LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

ivoryaddict's 2009 dblcab sb 4x4

Old 01-19-2013, 03:07 PM   #1
Drive It Like You Stole It
ivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andy
ivoryaddict's Tacoma Gallery
ivoryaddict's 2009 dblcab sb 4x4

I bought a 2009 double cab short bed 4x4 in November. My 1991 toyota truck had served me well, but things like cab space and constant repairs inspired me to upgrade. It was completely stock when purchased other than very basic after market tires.

Completed Mods:
Headache Rack "the Bat-Rack" made by TW member jacobigindi
BAMF Kickout Sliders with textured powder coat
ARB bumper
Warn 8000 winch
ProComp Leveling Kit
Bed Mat
Mud Flap Removal
Ruff Tuff seat covers
Goodyear Dura Trac 285/75/16
Fuel Boost 16x8" wheels
Extra D-Rings in Bed (attached to bed bolt)

Future mods:
restock my bank account
Bilstein 5100 with OME coils up front
Light Racing UCAs
Relentless Rear Bumper

TW member, jacobigindi, totaled his truck awhile back. The headache rack, he made, survived. I'd seen the pictures before the accident and thought it looked great. When I saw it for sale on TW, I jumped at the opportunity.
[url=http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/389088/cat/500][/url]

New pics with new wheels and tires added 2-17-13

Ruff Tuff seat covers. Went with Cordura all around and digital camo so the dog could ride shotgun and the dirt wouldn't show as bad.

This project won't get too crazy, but it will be fun doing a few necessary mods. You all have a wealth of knowledge I look forward to tapping into.
Old 01-20-2013, 06:48 PM   #2
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
She's a beaut.
Old 01-20-2013, 06:49 PM   #3
#racecarlife
hudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hudson
hudhawk's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great man, I love that color. I'd suggest getting some nice all terrain tires. Since you have factory 16" rims I'd suggest going with some 265/75-16s.
Old 01-20-2013, 06:50 PM   #4
JasperOffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasperOffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasperOffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasperOffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasperOffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasperOffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasperOffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasperOffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasperOffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasperOffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedJasperOffroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JasperOffroad's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good. I love the ARB bumper. Bigger tires will certainly change the look of it. You can fit any tire you can clear on those factory rims. You will probably need to add some wheel spacers if you decide to keep them in order to clear the bigger tires. I would keep them factory color.

What winch is tucked into that ARB? M8000?
Old 01-20-2013, 06:52 PM   #6
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TJ
skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
Good looking truck. You might try a bigger tire and Plastidip the wheels. What model are your fogs? Do you like them?
Old 01-20-2013, 07:20 PM   #7
ivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by hudhawk View Post
Looks great man, I love that color. I'd suggest getting some nice all terrain tires. Since you have factory 16" rims I'd suggest going with some 265/75-16s.
Thanks hudhawk, based on what I've read here, that sounds like a good option.

JasperOffroad, it is an 8000, she has already pulled my neighbors civic out of the mud and my tractor off a snowy slope. Thanks for the spacer advice, I hope to add them although based on posts, I'm nervous about the ramifications. I'm not very mechanical and all the posts about bearing wear have me worried

skidooman, the fogs are PIAAs, they are nice, but aren't any brighter than stock. In retrospect, they don't provide alot of bang for the buck.

Thanks for the feedback folks. The opinion of others really helps.
Old 02-17-2013, 04:09 PM   #8

Finally added the new wheels and tires yesterday, the new pics are in the beginning of the thread. Love the 33's. Thanks to all who recommended going for it.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:43 AM   #9
Woods & Water Edition
REDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
REDTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Great looking truck man! I just added a set of duratracs to mine also love them!
Old 02-18-2013, 07:14 AM   #10
I'm your huckleberry
skidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedskidooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TJ
skidooman's Tacoma Gallery
That looks really good!!
Old 02-28-2013, 09:21 AM   #11
apedosmilglass is on a distinguished road

apedosmilglass's Tacoma Gallery
arb bumper

hey man, your truck looks awesome. did you notice any sag with the arb bumper? i plan on getting one, i have a 2013 trd dcab with a level kit similar to your. allot of people say i need to upgrade shocks and springs. hows your holding up.
Old 02-28-2013, 09:06 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by apedosmilglass View Post
hey man, your truck looks awesome. did you notice any sag with the arb bumper? i plan on getting one, i have a 2013 trd dcab with a level kit similar to your. allot of people say i need to upgrade shocks and springs. hows your holding up.
Thanks for the compliment. The bumper and level kit were put on at the same time, it sits pretty level. My only issue was having the bumper not clear the fender flares well enough. ARB recommended a 15mm gap to avoid contact. The roads around here are pretty twisty, so the weight of the bumper and winch are noticeable when cornering but not problematic. The 33" tires are what have me wanting to change the suspension. I've been talking with YotaDan from Wheeler's Off-Road about the best option for the best price. You'll enjoy the bumper.
Old 03-01-2013, 03:01 AM   #13
"Not all those who wander are lost"
Traction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTraction120 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic, Search and Rescue, Wildland Firefighting
Name: Nathan
Traction120's Tacoma Gallery
Looking good! Why not skip the billies and go full OME? You can get the full kit from toytec for around $800 with AAL.
Old 04-28-2013, 04:07 PM   #14
jpop8807 is on a distinguished road
Army: Bradley Crew, 1st Cav
Name: Josh
jpop8807's Tacoma Gallery
Nice truck. Love the color. How do you like the front bumper. I'm kind of torn between that one and the allpro
Old 01-28-2014, 07:00 PM   #15

Feeling the need to do more mods, but the money tree hasn't been bearing enough fruit. What inexpensive mods have some have you done that brought the most satisfaction? Been thinking about painting the rear bumper black until I can by some armor in a year or two. Any thoughts on the bumper; try and keep it in good shape and sell it for mod money or go ahead and sand/paint it?
Old 01-31-2014, 10:01 PM   #16

The first mod I wanted to do on my Tacoma was a headache rack. Had a nice custom one with bed rails on my 91. TW member jacobigindi, had totaled his truck and wanted to sell his custom made headache rack. Sad he lost his taco, but really pumped to get the rack. Can't wait til it is delivered by Fastenal. By the way, Fastenal was willing to ship the rack for 65 whereas the closest competitor was over 200. Here is a pic of Jacob's truck and the rack.
Old 02-01-2014, 08:20 AM   #17
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Nice , I had a headache rack on my truck before I got my cap
Old 03-11-2014, 08:38 PM   #18

Only a few more mods to go. The chrome bumper has to go or be painted. Have read several posts on options, but haven't made up my mind. After that, the suspension needs help; the bumper, winch, and sliders would appreciate more support.