Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

ckeene9's '12 Build

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-20-2013, 12:21 PM   #1
ckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
ckeene9's '12 Build

12 APR 14

22 MAR 14

10 MAR 14

18 JAN 14, thanks Ponethousand!

7 DEC 13

Thanks to RuggedT for the pic.

25 OCT 13

20 JUL 13

19 JUN 13

13 APR 13

2012 Double Cab Short Bed
TRD Sport 4x4

Exterior
-AVS Window Shades
-Debadged
-Pop and Lock Tailgate Handle
-Grillecraft Grill
-OEM Roof Rack
-ARE Camper Topper
-Toyota Bed Mat
-Wildcattaco rail mounts for shovel and ax

Powertrain
-TRD Supercharger
-Rear Diff breather relocated to driver side bed box
-Exhaust Crossover Reroute
-Airflow Snorkel
-Nitro 4.56 gears installed by East Coast Gear Supply
-Front and rear ARB Air Lockers installed by East Coast Gear Supply
-Saikou Michi Co. S1 Oil Catch Can

Interior
-Wet Okole Seat Covers
-Salex Console Organizer
-OTRATTW Switches
-CSJumper map and dome LED's
-Ultragauge mounted on A-Pillar
-In-cab winch controls
-IMMRYO mirror relocation bracket
-Ultra Gauge
-Garmin Nuvi 2455LMT

Under the Hood
-Blue Sea 12-slot Fuse Block
-100A Stinger Marine Circuit breaker for fuse block
-Redline Hood Struts
-Fumoto Oil Drain Valve F-103N
-Diehard 31M Battery with Pelfreybilt Cage

Suspension
-OME 886's
-Dakar Leaf Packs
-Nitrocharger Sport Shocks
-LR UCA's
-All Pro U-Bolt Flip
-Tibren Rear Bump Stops
-Sway Bar removed

-Rear extended brake lines
-Rear Icon 2.0 resi shocks

Tires
-315/75/16 Hankook Dynapros
-Procomp 7069-6883

Armor
-Famous Fabrication Bolt-On Rock Sliders
-Pelfreybilt Front Bumper
-Hoops added afterwards
-Pelfreybilt IFS Skid
-Pelfreybilt Transmission Skid
-Pelfreybilt Transfer Case Skid

-ATO High Clearance Rear Bumper with Tire Gate (Jerry Can mounts and Camp Table)

Lighting
-D2S 5000K retrofit
-BHLM
-Phantom Trailhawk 4-light bar (2 Spot/2 Diffused Spot)
-Rigid Dually's (Flood) for fog lights with fog light anytime mod
-BAMF behind the grill light bar
-20" Lifetime LED bar on BAMF light bar
-LED Rock/Wheel well Lights
-LED Bed lighting
-Auxillary back-up lights (waiting to be installed)

Recovery
-Smitybilt XRC8 w/ synthetic line
-60" Hi-lift on ATO bedrail mounts
-Rugged Ridge Strap
-ARB Tree Saver
-ARB Snatch Block
-3/4" Shackles
-ARB CMKA12 compressor
-Wheeling Buddys

Comms
-Cobra 75 WX
-4' Firestik on Famous Fabrication tailgate antenna mount

Comfort
On board water via Mr. Grimm's idea
-Seat Heaters (waiting to be installed)

Planned/Wants

-In the future
ARB 50Qt Fridge
Icon Extended Travel 700# Coilovers
Wilson 1000 roof mount antenna
Spare rear drive shaft

2013 Trails and Trips
Shoe Creek, VA (Jan)
Flagpole Knob, VA (March)
Corolla, NC (March)
Shenandoah National Park, VA (May)
Flag Pole Knob, VA (July)
Uwharrie National Forest, NC (Oct)
Shoe Creek, VA (Oct)
Shoe Creek, VA (Dec)

Want to do in 2014
Potts Mountain, VA (July)
Uwharrie Nat'l Forest, NC (April)
Rausch Creek, PA
Harlan, KY?
Gulches, SC?

Supercharger installed by ToyotaTech31 at the local dealership.

