Notices

Overall Colorado Tacoma Build

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-22-2013, 10:31 PM   #1
OVERALL is on a distinguished road

Name: Tim
OVERALL's Tacoma Gallery
Overall Colorado Tacoma Build

Hey. First time Tacoma owner. Actually, this is my first time owning a truck of any sort. I've had a few cars and SUVs but no trucks, and I must say that I am glad I chose a Tacoma. Just thought I'd start my build thread before I get too far behind. So here goes nothin…

My 2013 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport double cab short bed Magnetic Grey Metallic as it sits today.

Factory equipment:
JBL with Entune

INSTALLED:

Passport 9500ci radar detector.
The display is inside the instrument cluster, right below the speedo. Controls are in the storage pocket to the right of the steering wheel and tucked up out of the way.
Front receivers in the grill and the rear receiver above the rear license plate.

Clifford 5704X Keyless Entry/Remote Start
With window roll-up modules. (Nice side benefit: the window modules make all four windows auto up and down from the driver seat)

Added the Directed SmartStart GPS Module

Entang Solid Fold Tonneau Cover
Which was removed for the Snugtop Topper

Window tint to match factory

Snugtop XTR topper with upgraded lock which is tied into the Clifford keyless entry.

Weathertech DigitalFit FloorLiners front and rear

Katzkin leather seats with heated seats for driver and passenger.

Pop and Lock locking tailgate handle

Console and glove box organizers from Salex

Bedrug bed liner so that the dogs don't slide around too badly when riding in the back.

Skid plate and recovery shackle from Matt 123

Bedside decals on order From Sockmonkey

Flyzeye lighting (sorry for the blurry photos...hard to get with an iPhone at night with no flash...)

STILL TO COME:
Always-on rearview camera mod
Iron Cross Side Steps?
Bumpers
Lift. Toytec Ultimate?
BHLM? Maybe MGMHLM...???
Headlight retrofit?
Black/blue/grey logos
17" rock warrior wheels? Anthracite FJ wheels?
Tires?
Rooftop tent?
if they get around to making one that fits.
Maybe an LED light bar for behind the grill.

Anyway, thanks for checking it out. ANY thoughts/comments/suggestions are welcome!
Old 01-23-2013, 02:26 AM   #4
Zombie Hunter.
evanwile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanwile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanwile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanwile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanwile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanwile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanwile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanwile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanwile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanwile is one of the sharper tools in the shedevanwile is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Evan
evanwile's Tacoma Gallery
very nice keep it up!
Old 01-23-2013, 08:23 AM   #5

OVERALL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by krob32 View Post
Great start. Looks really good. The remote start and skid are very nice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by B3AS7808 View Post
very nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanwile View Post
very nice keep it up!
Thanks. The remote start has always been nice to have. The skid was really easy to install and is pretty solid. Matt123 does a good job with them.
Old 01-23-2013, 05:02 PM   #6
lawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to all

Name: Lawson
lawless's Tacoma Gallery
those are pretty cool looking side steps but $$$. maybe sliders?
Old 01-23-2013, 05:11 PM   #7

OVERALL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawless View Post
those are pretty cool looking side steps but $$$. maybe sliders?
I like the way they look (may have to put a bed liner type paint on the aluminum steps to make them black) and I just figure i'm comparing them to factory side steps from the stealership...so not terrible
Old 01-23-2013, 08:15 PM   #8
instagram: ATC510
sytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsytfu510 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Infantry
Name: Alex
sytfu510's Tacoma Gallery
very slick with the radar detector. For some LED behind the grill, can't go wrong with the BAMF light mount and an led bar from the company below...lol
Old 01-24-2013, 10:12 PM   #9

OVERALL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sytfu510 View Post
very slick with the radar detector. For some LED behind the grill, can't go wrong with the BAMF light mount and an led bar from the company below...lol
I'm gonna have to do some planning and space out some of the additions to the truck, but I will keep it as an option.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:31 PM   #10

OVERALL's Tacoma Gallery
Added some interior lighting today. I really like what it does to the light options in the cab. VERY easy to install and very worth it!

