Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Usmcsantosj 2013 TRD Prerunner-First Build

Old 03-25-2013, 10:11 PM   #41
Usmcsantosj is a splendid one to beholdUsmcsantosj is a splendid one to beholdUsmcsantosj is a splendid one to beholdUsmcsantosj is a splendid one to beholdUsmcsantosj is a splendid one to beholdUsmcsantosj is a splendid one to beholdUsmcsantosj is a splendid one to behold

Marines:
Name: Jovani
Usmcsantosj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by choppersx View Post
Badazz built Best truck color
Thanks bro...If I could marry a color, THIS would be it
Old 03-25-2013, 10:16 PM   #42
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: A1C
Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Looking great!

How hard was it to plastidip your emblems? I want to do mine but I'm not sure how to remove it without taking it off the emblems as well...
Old 03-25-2013, 10:36 PM   #43
1stgenpre has much to be proud of1stgenpre has much to be proud of1stgenpre has much to be proud of1stgenpre has much to be proud of1stgenpre has much to be proud of1stgenpre has much to be proud of1stgenpre has much to be proud of1stgenpre has much to be proud of
Law Enforcement:
1stgenpre's Tacoma Gallery
I just did the emblems and entire back bumper on our new single cab the other weekend. I was very nervous but went for it. it turned out awesome for me.

just tape off the area around the enblem about an inch around all sides like the above pic. Start spraying light coats, I waited about 10 minutes between coats and began very light...at first it just seems like the emblem is spattered with the plasti dip but thats how you want the first coat. I did about 4-5 coats on mine. I was sure to let it dry thoroughly before I started peeling. At least 45 minutes I think I waited. Once I started peeling. the plasti dip naturally tore itself away from the base of the emblem leaving nothing but the emblem covered. Pretty cool stuff. I was just extra careful when the peeling got close to the letters in case it tried to peel off them too, but I've heard as long as you put plenty of coats on you won't have a problem.

Sorry to butt in on the thread OP, your truck looks great btw! Love the MGM...my close second choice behind the SWB.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:00 PM   #44
Usmcsantosj is a splendid one to beholdUsmcsantosj is a splendid one to beholdUsmcsantosj is a splendid one to beholdUsmcsantosj is a splendid one to beholdUsmcsantosj is a splendid one to beholdUsmcsantosj is a splendid one to beholdUsmcsantosj is a splendid one to behold

Marines:
Name: Jovani
Usmcsantosj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
Looking great!

How hard was it to plastidip your emblems? I want to do mine but I'm not sure how to remove it without taking it off the emblems as well...
Thanks, and very easy.

Check this guy out...He has a lot of info and the 'How-To's' of plasti dipping

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otCtkVePX_0
Old 03-26-2013, 07:50 AM   #45
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
How do you like your Trail Grapplers Jovani? I've heard they're pretty loud, but I'm not sure if you've ever run any other M/T tires to compare them to.

Matt