Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

TT4Ever S/C Build Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 04:44 PM   #61
Get Boosted
ToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the roughToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the roughToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the roughToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the rough

Name: Eric
ToyotaTacoma4Ever's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostrichsak View Post
Lookin' good. Give some more details on stock s/c and after you did the pulley. I realize you don't have a dyno but I'm more interested in the seat-of-the-pants difference before and after.
When I first got the supercharger I was happy with just the stock pulley until you want more power lol your eventually get use to the throw back in your seat feeling with the stock supercharger.

With the 2.8 it wakes up the supercharger a little more, you feel the supercharger/truck pull a little harder. It's by far not a huge increase but enough to feel it.

Now if you went from stock to a 2.55" you would really feel a waayy bigger gain from stock boost 6 psi to 10-12 psi
Old 04-11-2013, 08:16 PM   #62
Don't taze me bro!
Ostrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jer
Ostrichsak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaTacoma4Ever View Post
When I first got the supercharger I was happy with just the stock pulley until you want more power lol your eventually get use to the throw back in your seat feeling with the stock supercharger.

With the 2.8 it wakes up the supercharger a little more, you feel the supercharger/truck pull a little harder. It's by far not a huge increase but enough to feel it.

Now if you went from stock to a 2.55" you would really feel a waayy bigger gain from stock boost 6 psi to 10-12 psi
I've read some say that it's how the TRD s/c should have come and makes it feel the way they expected their stock s/c feel. I don't see too many stats of before/after or details so that's why I asked. I've got a 2.8 sitting here and haven't brought myself to install it yet. My biggest concern is that my truck is CPO'd so this would void that warranty which I really dig. I'm not sure the performance gains will be worth the warrant loss in my case. Still deciding.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:58 PM   #64
Get Boosted
ToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the roughToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the roughToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the roughToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostrichsak View Post
I've read some say that it's how the TRD s/c should have come and makes it feel the way they expected their stock s/c feel. I don't see too many stats of before/after or details so that's why I asked. I've got a 2.8 sitting here and haven't brought myself to install it yet. My biggest concern is that my truck is CPO'd so this would void that warranty which I really dig. I'm not sure the performance gains will be worth the warrant loss in my case. Still deciding.
What do you meant CPO'd?

I gave up on warranty as soon as I joined XRU haha I've still got 20,000KM before the power train warranty expires. Pretty sure if anything does go wrong with the engine Toyota will point the finger at that pulley big time. That's only because its the bright shiny red one, do you have that one too? or do you have the stealth 2.8?

Good luck with the choice man! It would be nice to see if someone near by had the 2.8 installed on their truck for you can see the difference lol
Old 04-11-2013, 09:16 PM   #65
Don't taze me bro!
Ostrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shedOstrichsak is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jer
Ostrichsak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What do you meant CPO'd?

I gave up on warranty as soon as I joined XRU haha I've still got 20,000KM before the power train warranty expires. Pretty sure if anything does go wrong with the engine Toyota will point the finger at that pulley big time. That's only because its the bright shiny red one, do you have that one too? or do you have the stealth 2.8?

Good luck with the choice man! It would be nice to see if someone near by had the 2.8 installed on their truck for you can see the difference lol
CPO'd = Certified Pre-Owned.

Yeah, I've got the bright red shiny one too. That's the reason for not doing it yet.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:58 AM   #66
Get Boosted

Alright so some minor cosmetic changes again. If you wanna know where this little kit came from check out this thread i started a little while back:

http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52517

So i didnt do the ENTIRE dash because it looks like it would be to much. All i did instead was do a few pieces to make it look better for it wasn't an over kill of carbon fiber. Pretty much whatever was black got turned into carbon fiber.

Pictures Speak For Themselves

On the side note of things im having a hard time finding a light weight wheel. Went to my local shop to see what they suggested for what im looking for and they were only able to find ONE rim. I'm looking for a silver rim or even try a gunmetal look? I'm open to ANNY suggestions you may have!!

This is what the shop found which are called Daggers by American Racing
Specs: 17x8" +12mm 23lbs

So with the help of the internet i was able to find MUCH MORE and the issue is it's hard to choose.

So this are the rims i came up with without breaking the bank for a custom wheel

First off are the BFD by FN Wheels
Specs: 18x9 22.5lbs

Then found these off TacomaWorld

F-5 by SCS
Specs: 16x8 19lbs!!

Stealth 6 by SCS
Specs 17x8.5 23lbs

Countersteers by Konig
Specs 16x8 17lbs!!

RT6 by Enkei
Specs: 18x8.5 26lbs

Gotta get a better shot of the truck for our photochop master can help me out here to help me decide lol

If anyone finds anything else please feel free to share!

Heres all the photoshops for you can see what they look like on the truck (feel free to let me know your opinion)

http://www.xr-underground.com/forum/...ad.php?t=52908

I also wanted to mention i seen a picture on tacomaworld of the tundra drop kit i was considering

i dunno if its just the angle of how the pic is but it seems to make the double cab look loonng, for that reason i might stay at stock height

ANNNND for the very first time i seen a swb X-Runner up here where i live!! Seen a RR one before but not this one ever! My girlfriend took the pic so she only caught 2/3 of the back end of the truck. Weather wasnt the best so my windows arent clean at all

Old 04-12-2013, 08:10 AM   #68
Get Boosted

No kidding! im pretty surprised when i seen the weight of those rims
kinda bummed they dont make em in a silver, so i would have to see how the gunmetal would look
Old 04-14-2013, 10:41 PM   #69
Get Boosted

ACCELERATION VIDEOS POSTED!!