Old 01-20-2013, 05:02 PM   #2
Wannabe crawler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Nice man! Jelly of the supercharger! Thanks for your service!
Old 01-20-2013, 05:17 PM   #3
AaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shedAaronArf is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Aaron
AaronArf's Tacoma Gallery
Looks awesome. I want a super charger.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:41 PM   #4
ivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andy
ivoryaddict's Tacoma Gallery
Supercharger, that's one heck of a mod to start with. Can't wait to see how it looks in the future. That's a sharp looking truck as it stands.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:21 PM   #5
Onetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOnetime27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Onetime27's Tacoma Gallery
Super jealous crazy start man!
Old 01-22-2013, 03:01 PM   #6
ckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Got my Famous Fabrication Sliders bolted on tonight.

Old 01-23-2013, 05:04 AM   #8

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks! Your build was one of the first ones I looked at and what started some ideas.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:05 PM   #9

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
OME lift kit on order!

886 Coils
Dakar Leaf Pack
Nitro Sport shocks

Got my All-Pro U-Bolt flip kit and tibren bump stops last week and my LR UCA's were shipped this morning.
Old 02-09-2013, 12:03 PM   #10

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Installed csjumper interior LED's in white and LED reverse lights. Did rear diff breather relocation to the left side bed storage box. Fog light anytime mod completed as well.

Trying to finish up my LED bed light project that I started last week and then ran into a short somewhere.
Old 02-09-2013, 04:12 PM   #11

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Bed Lights Complete

Also, drove to the store and the new reverse LED's are a lot better, especially when using the back-up camera.
Old 02-16-2013, 04:10 PM   #12

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Did a few things this week

New Bedside decals

OME 886's, Dakar leaf's, Nitro Charger Sport's, OME CB drop, Light Racing UCA's and BFG KM2's 255/80R17. Sway bar removed.

Big thanks to Yotamatt for all the install help today.
Old 02-16-2013, 05:20 PM   #13
Well, let's play chess.
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DoorDing's Tacoma Gallery
Just saw the lift/tire update over yonder. I'm seriously considering the KM2 in 265/75-16. I know you just mounted them, but how do they sound at highway speeds? I can live with a small drop in fuel economy and acceleration, but I don't a really loud tire on the highway.
Old 02-16-2013, 05:31 PM   #14

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
They're pretty loud. Could hear them over the radio at volume level 40. Acceleration is still reasonable, just likes to drop out of OD quicker when set on cruise control. Happy with them so far but only put 50 miles on them today.
Old 02-16-2013, 05:41 PM   #15
Well, let's play chess.
DoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoorDing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckeene9 View Post
They're pretty loud. Could hear them over the radio at volume level 40. Acceleration is still reasonable, just likes to drop out of OD quicker when set on cruise control. Happy with them so far but only put 50 miles on them today.
Thanks. I lack FI so the effects on power would be even more pronounced with my truck. That pretty much rules them out for me since I have to take fairly long drives to get anywhere interesting. If I lived closer to an offroad area, I wouldn't hesitate to go with the KM2. Seems like a very good choice, and I hope they work well for you.
Old 02-16-2013, 05:45 PM   #17

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by krob32 View Post
Great truck! Any trimming to fit the tires? Thanks for your service.
Thanks! I didn't serve, but served and helped protect our troops.
Old 02-16-2013, 06:28 PM   #18
Well, let's play chess.

Quote:
Thanks! I didn't serve, but served and helped protect our troops.
Thanks for having the integrity to make the correction, but from what I've seen, you definitely served. I've met so many "former Rangers" that it's refreshing to see someone simply state what they did, and realize there's no need for embelishment. Remember that as you go through life, and you won't end up being one of the douches that don't realize they've made themselves a joke.
Old 02-16-2013, 06:45 PM   #19

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the kind words. But there's no way I can take credit for what our troops do. All I had to deal with was some bad food, a little dust, and a couple cold showers.
Old 02-16-2013, 06:57 PM   #20
Well, let's play chess.

Quote:
Thanks for the kind words. But there's no way I can take credit for what our troops do. All I had to deal with was some bad food, a little dust, and a couple cold showers.
A dead American is a dead American. You were just as good a target as anyone else. You can be proud of your service without taking anything away from the troops. Just don't be a DB and start your stories with, "So there I was, knee deep in the entrails of my enemies, trying to get a palletized shipment of MREs to Firebase Assmaster with the Taliban was up my butt fo sho ..."

Products Discussed in this Thread