Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Blackhawke88's Build/Photo Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-04-2013, 04:57 PM   #1861
precoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: corey
precoma's Tacoma Gallery
Where are all the pics of Jens truck ?
Old 05-04-2013, 07:30 PM   #1862
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery

Old 05-04-2013, 09:59 PM   #1863
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Nice !!
Old 05-08-2013, 11:01 AM   #1864
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Everyone head out with us to the MORE 500! Wheeling, racing, chasing, and partying for the whole weekend!

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sou...ml#post6859449
Old 05-08-2013, 11:07 AM   #1866
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torspd View Post
If Cali was closer........
There are desert races in Texas too I think
Old 05-09-2013, 07:19 PM   #1867
SoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
SoCalRoadie's Tacoma Gallery
What did you do to prep your tubing before painting? Any specific chemicals or agents? Just elbow grease and steel wool?

Thanks.
Old 05-10-2013, 12:35 AM   #1868
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

i used brake cleaner
Old 05-10-2013, 07:57 AM   #1869
bonafide
sk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
sk8rjess's Tacoma Gallery

looks great man! makes me wish i was out west so i could build a runner and have it be useful
Old 05-10-2013, 09:56 AM   #1870
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8rjess View Post
makes me wish i was out west so i could build a runner and have it be useful
you'd be surprised how many people build prerunners in Cali that never see dirt Im sure you can find ways to have fun in one in TN, they are super comfy to ride in any trail ride.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:00 AM   #1871
SoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
SoCalRoadie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
i used brake cleaner
Brake cleaner then just rattle can the tubes? Can it be that simple? I guess I was over thinking it.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:01 AM   #1872
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalRoadie View Post
Brake cleaner then just rattle can the tubes? Can it be that simple? I guess I was over thinking it.
yup, brake cleaner, parts cleaner, acetone, jizz in a can, whatever cleans the tubes real well. If there is some rust, just use a scotch brite to clean it up, although wiping it real hard with parts cleaner will take off most rust too.

Then just rattle can it. I used rustoleum on the whole thing, something like 8 cans for cab and engine cage.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:03 AM   #1873
Fiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFiend13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Crew Chief
Name: Chad
Fiend13's Tacoma Gallery
Every time I see your truck I drool and everything around me becomes non-extistent. Would love to see it in person and make it fly with that LT setup. Definitely nice work man! The plasti-dip still holdin up?
Old 05-10-2013, 10:07 AM   #1874
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiend13 View Post
Every time I see your truck I drool and everything around me becomes non-extistent. Would love to see it in person and make it fly with that LT setup. Definitely nice work man! The plasti-dip still holdin up?
haha thanks man! I love staring at my truck too, especially after I park or when I walk back to it in the parking lot. Im just happy I did it my way and I tried to be different.

Plasti dip is holding up great in the areas I expected it not to, such as the front of the bedsides which usually get sandblasted, and the front of the fenders and hood from rock chips. However, it is rubbing off on the bottom of the cab below the driver and passenger doors where people step to get in and out. I have a box of the same color plastidip for touch up though.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:26 AM   #1875
bonafide
sk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shedsk8rjess is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
sk8rjess's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
you'd be surprised how many people build prerunners in Cali that never see dirt Im sure you can find ways to have fun in one in TN, they are super comfy to ride in any trail ride.
i was originally going the LT route. i wheel with a 2nd gen that is LT but i'd like to run bigger tires and not worry about breaking so much.
but i do want to build a runner on day!
Old 05-10-2013, 11:46 AM   #1876
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8rjess View Post
i was originally going the LT route. i wheel with a 2nd gen that is LT but i'd like to run bigger tires and not worry about breaking so much.
but i do want to build a runner on day!
LT lets you clear 35s with no cutting or trimming on the cab mount or fender. Wheel well is a different story though, especially if you run with a lot of up travel.
Old 05-16-2013, 04:20 PM   #1877
U MAD? OH U MAD
RJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: RJ
RJALLDAY702's Tacoma Gallery

I miss the blue, Aaron
And so does that guy
Old 05-16-2013, 04:38 PM   #1878
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

blue is still there lol, it's hibernating
Old 05-17-2013, 07:26 AM   #1880
shit happens then you die
jobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Josh
jobrien's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Look Ma, one hand!
living dangerously?

Products Discussed in this Thread