On the front cover page of this build!
Old 05-01-2013, 12:35 PM   #70
Get Boosted

Not much of an update but this update made me change my mind about this dash kit I have. I found the 3M Di-NOC carbon fiber wrap which looks waayy better and even has a textured feel to it.

I managed to buy a sample piece for 8$ and it was enough for two pieces inside the cab.

So tearing off the old kit was a pain, next time il use some heat. Then just used some rubbin alcohol to clean up the residue that was left over. The 4x4 switch was tricky since I used the old dash piece as a template to cut out the hole for I can still see the numbering

Overall it turned out awesome and looks pretty sweet! Looks like il be tearing apart my interior to re-do this project again. Once I get the bigger roll for what I need I bet it's gonna look 10X better then this dash kit lol
Old 05-12-2013, 04:33 PM   #71
Get Boosted

NEW RIMS!! Dont matter what you guys say after my searching i finally chose the rims i wanted to have! The updated pic is on the front cover page. I chose these since there more silver then others so it can blend in with the front end and with the black blending in with the dark windows, tonneau cover etc.

The next day i wanted to weigh them and it turned out to be pretty much the same weight as the stock ones.

Here are the stock wheels

And now the Daggers

I dont think 1lbs on each wheel will make a difference at all, there is a big difference from my heavy 20" helo's that I sold at 80lbs!
Old 05-13-2013, 08:16 AM   #73
Get Boosted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torspd View Post
Looking good man. Should feel just the tad bit more responsive now.
Thanks! Yeah there quite a difference from switching from the Helo's to stock or now my newer aftermarkets
Old 05-15-2013, 10:11 PM   #74
Get Boosted

Well here's the latest order from URD, may as well get the plans going for stage 3 for the engine. I'm already getting excited!

Now I've got somewhat of an idea on how to use the snout cutter but I'm not 100% sure. Anyone have any guidance for me? It will be much appreciated!

I still kept the stock pulley and there is quite a difference with the 2.7!

Also wanted to mention, the 2.7 pulley feels like it weighs the same as the stock one, unlike the 2.8 pulley it was much lighter!
Old 05-20-2013, 05:32 PM   #75
Get Boosted

Got around doing some more carbon fiber wrapping, this little section took me around 2 hours to do -.-'

Picture speak for themselves

Before Picture

After Picture

It turned out pretty good, doing the switches on the drivers side was really tricky to do. Had to do some patch work since the original cut piece didnt cover everything. You can hardly notice the patch work, by far its not perfect but overall it looks AWESOME!!

I'l soon get around finishing the entire door and dash
Old 05-20-2013, 06:03 PM   #76
jarury will become famous soon enoughjarury will become famous soon enough

Name: jacob
jarury's Tacoma Gallery
What brand vinyl did you use? how well is it sticking?
I tried this with some cheap amazon vinyl and after being outside in the heat for a day it all began peeling back everywhere
Old 05-20-2013, 06:52 PM   #77
Get Boosted

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarury View Post
What brand vinyl did you use? how well is it sticking?
I tried this with some cheap amazon vinyl and after being outside in the heat for a day it all began peeling back everywhere
Well if youve been reading through the build the carbon fiber on the top near the speaker and door handle is that ridiculous Remin Dash Kit. That was a stupid move on my part, lesson learned though lol

The carbon fiber on where the switches are, is 3M DI-NOC carbon fiber wrap, il be replacing the Remin Dash Kit with this 3M product with it. It's a pain to get the old kit off and cleaned up

The first little bit I put on is sticking pretty well (the first two peices previously mentioned in this build) considering I didn't put any adhesive promoter. Hopefully this bit will hold up just as well
Old 05-20-2013, 07:37 PM   #78

jarury's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well if youve been reading through the build the carbon fiber on the top near the speaker and door handle is that ridiculous Remin Dash Kit. That was a stupid move on my part, lesson learned though lol

The carbon fiber on where the switches are, is 3M DI-NOC carbon fiber wrap, il be replacing the Remin Dash Kit with this 3M product with it. It's a pain to get the old kit off and cleaned up

The first little bit I put on is sticking pretty well (the first two peices previously mentioned in this build) considering I didn't put any adhesive promoter. Hopefully this bit will hold up just as well
Thanks! I need to redo mine again where did you get the 3m vinyl?
Old 05-20-2013, 08:26 PM   #79
Get Boosted

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarury View Post
Thanks! I need to redo mine again where did you get the 3m vinyl?
http://www.carbonfiberfilm.com/

These guys here are a bit more expensive then if you buy off let's say amazon (I've heard people getting there even cheaper). This company is called carbon fiber gear which runs this product.

I started with the free sample for 8$ to see what it's all about, after seeing what it can do I ordered a 48"x48" square for 120$

I'd recommend getting some adhesive promoter for it stays put there for quite some time, i really need to get some myself
Old 05-21-2013, 10:19 AM   #80

jarury's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
http://www.carbonfiberfilm.com/

These guys here are a bit more expensive then if you buy off let's say amazon (I've heard people getting there even cheaper). This company is called carbon fiber gear which runs this product.

I started with the free sample for 8$ to see what it's all about, after seeing what it can do I ordered a 48"x48" square for 120$

I'd recommend getting done adhesive promoter for it stays put there for quite some time, i really need to get some myself
Thanks!