Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

TT4Ever S/C Build Thread

Old 07-08-2013, 07:57 PM   #101
Get Boosted
ToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the roughToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the roughToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the roughToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the rough

Name: Eric
ToyotaTacoma4Ever's Tacoma Gallery
well here we go with attempt number 2 for with the carbon wrap again lol

Well this time around instead of doing it in one whole peice I took about 5 pieces and wow did it ever come sooooo beautiful! I'm really diggin this waayy better

Here's the pics!

Old 07-09-2013, 12:10 PM   #102
jarury will become famous soon enoughjarury will become famous soon enough

Name: jacob
jarury's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great!
Old 07-09-2013, 03:00 PM   #103
Get Boosted
ToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the roughToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the roughToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the roughToyotaTacoma4Ever is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarury View Post
Looks great!
Thank you sir!
Old 07-09-2013, 09:12 PM   #104
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Subbed for when I get on my computer
Old 07-10-2013, 02:36 AM   #105
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaTacoma4Ever View Post

I did however notice that the second gen TRD doesnt have a lip under the box open to air in the engine while AFE's did. So on a dyno i have a feeling im sucking some hot air from the engine bay and actually losing a few ponies........
You mean you didnt get a silicone plug in either red or black that pops into the opening at the bottom of the intake?
They do when u buy em new..... U sure u didnt get 1 in the box?

If thats the case, I lost track of 1 and bought another from AFE directly for $10.00

Shortly after I found my original one.

Id be more than happy to Send you mine for FREE if u pay shipping.

Otherwise, u can see if AFE will send 1 on good faith, but its doubtful.
Or pay them $10

Ur call

~Brock

just think, most of ya prolly thought my prior post was never gunna benefit the OP
Old 07-10-2013, 03:32 AM   #106
Get Boosted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
You mean you didnt get a silicone plug in either red or black that pops into the opening at the bottom of the intake?
They do when u buy em new..... U sure u didnt get 1 in the box?

If thats the case, I lost track of 1 and bought another from AFE directly for $10.00

Shortly after I found my original one.

Id be more than happy to Send you mine for FREE if u pay shipping.

Otherwise, u can see if AFE will send 1 on good faith, but its doubtful.
Or pay them $10

Ur call

~Brock

just think, most of ya prolly thought my prior post was never gunna benefit the OP
That would be sweet if you don't mind sending one to me, I'm sure it would be cheaper then ordering one from AFE

I got mine second hand so a plug never showed up with it, not until I mentioned about the hole others pointed it out lol
Old 07-10-2013, 03:48 AM   #107

Justus's Tacoma Gallery
and Im out............ Shoot u shipping quote this week
Old 07-10-2013, 05:46 AM   #109
Get Boosted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
and Im out............ Shoot u shipping quote this week
Sounds good man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
i want that CF wrap so bad... It's quite sexy when done right
Yeah man the gauge cluster surround came out sooooo good! I love it!
Old 08-06-2013, 09:36 AM   #110
Get Boosted

It sure has been a while since I've got anything done on my Tacoma, really there's nothing new on the truck itself but it has been blowing my mind on fuel economy lately.

Suppose ever since I've gotten my R33 GTR I've been more careful on that skinny pedal. Fuel mileage lately has been a crazy 22 MPG, despite all the mods done to the engine. First time that this truck has been getting this kind of mileage! haha

The usual mileage I get on this truck is roughly 16-17 MPG
Old 09-29-2013, 02:59 PM   #111
Get Boosted

Here's a good update on the truck

1) FINALLY got a boost gauge installed! Got this one second hand though so its not brand new!

So you can see i Tee'd in the boost line of the supercharger and so far the gauge is only reading a peasy 7psi!! WTF should be around 9 at least with the 2.7 pulley!! (Note: Elevation is only at 1200ft)

2)Got the issue of my fuel line always being empty making the engine crank over some more before the fuel lines are pressurized. In line check valve solved that issue!

Old 09-30-2013, 01:30 PM   #113
Get Boosted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torspd View Post
Looks good man. I do find it weird that the check valve on the pump wasn't working, to keep the lines pressurized. Either way, ever the innovator when a problem presents itself.

Must have had a little break from the car too huh?
Yeah I dunno what's up with that, this check valve is somewhat working -.-'

With winter coming around the corner very soon and the possibility of snow on the ground while I'm at work the car is going into storage. Making me able to drive the truck more! lol
Old 02-06-2014, 08:35 PM   #114
thebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thebottomline's Tacoma Gallery
Great thread man, I really like your truck. You obviously have time and money, keys to building an awesome rig.
Old 02-07-2014, 08:44 AM   #115
Get Boosted

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebottomline View Post
Great thread man, I really like your truck. You obviously have time and money, keys to building an awesome rig.
Thanks man! The truck is pretty much done though, if there's anything to change it would the cluster lights to from orange to blue.

The truck has been running pretty strong still with its age of 3 years 4 months back in november and being boosted for 2.5 already.
Old 02-15-2014, 01:36 AM   #117
lemon177 is on a distinguished road

Name: Matthew
lemon177's Tacoma Gallery
question with fpr mod...why dont you just route it like it supposed to be, to the intake port. then, you could bring the adjustable fpr up alittle above the stock 43psi. why did you choose to rather rely on the boost port upping the fuel pressure only to reduce it using the adjustable fpr?
Old 02-15-2014, 08:12 AM   #119
Get Boosted

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRON View Post
Awesome Build!!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon177 View Post
question with fpr mod...why dont you just route it like it supposed to be, to the intake port. then, you could bring the adjustable fpr up alittle above the stock 43psi. why did you choose to rather rely on the boost port upping the fuel pressure only to reduce it using the adjustable fpr?
I used the boost port because the s/c puts out enough psi to bring up my fuel pressure for my injectors wont' be at a stupid high Injector Duty Cycle at 5500RPM redline. If i went a put up the fuel pressure and left it at the intake port my pressure would stay at a constant psi rather coming up with my RPM's like the boost port would do

i can't remember all my calculations but for a decent AFR with a good I.D.C was around 85% with the rich tune from toyota lol

EDIT: going back to my previous posts, holy crap i had my pressure set at 35 psi lol its not that low today i founds its sweet spot at 38.5psi, then i also found that the boost pressure goes up to almos to 9 psi lol switchin from 8-9 at redline on the gauge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torspd View Post
If I may, I believe he had something kind of not right. We talked over the phone a while back. Got it setup the way it is supposed to be.

You have to setup the base fuel pressure on the FPR, without it being attacked to a vacuum/boost source. Then, once correct, attach that vacuum/boost source. That is where I think some of the confusion was.
The phone convo we had was about figuring out how much boost pressure i had without a boost gauge lol

the first time i set the FPR i had the vacuum line on but you commented and fixed that quickly lol