Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Blackhawke88's Build/Photo Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-02-2009, 12:04 AM   #1
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
Blackhawke88's Build/Photo Thread

2007 TRD Off Road 6-Speed

How she sits today:

Day I got her:

List of Mods:
- TRD Cold Air Intake
- TRD Cat-Back Exhaust
- Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers
- URD MAF Calibrator
- OME Front & Rear Shocks
- OME 885 Front Coils
- All Pro 3" Rear Leaf Pack
- Timbren Suspension Enhancement System (Bump stops)
- Tom Woods 1-Piece Drive Shaft
- Pro Comp Light Bar
- 2 KC Rally Driving Lights
- 1 KC Rally Off Road Light
- Graphite Painted TRD Off Road Wheels
- GT Radial 265/75 ATs
- TRD Quick Shifter
- Extra D-Rings in Bed
- Black Head Light Mod
- Grillcraft Mesh Grille
- Uniden PRO358W CB Radio w/ Lil Wil Antenna
- iPod2Car

So about a month after I got her, I got rear/side ended by a Toyota Corolla (completely my fault thought). Her car was totaled while I had an ugly dent on my bumper for 5 months. I pocketed the insurance check and started shopping around for a used taco bumper. Here is what I found:

After I painted it with factory matched paint:

Back on the truck! Color matched too!:

After Pro Comp Light Bar + KC Rallys:

Still to come:

Pictures of truck w/ lift on

Pictures of DIY painted wheels

Some of my major threads:

my DIY bumper repair
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/sh....php?p=2163503

Pro Comp light bar, grillcraft and KC Rallys Installed
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=232926

CarDomain
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blackhawke88

Got new pics of the painted wheels up! First pics since lift too:

here's how I painted the wheels: http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=238921

Went to Hollister Hills on Saturday with Ken (05scTaco) and his buddy Edgar. These are some pics of lil' Bush (my taco):

Just pulled into the park, taking a group shot. From left to right: Edgar, Me, Ken

Lil' Bush as seen through Edgar's side mirror:

Me chillin, waiting to hit a hill:

Flashin signs at the bottom of a hill:

Pulling a Bronco out (hehe, I felt proud):

Used a little help from an XJ:

Running 5 Fingers Hill:

Almost at the top:

Made it!:

CARNAGE!!! YES!!!!:

Chillin and enjoying ourselves at the end of the day:

Pictures courtesy of Edgar and Ken. Here is the original thread!!!:

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=243430

Carnegie SVRA:

Went wheelin with MJ and his friend. Videos are sick too:

Video of me climbing steps:

Video of me mudding:

May 10th Hollister Hills run with Ken (05SCtaco) and my roommate (pictures are ripped from Ken).

This is where we found ourselves after about half an hour of trekking up a few black diamond trails. The city you see off in the distance is Hollister!:

Some videos of me going down a very steep hill:

part 1:

part 2:

Update! June 1 Hollister Hills SVRA Meet with MJ and Ken (05SCtaco).

Pictures courtesy of MJonags and 05SCtaco!

MJ watching me from his new uber-cool rear-view back-up camera:

Me slowly climbing a hill. The place was pretty sandy:

Navigating my way around some ruts:

Working hard to protect my diff:

Almost got stuck:

Paid a heavy price for being stupid:

Carnage! That'll buff out...eh?:

My turn up a steep and sandy hill:

The caravan climbing its way up to the top of Hollister Hills:

We saw food:

And now time to pose:

Ken making his way down some steps:

...and me making my way back up them:

my tires were hella slipping:

I finally uploaded pictures from Ken's camera:

Some Videos!:

MJ running truck hill:

Me running truck hill:

All of use messing around afterwards and doing donuts:
Old 02-02-2009, 12:05 AM   #2
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Very very nice.
Old 02-02-2009, 12:07 AM   #3
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Your truck looks sweet man!
Old 02-02-2009, 06:16 AM   #5
betz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud ofbetz.steven has much to be proud of

Air Force: Aircraft Maintenance
Name: Steve
betz.steven's Tacoma Gallery
truck looks real good!
Old 02-02-2009, 09:48 AM   #6
Glockin
GasTiresOil has a spectacular aura aboutGasTiresOil has a spectacular aura about
Law Enforcement:
GasTiresOil's Tacoma Gallery
was that a "Bush Cheney '08" sticker? I hope that didnt incite any road rage....truck looks sweet BTW
Old 02-02-2009, 10:03 AM   #7
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
lol... I see you bought your truck at Precision Toyota -- that's where I got mine...
Old 02-02-2009, 11:24 AM   #8
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasTiresOil View Post
was that a "Bush Cheney '08" sticker? I hope that didnt incite any road rage....truck looks sweet BTW
haha yup, people do occasionally dump coke and other shiiit on my truck. im just happy i pissed them off haha. btw, Im near san francisco....BIG land of democrats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post
lol... I see you bought your truck at Precision Toyota -- that's where I got mine...
yea, precision is a sick dealership, i heard a lot better than dessert.

