1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

DRitchey's Build

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by dritchey10, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Dec 30, 2012 at 2:48 PM
    dritchey10

dritchey10 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Maryville, TN
    Vehicle:
    2010 Dbl Cab Taco V6 Auto 4WD
    2" lift
    Hey guys and gals, just recently purchased a black 2010 Double Cab Tacoma.

I love this truck. It's a slight upgrade over my 94 Yota Pickup haha. I have a few plans that I will list out later but I wanted to get this thread started now to document it all. I'm on an iPad so I'm not sure if the picture uploaded right, if not I'll fix it when I get home.

She already came with a 2" lift and those stupid blacked out headlights. The guy literally just painted over the dang lenses. I can't even drive at night without the fog lights on right now. It sucks so bad haha not sure what the previous owner was thinking but they look horrible, especially up close.

Anyways, hopefully I will learn a lot from you guys cause Lord knows I will need the help haha. Thanks in advance!

Edit: Forgot to mention, 4WD V6 Auto Transmission.

image.jpg

2. Jan 1, 2013 at 11:01 AM
    Fightman80

Fightman80 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Capreol Ontario Canada
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD DCLB Speedway Blue
    Tinted Tail lights, Nerb Bars, Tonneau Cover, Vent Visors, Hood Deflector, Foglight/highbeam mod, Custom homemade grill, Carbon Fibre Interior.
    Looks good overall.... I'd get some new headlights, maybe get some Aftermarkets that have the Black housings with a clear lens? Or do the mod yourself????

3. Jan 1, 2013 at 4:58 PM
    dritchey10

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Maryville, TN
    Vehicle:
    2" lift
    Yeah I'm currently looking at cleaning them up with some paint remover or something that hopefully won't damage the lenses. If that doesn't work they will be replaced with some decent new headlights with probably blacked out interiors. I like the look of a few I've found online but we'll see how it goes. That's plan #1 haha.

Also, I've been considering purchasing some black wheels in the next year or so so I've decided to Plasti Dip my current wheels to give me an idea of if I would actually like black wheels with my truck. I figured it's a much MUCH cheaper route to test out the look haha. I'll post some pictures this weekend when I plan on giving it a shot.

4. Jan 8, 2013 at 6:23 PM
    dritchey10

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Maryville, TN
    Vehicle:
    2" lift
    First "mod" completed haha. I just took acetone to my headlight covers. They look horrible now. Cleaned them up nicely but the previous owner sanded the headlight lenses down so that he could paint over them. They're clear now but they look pathetic. Have to get those replaced asap.

Does anyone have any suggestions for good headlights? What has worked for you guys best? I like the black reflector type headlights with the halo's in them.

5. Jan 8, 2013 at 6:25 PM
    650H1

650H1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2020 (Cement) TRD O/R
    nice truck man! you can pick up a nice set of headlights on ebay for about 100 bucks shipped IIRC. you want the black HOUSING headlights, not headlights that have painted lenses. not sure why the PO did that....

EDIT: these are what you want :thumbsup:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2005-2010-T...pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  6. Jan 8, 2013 at 6:37 PM
    dritchey10

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Maryville, TN
    Vehicle:
    2" lift
    Yeah I really have no clue what he was thinking. I'll post pics to show the difference in light they give off now that I stripped the paint off of them. They still look like crap but I can drive safely at night haha.

And what's funny is that link you updated with, I was literally on that page when I saw you posted it! Thanks haha.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  7. Jan 19, 2013 at 4:18 PM
    dritchey10

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Maryville, TN
    Vehicle:
    2" lift
    Okay, so I've got a few pics to add. First ones are of the "new" look of my headlights. Haha I finally ordered my new lights but they dont get in until next week.

Next, to get an idea of if I'd like to one day order black wheels I went ahead an plasti-dip'd my wheels. Love the look! Not bad for $20 spent.

Last picture is of the truck in our recent slightly unexpected winter snow in East TN. She handled it perfectly and was a blast to drive in during the icey weather.

Next up is to put on the new headlights when they get in this week. Can't wait. Also gonna order some LEDs from csjumper in Feb sometime.

Edit: Can't upload all the pics from my iPad cause they're all named image.jpg haha. I'll do the rest when I get back to my laptop.

image.jpg

8. Jan 28, 2013 at 7:16 AM
    dritchey10

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Maryville, TN
    Vehicle:
    2" lift
    Forgot to come back and post the rest of the pics! My bad.

Anyways I got the new headlights in this last week and installed them (first one took me an hour, second took me 10 minutes haha). Also, re-dipped one of the wheels where I messed up and while I was at it decided to dip the chrome on the front of the grill just to see how it looks. I love it.

Here's the pics, now I just need a warm enough day to wash her up again and take some more pics now that she's looking sharp!

Also I'm including some of the way the headlights were before I replaced them and after I stripped them with acetone.

And I included a picture from our brief snow the other day.

Let me know what you guys think!

photo(6).jpg
    photo(8).jpg
    photo(4).jpg
    photo(3).jpg
    photo.jpg
    photo(1).jpg
    photo(2).jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top