicking my butt into gear.

I should have left comment in your build thread earlier today, your truck is looking sick as well! That bruteforce hybrid bumper looks badass on your rig!
Old 12-30-2012, 09:26 PM   #10
TG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to beholdTG8 is a splendid one to behold
Name: Trey
TG8's Tacoma Gallery
Great looking truck!!!!

Those dogs look awesome!
Old 12-30-2012, 09:27 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TG8 View Post
Great looking truck!!!!

Those dogs look awesome!

Thanks Trey! I'm sure you'll see my dogs throughout this build... lol
Old 12-30-2012, 09:35 PM   #12
Sloweburn is on a distinguished road

Name: Steve
Sloweburn's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Mike, nice build. That's a nice looking bumper - would look great on my truck

Let me know if you want to do any winter runs - I'm in!
Old 12-30-2012, 09:40 PM   #13
McBuckets
RockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gylar View Post
Thanks Noah! The kind words are very much appreciated. You actually had a part in kicking my butt into gear.

I should have left comment in your build thread earlier today, your truck is looking sick as well! That bruteforce hybrid bumper looks badass on your rig!
Thanks! Your words are also much appreciated!
Definitely been drooling over your rig ever since I joined this forum haha!
Old 12-30-2012, 09:45 PM   #14

Well selling my car to fund these next mods was a given. Had a beautiful absolutely mint condition 02 Grand Prix GTP black on black. (yea i love my black vehicles lol). What a dream to drive and not a speck of dirt anywhere on her even when she sold at 188 000kms on the ODO. So i made $4500 off my baby and went to town on my new girl...

Tint all around and ProComp 7089 wheels wrapped with Goodyear Duratracs in 265/70/17 really made my rig stand out. Not to mention help perform way better over the stock Dunflops.

Got a pretty good deal on some powder coating so i had the front "skid plate" done.

Old 12-30-2012, 09:51 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloweburn View Post
Hey Mike, nice build. That's a nice looking bumper - would look great on my truck

Let me know if you want to do any winter runs - I'm in!

Damn Steve, don't let the masses know i got a completely custom front bumper coming from one of the best fabricators to recently leave the market.....

I must say this All-Pro would look pretty damn good on your truck tho. and don't worry, you're the first guy i'll be calling on when we finally get dumped with anything over 2 feet of snow.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:54 PM   #16

Quote:
Thanks! Your words are also much appreciated!
Definitely been drooling over your rig ever since I joined this forum haha!

Yea i've done way to much drooling for my own good around here too. lol
Actually, i may have to come out to this years Moab trip to get an eyeful in person.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:56 PM   #17
McBuckets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gylar View Post
Yea i've done way to much drooling for my own good around here too. lol
Actually, i may have to come out to this years Moab trip to get an eyeful in person.
Yes!!!!! Do it!! I will be there for sure. Can't wait.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:03 PM   #18

This being the middle of winter time i just had to try these tires out in the deeper snow. Well i guess the patch i found was a little too deep and managed to completely high center myself... Good thing i brought a shovel.

Then of course i had to try some mud...

Old 12-30-2012, 10:05 PM   #19

Quote:
Yes!!!!! Do it!! I will be there for sure. Can't wait.
Oh its definitely in the plans. I so wanted to last year but decided gears and lockers would be better. Now that that is done, this year has got to be Moab. Just gotta work at changing around my holiday schedule and see how the funds will be doing.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:11 PM   #20
Large "member"
NC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC15TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC15TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck! Where'd half your pics go?