Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

ckeene9's '12 Build

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-23-2014, 05:20 PM   #1361
AaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Aaron
AaronArf's Tacoma Gallery
Damn dude. Makes me not even want to buy the flip kit from ATO seeing how they handled your rear bumper. Post that shit in the review thread.
Old 06-23-2014, 05:47 PM   #1362
ckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronArf View Post
Damn dude. Makes me not even want to buy the flip kit from ATO seeing how they handled your rear bumper. Post that shit in the review thread.
I posted it in the HC bumper thread.
Old 06-23-2014, 05:56 PM   #1363
AaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeene9 View Post
I posted it in the HC bumper thread.
you figure out what your going to do for your tank straps
Old 06-23-2014, 05:59 PM   #1364
ckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
you figure out what your going to do for your tank straps
Yep, fixing to modify them this weekend.
Old 06-23-2014, 06:00 PM   #1365

Navy:
Quote:
lemme know how it goes, got my skid coming. would rather not buy straps unless necessary
Old 06-23-2014, 06:23 PM   #1366
just dig it
EddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shedEddyRRT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 19 D PFC, 165th brg 3-34 bat 5-17
Name: Eddy
EddyRRT's Tacoma Gallery
I got a screw t handle for mine
Old 06-23-2014, 06:36 PM   #1367

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
lemme know how it goes, got my skid coming. would rather not buy straps unless necessary
Will do, should be pretty easy. I'll keep track of what hardware I get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyRRT View Post
I got a screw t handle for mine
I like that it's positively secured but with other options that have the same positive security and quick unlatch is nice.
Old 06-23-2014, 08:06 PM   #1368
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
When the original ato, Kevin, installed my gas tank skid, we held it in place and marked the bolt holes onto the straps. Then pulled the skid out of the way, used a jack to hold the gas tank, then removed the straps. Drilled holes where we had marked, stuck bolts through the holes, then he welded the heads of the bolts to the strap. If you don't have access to a welder you could try jb weld or something, but idk how well it will work.
Old 06-23-2014, 10:00 PM   #1369
The Sticker Guy
ruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ruggedT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Will do, should be pretty easy. I'll keep track of what hardware I get.

I like that it's positively secured but with other options that have the same positive security and quick unlatch is nice.
Welder over here if you need anything done up. Did my tank skid the same way on the yota... planning the same on the ferd. There's actually little indent marks on the non-offroad straps where the bolts would go. The skid I made w those spots bolted right up to my brothers offroad
Old 06-24-2014, 03:31 AM   #1370

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
That's the method that I'm planning on using. Thanks guys!
Old 06-24-2014, 04:16 AM   #1371

Navy:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruggedT View Post
Welder over here if you need anything done up. Did my tank skid the same way on the yota... planning the same on the ferd. There's actually little indent marks on the non-offroad straps where the bolts would go. The skid I made w those spots bolted right up to my brothers offroad
great info!
Old 06-24-2014, 05:18 AM   #1372

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Josh or Stan,

Do you remember what length and diameter hardware you used?
Old 06-24-2014, 08:08 AM   #1373
The Sticker Guy
ruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shedruggedT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ruggedT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Josh or Stan,

Do you remember what length and diameter hardware you used?
Just whatever random bolts I had laying around... might have been 5/16 dia or so. I trimmed off the excess once it was mounted. Theres indents in the gas tank above those marks so the head dosnt really matter.
Old 06-24-2014, 08:18 AM   #1374

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruggedT View Post
Just whatever random bolts I had laying around... might have been 5/16 dia or so. I trimmed off the excess once it was mounted. Theres indents in the gas tank above those marks so the head dosnt really matter.
Cool, good info on the head. The one write-up I saw used pan head/flat heads, which may be a problem finding in larger diameters.
Old 06-24-2014, 09:39 AM   #1375
the risk is worth the reward
mattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: matt
mattmxracer's Tacoma Gallery
We could have a war on our hands with the ATO high clearance thread. lol
Old 06-24-2014, 09:44 AM   #1376
Wannabe crawler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmxracer View Post
Just Boyd speaking his mind with some good points. Nothing out of the ordinary.
Old 06-24-2014, 09:56 AM   #1377
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
LMAO

Just the facts sir...just the facts
Old 06-24-2014, 09:58 AM   #1378
Wannabe crawler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
LMAO

Exactly what this guy said! \/\/\/\/\/\/\/
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC10TRDSPORT View Post
Old 06-24-2014, 10:36 AM   #1379

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Just the truth, no war there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC10TRDSPORT View Post
He does have good points. But email is also a standard form of business communication now a days.

Quote:
LMAO

Yes and no.
Old 06-24-2014, 11:52 AM   #1380
Remember Your ABC's. Always. Be. Cool.
Bsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBsheriff11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Brandon
Bsheriff11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
LMAO

Here's a fact, you don't know who called who or who talked to who and when, why call people morons and idiots over a situation you have no clue about? Name calling on the internet, really?

Products Discussed in this Thread