Got my sliders installed last night!

Welding on the mounting plates:

The sliders, painted with bedliner and ready to install:

Fitting the sliders on the truck:

Finished Product:

A few pictures from this weekend run at hollister hills, courtesy of other photographers (including KRT):

^ A video of me climbing that hill:

A LOT more pictures here: http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/sh....php?p=2651515

Double Cab Toyota Tacoma = ~$28,000
Spacer Lift and Chrome Rims w/ 33" MTs = ~$1500
eBay running boards and billet grille = ~$500
Looking like a princess parked by my dirty Taco = Priceless

Parked by this guy on my campus for fun:

Pismo March 7-9:

Old 02-02-2009, 04:08 PM   #9
silver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsilver07taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: COIL
silver07taco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to silver07taco
Good lookin taco!, Nice pics
Old 02-02-2009, 04:21 PM   #10
Mustache May
MacTaco is a glorious beacon of lightMacTaco is a glorious beacon of lightMacTaco is a glorious beacon of lightMacTaco is a glorious beacon of lightMacTaco is a glorious beacon of light

MacTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I'm surprised you didn't throw a rod when you were redlining your engine in that vid. Crazy shit.
Old 02-02-2009, 04:42 PM   #11
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacTaco View Post
I'm surprised you didn't throw a rod when you were redlining your engine in that vid. Crazy shit.
Me too, but Im not surprised that I blew first gear of my tranny, had to get it replaced the next day, haha, for free tho cuz it was under warranty and I did a real nice job cleaning my taco before taking her to the dealership.

And also, sorry if some of the pics arent showing up, imagecave is screwing with me and im trying to fix them. They might just fix themselves. If not, ima have to move everything to photobucket which is gonna suck.
Old 02-02-2009, 05:27 PM   #12
Mustache May
MacTaco is a glorious beacon of lightMacTaco is a glorious beacon of lightMacTaco is a glorious beacon of lightMacTaco is a glorious beacon of lightMacTaco is a glorious beacon of light

MacTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Yea, most of them say "Bandwidth Exceeded"
Old 02-02-2009, 05:55 PM   #13
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacTaco View Post
Yea, most of them say "Bandwidth Exceeded"
Yea, according to the faq on imagecave, if my pics are viewed too many times in one day, they freeze it for the day, then unfreeze it the next day. I guess imagecave is gay that way. If i have time i'll gradually switch over to photobucket. Til then, keep checking back! Thanks for all the comments!
Old 02-03-2009, 10:28 PM   #14
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

aite, all the pictures have been moved to photobucket so it should all be good!
Old 02-04-2009, 07:42 PM   #15
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
haha yup, people do occasionally dump coke and other shiiit on my truck. im just happy i pissed them off haha. btw, Im near san francisco....BIG land of democrats

yea, precision is a sick dealership, i heard a lot better than dessert.
yup... I hated Desert... only went to pretoy...
Old 02-05-2009, 09:43 PM   #16
-Doomsday Squad-"game over man"
RaginCajun has much to be proud ofRaginCajun has much to be proud ofRaginCajun has much to be proud ofRaginCajun has much to be proud ofRaginCajun has much to be proud ofRaginCajun has much to be proud ofRaginCajun has much to be proud ofRaginCajun has much to be proud of

RaginCajun's Tacoma Gallery
I love those pictures!
Old 02-06-2009, 07:33 AM   #17
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
Cools pic's man and nice looking truck.
Old 03-10-2009, 02:43 AM   #18
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

some pics from pismo ripped from other people's photobuckets, haha, sorry if there are repeats:

Old 05-29-2009, 09:21 PM   #19
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

update from the shop, hanneman hood w/ fiberwerx glass:
video walk around:

Old 05-29-2009, 11:24 PM   #20
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Your ready for some long travel! Looking good man.

Products Discussed in this Thread