1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My Build

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by tacomaLS53, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Feb 5, 2013 at 8:15 PM
    tacomaLS53

tacomaLS53 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    I just recently started my build and i've done a few cheap mods. I'm workin on a college athlete bank account.

List of mods:
    -plasti dip wheels and emblems
    -AVS in channel vent visors
    -Aries black bull bar

truck.jpg

IMG_1028.jpg

IMG_0921.jpg

IMG_0912.jpg

IMG_0884.jpg

What should i do next? Leveling kit? KC's? or tint?

2. Feb 5, 2013 at 8:17 PM
    Nightstr

Nightstr Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Felipe
    Sacramento CA
    Vehicle:
    05 prerunner sr5
    BLHM BLWM 3" TOUGH COUNTRY LIFT TRD SEAT COVERS THULE RACK M/T KM2 265/65/16
    Nice, do the BHLM!!

3. Feb 5, 2013 at 8:18 PM
    ChamYota

ChamYota Crash Bandicoot Or Groot AKA Cham "Scottalot" Yota

Member:
    First Name:
    Cam
    Columbia,South Cakalacky
    Vehicle:
    05' Taco 4x4 swapped/ 2007 Toyota Land Cruiser
    H1 Morimoto projector with XB35 4300K bulbs with Mini-gatling gun shrouds, BHLM. Debadged,OEM roof rack,TW sticker,Sockmonkey Beside decals,265/70/16 Nitto terra grapplers with dick cepek DC'2 wheels,weathertech floor liners(front/back),USA Spec Ipod reader,Scanguage II,Bestop Supertopper and more in the works...
    The truck looks good man, i like the new front end, and the plasti-derp changes the look significantly for the cheap.

I would personally do the tint -->Billies(spacers cause problems)---> Lights

in that order, just my opinion though, :thumbsup:

Edited. :eek:

4. Feb 5, 2013 at 8:31 PM
    ivoryaddict

ivoryaddict Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Northern California
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD offroad MGM DCSB
    Custom Headache Rack, BAMF Kick-out sliders with fill plate Level Kit, ARB bumper, Warn Winch Ruff Tuff Digital Camo Seat Covers Fuel 16" Boost Wheels Duratrac 285/75/16 X-tra D-Rings in Bed
    Good looking start. A big NO on leveling kits. Can't guarantee you'll have problems, but I'm heading to the shop for a repair for the second time in less than two months due to my spacers. Look up different options on this site, there are several options that you can purchase and install yourself for about the same amount of money a shop charges to put on a leveling kit.

5. Feb 5, 2013 at 9:38 PM
    tacomaLS53

tacomaLS53 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    What do yall recomend other than a leveling kit?

6. Feb 6, 2013 at 4:08 PM
    gusher

gusher SUPERCHARGED!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Hudson NH
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4 long bed, TRD Sport
    '08 Indigo Double Cab TRD Sport 4x4 Long Bed, Grillcraft grill, Pioneer AVH-P3200BT head unit, XM receiver, Boyo backup camera, Custom devil horns Toyota logo, Black headlight mod, Fog lights on anytime mod, Maglight mount, Weathertech floor liners, Debadged, Trex color-matched eyelids, Access tonneau cover, Toyota bed divider, Sno-way 7'4" snow plow, Auxiliary backup lights, Rear spring TSB, Removed front mud flaps, 2.5" Hell Bent Steel front lift, 285/70-17 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, Satin black MB TKO wheels, Black Go Rhino Dominator II nerf steps, custom HomeLink install, CompuStar remote starter, Redline Tuning QuickLift Elite hood struts, Toyota bed mat, Custom short Taco antenna, TRD cold air intake, TRD exhaust, TRD supercharger
    You know, it all depends on your budget and what you do with your truck. I put a 2.5" leveling kit on 44,000 miles ago and have had zero problems. I spent a total of $79.00 on my lift -- 2.5" Hell Bent Steel spacer up front and rear spring TSB for the rear. I needed new tires and didn't have $$$ for both a lift and new tires so I went spacer and was able to clear 33" Duratracs.

I don't love it and I do understand that I can break things if I abuse my truck. I want a real lift and am still researching and will most likely go with Billy 5100s front and rear. In the mean time, the spacer did what I needed and I have had no problems. I have no complaints about the ride -- maybe I will look back and won't be able to believe how good it rides when I do the 5100s. Also, I don't baby my truck by any means. I just drive reasonable when I'm off-road.

You say you're a college kid and I've been there and understand that doesn't leave a lot of $$$ for a lift. Do what you can afford for now...just be careful.

Just my 2-cents...

Products Discussed in

To Top