Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

TT4Ever S/C Build Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 08:15 AM   #41
Get Boosted
ToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the roughToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the roughToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the roughToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the rough

Name: Eric
ToyotaTacoma4Ever's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torspd View Post
I have no idea where you are, in relation to Darthyota, but he deals with a shop called Unobtainium. There is another shop as well. I will have to look it up.
Alright so Darthyota is in Sherwood Park which about a 5 hr drive south for me. I'm I located in Fort Mcmurray way up north. Il have to look up that shop and see where it's located. If its located in Edmonton that won't be that bad even though its still a 5 hr drive one way.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:13 AM   #43
Get Boosted
ToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the roughToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the roughToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the roughToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the rough

Wow that's pretty sweet! To bad their accross the country for me xD
Old 03-25-2013, 02:10 PM   #45
Get Boosted

For sure, one of them are fairly close by, il talk to Darthyota and see what he has to say!
Thanks again Torspd
Old 03-26-2013, 12:38 PM   #46
jarhead0313 is on a distinguished road
Marines: 3rd LAR 0313
jarhead0313's Tacoma Gallery
I am impressed! Your build looks great! It has been said before, boost is contagious.
My advice for ur next step would be, save ur money...the uconn will come out soon enough....then get it with the 7th injector, and if u really want to go crazy, at that point, upgrade all ur injectors and slap on that 2.55 pulley....
Just sayin that's what I would do...no wait that is what I am doing...ha ha!
Old 03-26-2013, 03:05 PM   #48
Get Boosted

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarhead0313 View Post
I am impressed! Your build looks great! It has been said before, boost is contagious.
My advice for ur next step would be, save ur money...the uconn will come out soon enough....then get it with the 7th injector, and if u really want to go crazy, at that point, upgrade all ur injectors and slap on that 2.55 pulley....
Just sayin that's what I would do...no wait that is what I am doing...ha ha!
You found my build

Yesss I do want that 2.55 pulley but that will bring a concern on how long the engine will last on stock components running around 10-12 PSI as a DD. I don't have a boost gauge myself but I'm guessing I'm at 7.5 roughly.

I know that's been done with the help of the NST pulleys on the other tacomas/xr's. I would have to look into it some more and see what the big picture is.

That will be my stage 3. A tune with smaller pulley and bigger injectors if needed. (Remember I still have that FPR and to where I want the engine for HP probably won't need them)
So with the boost being pretty high with that 2.55 pulley I may only upgrade to a 2.7 and staying slightly around 10 PSI max

Quote:
Gadget did just mention very recently that the progress on the '09+ connectors was coming along.
I did see his most up to date post with them, I'm sure it can't be tooo long now!!
Old 03-26-2013, 10:42 PM   #50
Get Boosted

Quote:
Just don't raise the RPM. This particular engine will handle the 10 psi much better than the raised RPM.

No more than 5700 and you will be just fine for a long time. But raised to that RPM, what's the point really?
Raising RPM wasn't my plan, I don't mind staying at stock rev limit. Yes 10 psi will be fine but how can it handle 10-12 psi on stock internals?

URD claims an increase of 3-5.5 psi with the 2.55, so from stock 6 psi to anywhere from 9-11.5 psi

With the 2.7 it's an increase from 3-4.5 psi so then you'll be around anywhere from 9-10.5 psi which I would be fine with. Ya know what I'm trying to say? lol
Old 03-26-2013, 10:43 PM   #51
jarhead0313 is on a distinguished road
Marines: 3rd LAR 0313
jarhead0313's Tacoma Gallery
Talking

Quote:
Just don't raise the RPM. This particular engine will handle the 10 psi much better than the raised RPM.

No more than 5700 and you will be just fine for a long time. But raised to that RPM, what's the point really?
i second what Torspd said...plus...i really dont see it being a problem with it being ur daily driver...its not like u will be WOT all the time...
Old 03-27-2013, 09:19 AM   #53
Get Boosted

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarhead0313 View Post
i second what Torspd said...plus...i really dont see it being a problem with it being ur daily driver...its not like u will be WOT all the time...
So your saying that I should still consider the 2.55? :P

Quote:
2.7 it is then! Sdxrunner is running effectively that. Making about 9-9.5 psi. The 2.8 and NST lower. Except he was only using the FPR mod to get the additional fueling needed, until he was able to upgrade to the UCON.

SIK X is running 10 psi on his turbo kit right now. Stock internals as well. I don't think That he raised the RPMs either.
Yeah seems like everyone stays around the 10 psi mark, see what I'm saying hehe :P
Old 03-30-2013, 06:08 PM   #54
Get Boosted

Alright i got bored today so i managed to get a couple of fixes done to the truck.

1) Fixed the issue with the drivers bulb being out (minor ground issues thanks to the help of other members)

2) Fixed the LED issue with my maps

So first thing is I ripped apart my overhead console and poped out the lenses with a flat head screw driver

Everythin was going well until i notice what the shop did with the red LED's they stuck the red ones on the side of the housing and they werent giving great light output. Well i know why now since there was no room to lay them flat for the LED's can point straight down.

So i came up with this idea. Another hilarious idea really, was to super glue two LEGO block inside the housing. LOL!

After the block was glued down it was just a matter of sticking the LED on the back side of the LEGO block with the 3M tape

Once i put the overhead console back together TA DA! ive got the original blue LED's i wanted to have and they look AWESOME!!

3) I did a little bit of painting with the TRD skid plate, since i never put the skidplate back on when i installed the 2.8 pulley i figured may as well have a bit of fun with it

I managed to cut out a stencil out of very thin cardboard but thicker than paper. The pictures speak for themselves

For the final outcome i'm pretty happy with it, by means its not perfect since i had a VERY hard time trying to lay the stencil flat on uneven surface so it didnt come out with very sharp lines. From a distance though you'll never know that until you look at it up close
Old 04-02-2013, 07:55 PM   #55
Get Boosted

Got around to install the skid plate on the truck. The painted TRD logo is hard to see when your up front but if your roughly 15 feet away you can see better. I think its a nice touch to the skid plate.

As well got my resonator in, ive got the video on the front cover page of my build so check it out!!

Sadly theres still a bit of rasp but's it has decreased A LOT. It did tone down the exhaust to where it feels like its stock again. Overall im happy with it though
Old 04-10-2013, 05:09 PM   #56
frog
jamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
jamtoz's Tacoma Gallery
much better with that resonator on there! any idea how much HP you make?
Old 04-10-2013, 05:22 PM   #57
Get Boosted

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamtoz View Post
much better with that resonator on there! any idea how much HP you make?
It's sounding alot better when the exhaust is warmed up, I'm really happy with it now

My guess would somewhere around 365 crank HP like jarhead0313
So maybe around the 315 RWHP?
I'm gonna try and get a dyno when I can head to the bigger city this summer
Old 04-10-2013, 05:33 PM   #58
frog
jamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjamtoz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
jamtoz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaTacoma4Ever View Post
It's sounding alot better when the exhaust is warmed up, I'm really happy with it now

My guess would somewhere around 365 crank HP like jarhead0313
So maybe around the 315 RWHP?
I'm gonna try and get a dyno when I can head to the bigger city this summer
nice you're making good power
Old 04-10-2013, 06:06 PM   #59
Get Boosted

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamtoz View Post
nice you're making good power
It's pretty good but I want MOAR!! haha
Goal is around 340 RWHP -> stage 3 will get me close lol