Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

My Build

Old 02-05-2013, 08:15 PM   #1
tacomaLS53 is on a distinguished road

tacomaLS53's Tacoma Gallery
My Build

I just recently started my build and i've done a few cheap mods. I'm workin on a college athlete bank account.

List of mods:
-plasti dip wheels and emblems
-AVS in channel vent visors
-Aries black bull bar

My Build-truck.jpg

My Build-img_1028.jpg

My Build-img_0921.jpg

My Build-img_0912.jpg

My Build-img_0884.jpg

What should i do next? Leveling kit? KC's? or tint?
Old 02-05-2013, 08:17 PM   #2
Nightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shedNightstr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Felipe
Nightstr's Tacoma Gallery
Nice, do the BHLM!!
Old 02-05-2013, 08:18 PM   #3
AKA Crash Bandicoot
ChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedChamYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: National Guard: Infantry/ROTC Cadet
Name: Cam
ChamYota's Tacoma Gallery
The truck looks good man, i like the new front end, and the plasti-derp changes the look significantly for the cheap.

I would personally do the tint -->Billies(spacers cause problems)---> Lights

in that order, just my opinion though,

Edited.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:31 PM   #4
ivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shedivoryaddict is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andy
ivoryaddict's Tacoma Gallery
Good looking start. A big NO on leveling kits. Can't guarantee you'll have problems, but I'm heading to the shop for a repair for the second time in less than two months due to my spacers. Look up different options on this site, there are several options that you can purchase and install yourself for about the same amount of money a shop charges to put on a leveling kit.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:38 PM   #5
tacomaLS53 is on a distinguished road

tacomaLS53's Tacoma Gallery
What do yall recomend other than a leveling kit?
Old 02-06-2013, 04:08 PM   #6
SUPERCHARGED!!!
gusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Greg
gusher's Tacoma Gallery
You know, it all depends on your budget and what you do with your truck. I put a 2.5" leveling kit on 44,000 miles ago and have had zero problems. I spent a total of $79.00 on my lift -- 2.5" Hell Bent Steel spacer up front and rear spring TSB for the rear. I needed new tires and didn't have $$$ for both a lift and new tires so I went spacer and was able to clear 33" Duratracs.

I don't love it and I do understand that I can break things if I abuse my truck. I want a real lift and am still researching and will most likely go with Billy 5100s front and rear. In the mean time, the spacer did what I needed and I have had no problems. I have no complaints about the ride -- maybe I will look back and won't be able to believe how good it rides when I do the 5100s. Also, I don't baby my truck by any means. I just drive reasonable when I'm off-road.

You say you're a college kid and I've been there and understand that doesn't leave a lot of $$$ for a lift. Do what you can afford for now...just be careful.

Just my 2-cents...