Notices

Should take a while build, 2012 TRD Sport

Old 01-06-2013, 10:22 AM   #1
JakeyWakey will become famous soon enough
Air Force: 121st SFS
Name: Jake
JakeyWakey's Tacoma Gallery
Should take a while build, 2012 TRD Sport

My build will likely take a while, as I don't really know much about building trucks up... But hey, that's why I joined here!

I've got a 2012 TRD Sport "Limited" w/ Entune and I've got A LOT of ideas thanks to everyone's build threads.

Current mods:
Ohio State Buckeye sticker in the rear window ...
Removed OEM mud guards
Added OEM skid plate, roof rack
AntennaX euro antenna
Plasti Dipped all emblems
Toyec spacer lift (I know.. BUT I don't really off road, I really like the look!)

Future mods:
Weathertech digitalfit mats
Weathertech wind/rain deflectors
BLHM mod (thinking about morimotos)
Wetokole's for the front and rear
SCS Stealth 6 Wheels in Bronze
Goodyear Duratracs

I'll be posting on my thread pretty much everyday that I can, any feedback is greatly appreciated and I welcome any criticism.

More pictures will follow

The day I took her home, which was also my birthday. 4/27/2012

Old 01-06-2013, 10:28 AM   #2
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Your lift wheels and tires really depend on what you want to do with your truck. Is it a lift just for show? for light off roading? for serious off roading? And do the weathertechs sooner rather than later, they are awesome and I love mine
Old 01-06-2013, 10:36 AM   #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Coma View Post
Your lift wheels and tires really depend on what you want to do with your truck. Is it a lift just for show? for light off roading? for serious off roading? And do the weathertechs sooner rather than later, they are awesome and I love mine
I'd like to start getting into some light off roading, but also kind of show. The weathertechs are definitely a top priority right now, I've heard great things!
Old 01-06-2013, 10:54 AM   #4
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TJ
skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeyWakey View Post
I'd like to start getting into some light off roading, but also kind of show. The weathertechs are definitely a top priority right now, I've heard great things!
+1 on weathertechs.
For lift, I would recommend OME, because that's what I have and am happy with it. But you could probably get away with billies turned up a little. Wheels and tires are completely and entirely up to your personal preference, after all, its your truck, you're the one looking and driving it everyday.
Enjoy the modding.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:10 AM   #5
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I agree with the OEM for light off roading, they can even handle some pretty nice trails as evidenced by other builds on here. and yes wheels and tires are your choice. Maybe an AT tire instead of an MT unless you like the aggressive look of a MT
Old 01-06-2013, 12:32 PM   #6
Quote:
I agree with the OEM for light off roading, they can even handle some pretty nice trails as evidenced by other builds on here. and yes wheels and tires are your choice. Maybe an AT tire instead of an MT unless you like the aggressive look of a MT
Cool, I will probably give that a try, so OEM it is!
Old 01-06-2013, 01:22 PM   #7

I may have a used tonneau cover in a month or so. It's an extang blackmax was originally around $175? I'll sell for $100? Less than a year old no tears or anything
Old 01-06-2013, 02:03 PM   #8
Quote:
I may have a used tonneau cover in a month or so. It's an extang blackmax was originally around $175? I'll sell for $100? Less than a year old no tears or anything
If you PM me with some pictures of it when you're ready to sell, I'll take a look and we can exchange info, Thanks man
Old 01-06-2013, 02:04 PM   #9

Quote:
If you PM me with some pictures of it when you're ready to sell, I'll take a look and we can exchange info, Thanks man
Will do, should be around February, hoping to get a best top for it.
Old 01-06-2013, 02:08 PM   #10
Quote:
Will do, should be around February, hoping to get a best top for it.
Bestop's are super nice, I'd get that too haha
Old 01-06-2013, 02:23 PM   #11

Quote:
Bestop's are super nice, I'd get that too haha
yeah, id love a cap but I dont have 2 grand laying around lol