Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

ckeene9's '12 Build

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-03-2013, 05:41 PM   #41
ckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Ground Lights

Now I need to figure out where to install a Blue Sea fuse block and a couple circuit breakers, damn supercharger intercooler reservoir is in the way.

Old 03-03-2013, 05:48 PM   #42
Most people call me ... Jim.
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
The lights look good. I'll eventually add a few bed and rock lights.

If you can't find a better spot, what about mounting the aux fuse box on top of the OEM box? As long as you route the new wires to allow moving the aux box to access the OEM box, that may work. Have to check hood clearance, of course.
Old 03-03-2013, 05:51 PM   #43
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...fs-thread.html
Old 03-03-2013, 05:51 PM   #44
ckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
The lights look good. I'll eventually add a few bed and rock lights.

If you can't find a better spot, what about mounting the aux fuse box on top of the OEM box? As long as you route the new wires to allow moving the aux box to access the OEM box, that may work. Have to check hood clearance, of course.
The bed lights have been one of my favorite mods so far.

I like the idea of mounting it to the OEM box, don't know if it'll be a large enough footprint though. Have the 12 slot fuse block and 2 circuit breakers to mount. Guess I'll have to wait for all the stuff to show up and play around with it.
Old 03-03-2013, 05:52 PM   #45

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Coma View Post

Won't fit with my intercooler reservoir.
Old 03-03-2013, 05:52 PM   #46
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
oh right, forgot you had the SC
Old 03-03-2013, 05:54 PM   #47

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeene9 View Post
I like the idea of mounting it to the OEM box, don't know if it'll be a large enough footprint though. Have the 12 slot fuse block and 2 circuit breakers to mount. Guess I'll have to wait for all the stuff to show up and play around with it.
Guess I could mount the plate to the OEM lid for a larger area as well.
Old 03-03-2013, 06:05 PM   #48
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Guess I could mount the plate to the OEM lid for a larger area as well.
I'm sure you'll find a good spot once you have it in hand. If you do try the OEM box lid, nylon fasteners might be useful to insulate it.

Do you have an empty spot with a bracket over the passenger fender area, next to the firewall? Seems like a good place.
Old 03-03-2013, 06:09 PM   #49

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoorDing View Post
I'm sure you'll find a good spot once you have it in hand. If you do try the OEM box lid, nylon fasteners might be useful to insulate it.

Do you have an empty spot with a bracket over the passenger fender area, next to the firewall? Seems like a good place.
Was definitely going to do nylon fasteners or at least so sort of coating on metal fasteners.

Thought about putting it over there but all the damn brake lines and ABS stuff is there. Not only that but have to make longer wire runs.
Old 03-03-2013, 06:12 PM   #50

Quote:
Was definitely going to do nylon fasteners or at least so sort of coating on metal fasteners.

Thought about putting it over there but all the damn brake lines and ABS stuff is there. Not only that but have to make longer wire runs.
I've got an OR with a lot of room there. I couldn't remember how much space was left after the ABS pump was installed.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:15 AM   #51

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
My OTRATW switch came in yesterday so I got that installed for the rock lights and tied it to the dome light. So in one position it comes on with the dome light and the other position it's always on.

Also wired my Ultra Gauge behind the A-Pillar trim while I was in there tapping into the dome light wire.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:17 AM   #52

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Quick photo yesterday
Attached Thumbnails
ckeene9's '12 Build-image.jpg  
Old 03-05-2013, 07:18 AM   #54

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Ultra Gauge
Attached Thumbnails
Old 03-05-2013, 07:20 AM   #55

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman614 View Post
Old 03-05-2013, 10:23 PM   #56
teamCeltics
derekjames9 is on a distinguished road

Name: Derek
derekjames9's Tacoma Gallery
how much faster is your truck with the super charger??
Old 03-06-2013, 03:41 AM   #57

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
It's a noticeable difference but couldn't give you exact numbers as I didn't run it before and after on a strip.
Old 03-09-2013, 05:39 PM   #58

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Made a cardboard template today but the only usable space was around the fuse block. Still need to figure out where to mount my circuit breakers.
Attached Thumbnails
Old 03-09-2013, 07:13 PM   #59
Not all who wander are lost
01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

01GREENTACO's Tacoma Gallery
That is one clean truck! Looks great. Can't wait to see the updated pics with the bumper.
Old 03-10-2013, 06:06 AM   #60

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01GREENTACO View Post
That is one clean truck! Looks great. Can't wait to see the updated pics with the bumper.
Thanks, bumper won't be on till Mid-April. Had it shipped to FL so I can put it on when I go down for a few days.

And you guys with these trailer builds keep making me want one. Although I'm leaning towards making a custom trailer from scratch. That will be a 2014 or later project though.

Products Discussed in this Thread