Notices

SupraYota

Old 01-23-2013, 09:40 AM   #1
LsuMeDesigner is on a distinguished road
Army:
LsuMeDesigner's Tacoma Gallery
SupraYota

Well..starting my build thread.

I have a 2007 Tacoma Single cab 2.7l w/5speed.
This will be a very long and on going build soo sorry for not having updates very fast.

But as I buy/make parts ill document the process of installing them.

Hope everyone enjoys
Old 01-23-2013, 09:45 AM   #2
Army:
Alright ordered my rear off of ebay about a week ago.
I know alot of people have mixed reviews and opinions on this swap but I will try and do my best to document the process to help others out.

Its a 8.8 Ford rear from a 1998 Explorer. It has 3.73 gears, limited slip diff, and disk brakes.
I am actually picking it up today and will be wiping it down with solvent to clean it up before spraying a light coat of primer on it. Ill post pics after I do that. But here is a pic from ebay to hold everyone off.
Attached Thumbnails
SupraYota-capture.jpg  
Old 01-23-2013, 09:57 AM   #3
Army:
Just to give everyone a rough idea of where this thing is heading...but be aware this will prob change 100 times before its done. lol

Engine: 2JZ-GE VVTI from 2004 IS300
-Single precision 6262 turbo .68a/r
-All the turbo goodies of course
-Motor mods are GTE pistons and Supra turbo head gasket
-All arp hardware
Transmission: Chevy 4l65e 4sp with 3200 stall
Rear: Ford 8.8 with limited slip
-3.73 gears
-Rear disk brake conversion
Brakes: Upgraded pads, rotors, and braided lines
Suspension: XII drop kit that includes blocks for the back (for now)
-Caltracs
Wheels/tires: Flat black FR-500 replica wheels 18"x9" (front) and 18"x10.5" -(rear)

Okay...you get the picture now
Btw, I just got my motor in! Prob take it apart this weekend and see how nasty she is!
Attached Thumbnails
SupraYota-motor.jpg  
Old 01-24-2013, 10:29 AM   #4
Large Breast Enthusiast
GEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
GEORGE STRAIT's Tacoma Gallery
dis gon be cool.. in.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:37 AM   #5
Fisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shedFisher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Fisher's Tacoma Gallery
Subbed. This will be awesome!
Old 01-24-2013, 10:45 AM   #6
Blueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
Blueitrgsr's Tacoma Gallery
This is gonna be sick. I miss my 2j. Every time a single turbo jz passes me just makes me smile.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:45 AM   #7
WiR3D has much to be proud ofWiR3D has much to be proud ofWiR3D has much to be proud ofWiR3D has much to be proud ofWiR3D has much to be proud ofWiR3D has much to be proud ofWiR3D has much to be proud ofWiR3D has much to be proud ofWiR3D has much to be proud ofWiR3D has much to be proud of

Army: 12B Comabt Enginneer, OEF 11-12
Name: James
WiR3D's Tacoma Gallery
Subd!
Old 01-25-2013, 08:00 AM   #8
DOUBLEJTACOMA is on a distinguished road
Name: Jeremy
DOUBLEJTACOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd
Old 01-25-2013, 03:48 PM   #9
Road rage is a hobby
Oowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shedOowen is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EMS:
Name: Owen
Oowen's Tacoma Gallery
Old 01-26-2013, 02:21 PM   #10
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Old 01-26-2013, 04:56 PM   #12
uscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: AMT3 kodiak 60T jayhawks
Name: coby
uscg2008's Tacoma Gallery
I'm guessing this will be a streets truck?!!??!?
Old 01-26-2013, 04:59 PM   #13
I bring the feel goods
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
Old 01-26-2013, 05:01 PM   #14
Drunk Canadian
MapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapleMoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
MapleMoose's Tacoma Gallery
IBTM

(In before the Monte)
Old 01-26-2013, 05:08 PM   #15
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
This will be sweet!
Old 01-26-2013, 07:04 PM   #18
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
Why are you going to try and mate a Chevy tranny mate to it? An r154 will bolt up amd give you a 5 speed..

Should be a cool build though
At this rate he needs to use a cummins, so he can say he drives a toyota with a dodge motor, chevy tranny and a ford rear end. Haha
Old 01-26-2013, 07:12 PM   #19
Instagram: stormtrooptaco
HighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud ofHighTQCummins has much to be proud of

Name: Hank
HighTQCummins's Tacoma Gallery
do yourself a favor and stay away from FR500 reps. A good friend of mine went through 3 sets of them, all were either out of round or some other defect that caused drivability issues.

Other than that it sounds like a cool project, however I too am curious why you are going with GM auto over something of the 5 or 6MT variety