Flyzeye lighting (sorry for the blurry photos...hard to get with an iPhone at night with no flash...)

Old 01-26-2013, 11:49 PM   #11
ivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andy
ivoryaddict's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OVERALL View Post
I'm gonna have to do some planning and space out some of the additions to the truck, but I will keep it as an option.
"space out some of the additions," wished I'd thought about that before breaking the bank. Good lookin' ride.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:59 PM   #12
flyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shedflyzeye designs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GM2 5"/54 Mount Captain, Small Arms Instructor, Ship's VBSS-Sweep Team Member & Lead Climber, Armory
Name: Darren
flyzeye designs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

STILL TO COME:
Always-on rearview camera mod
Iron Cross Side Steps?
Bumpers
Lift. Toytec Ultimate?
BHLM? Maybe MGMHLM...???
Headlight retrofit?
Black/blue/grey logos
17" rock warrior wheels? Anthracite FJ wheels?
Tires?
Rooftop tent?
if they get around to making one that fits.
Maybe an LED light bar for behind the grill.

Anyway, thanks for checking it out. ANY thoughts/comments/suggestions are welcome!
Nice post! Thanks for the great pics.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:43 PM   #13
Tundra FTMFW
csuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
csuviper's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome and nice start to the build. There is alot more $$$ to be leaving your wallet in the future.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:50 PM   #14

OVERALL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by csuviper View Post
Welcome and nice start to the build. There is alot more $$$ to be leaving your wallet in the future.
a lot might be an understatement...
Old 02-08-2013, 08:43 PM   #15
jage is a name known to alljage is a name known to alljage is a name known to alljage is a name known to alljage is a name known to alljage is a name known to all
jage's Tacoma Gallery
Got to love that Colorado carry in the console!
Old 03-01-2013, 08:14 AM   #16
Texas Aggie
CO Taco is a splendid one to beholdCO Taco is a splendid one to beholdCO Taco is a splendid one to beholdCO Taco is a splendid one to beholdCO Taco is a splendid one to beholdCO Taco is a splendid one to beholdCO Taco is a splendid one to behold
Name: Tyler
CO Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Great Mods!

Man, i just moved to CO and the remote start and heated seats are essentials up here! Thinking of going the cheaper route and getting Clazzio seat covers and just a simple viper remote start. I also like how clean the install of the heated seat switch. What did you use to cut through that plastic?
Old 03-02-2013, 07:16 AM   #17
jage is a name known to alljage is a name known to alljage is a name known to alljage is a name known to alljage is a name known to alljage is a name known to all
jage's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Katzkin leather seats with heated seats for driver and passenger.

Those are exactly like mine, buttons in the same place and everything. Do you have any idea where the fuses to the seat heaters are? Or who installed them? My DS is down and I haven't wanted to figure it out while kneeling in the snow!
Old 03-02-2013, 09:00 AM   #18
xrhode is on a distinguished road
xrhode's Tacoma Gallery
These lights are awesome.
Did you do the 'wired in' version or just the battery version.
I'm assuming the wired just come on with the rest of the interior lights, but curious if you still have the ability to turn them off while driving.

Truck is lookin good.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:38 PM   #19

OVERALL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CO Taco View Post
Man, i just moved to CO and the remote start and heated seats are essentials up here! Thinking of going the cheaper route and getting Clazzio seat covers and just a simple viper remote start. I also like how clean the install of the heated seat switch. What did you use to cut through that plastic?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jage View Post
Those are exactly like mine, buttons in the same place and everything. Do you have any idea where the fuses to the seat heaters are? Or who installed them? My DS is down and I haven't wanted to figure it out while kneeling in the snow!

I'm not sure who the dealer used to install the leather and heated seats. Sorry guys.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:39 PM   #20

OVERALL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrhode View Post
These lights are awesome.
Did you do the 'wired in' version or just the battery version.
I'm assuming the wired just come on with the rest of the interior lights, but curious if you still have the ability to turn them off while driving.

Truck is lookin good.
Thanks man. I did the battery powered ones. Seemed to be a lot simpler install. Took about 2 minutes. And the switch on the front makes it easy to turn on and off whenever I want.

Products Discussed in this Thread