Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Whahaha's 07 Taco Build

Old 01-20-2013, 09:45 PM   #1
Lone Star Club
whahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jimbob
whahahajr's Tacoma Gallery
Whahaha's 07 Taco Build

Thought it was time I made a build of my own. I transfered alot over from my new member thread.
Here's what I have so far.

2007 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4 with ARB front bumper
TAG rear bumper w/d-rings
Rock sliders
Camburg UCA's
OME rear shocks and Allpro 3'' leaf springs
Hella Hid convertions
XDI cold air intake
Blacked out emblems and grille.

Next on the list is black out my rims and I need a new CV and lower BJ's. For now...

Got my passenger Hella HID converted lamp to turn on. The wiring terminals were loose. Jacked with it for 2 days.

Yes they were different colored But I got new 43k bulbs now.

Did some baking.

From this

To this. Gonna try and paint the whole grille later.

I took my grille apart and plastidiped the outer chrome part. Then soldered it back together. And blacked out all my emblems

This is before I put it back together.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:39 PM   #2
ivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andy
ivoryaddict's Tacoma Gallery
Those blue tacos always look sharp. What size tire and wheel are you sporting? Did you remove the grill while the ARB bumper was on? I have the same bumper but hadn't looked too closely at it. Great work.
Old 01-21-2013, 05:24 AM   #3
Lone Star Club
whahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhahahajr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivoryaddict View Post
Those blue tacos always look sharp. What size tire and wheel are you sporting? Did you remove the grill while the ARB bumper was on? I have the same bumper but hadn't looked too closely at it. Great work.
Thanks. Bald BFG Mud 285/75R16s. Yeah the grille comes off with 2 screws and 2 push pins. Very easy.

I guess I should add tires to the list
Old 01-31-2013, 01:39 PM   #4
Lone Star Club

Im about to order some Kenda Klevor Mts. Can't go wrong with the price and all the reviews have been good. LT285/75R16 $140.00 each
Attached Thumbnails
Whahaha's 07 Taco Build-kenda-mt.jpg   Whahaha's 07 Taco Build-kenda.jpg  
Old 02-01-2013, 06:33 PM   #5
Lone Star Club

Black grille

New tires. It's dark now so I'll take pics with new tires in the morning

Old 02-04-2013, 12:56 PM   #6
Lone Star Club

Finally mounted my jack. Had to get some hardware and relocate the brackets.

Old 02-04-2013, 01:55 PM   #7
Lone Star Club

Lt285/75/16

Old 02-20-2013, 01:31 PM   #8
Lone Star Club

Finally installed my 1" diff drop and carrier bearing spacers the other day.

Removed diff drop after more research...
Old 02-20-2013, 01:36 PM   #9
Lone Star Club

I park where ever I can
Old 03-03-2013, 03:19 PM   #10
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Airun's Tacoma Gallery
How ya liking the Kenda's so far?
Rig looks sick BTW
Old 03-04-2013, 09:39 AM   #12
Lone Star Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airun View Post
How ya liking the Kenda's so far?
Rig looks sick BTW
Thanks. All the reviews said they were quiet. I'd say they are a lil on the loud side. (Louder than my 35/13.50/20 pro comps xterran mud and 315/75/16 promp extreme mud, but quieter than my old 285/75/16 bfg muds. And quieter than my 35/12.50/16 nitto mud grapplers.)And kind of have a funky smell that has not went away. But have not had a chance to play with them offroad. Olny time will tell. They also did not balance very well. But so far for the price I'd recomend them. You get what you pay for.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:49 AM   #13
Lone Star Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by krob32 View Post
This is a solid look with those bumpers/sliders. Like-minded on chrome I see.
Thanks man
Old 04-18-2013, 07:02 PM   #14
Lone Star Club

New to me head lights(Thanks to KeavyD). The turn signal lenses were melted and I was going to swap mine in. But I just decided to break the burned ones out to see what they would look like.

Old 04-18-2013, 07:06 PM   #15
Lone Star Club

1hour later...

Old 04-18-2013, 07:08 PM   #16
Lone Star Club

Not the best pics but the lights work fine

Old 05-20-2013, 09:50 PM   #17
TacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: tony
TacoTony's Tacoma Gallery
Are you ever in SA? I think I've seen your truck around town
Old 05-21-2013, 07:33 AM   #18
Lone Star Club

Not very othen. I mainly just drive it back and forward to work here in New Braunfels. I put 5-6K a year. But ever so often I do.

I'm always on the look out for other Tacomas.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:07 PM   #19
TacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: tony
TacoTony's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whahahajr View Post
Not very othen. I mainly just drive it back and forward to work here in New Braunfels. I put 5-6K a year. But ever so often I do.

I'm always on the look out for other Tacomas.
Well it's a sweet looking truck! I'll definitely look out for it next time I go out to canyon
Old 05-22-2013, 06:55 AM   #20
Lone Star Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2tone33 View Post
Well it's a sweet looking truck! I'll definitely look out for it next time I go out to canyon
Thanks I appreciate it.