Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Builds > 2nd Gen. Builds

Notices

Grieby54's 2013 DCSB TRD O/R Build

Old 06-21-2013, 01:27 PM   #21
Horsebit
Grieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam
Grieby54's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cstallings View Post
Good looking truck. I have been thinking about the same lift. Did you experience any different mpg from the lift. It looks like you still have stock tires.

My commute is 85 miles a day and I'm not wanting to mess my mpg up. I can get 21-22 all day long on the hwy.
Thanks. No change in MPG to report with the stock tires. The 265/75/16's should have a pretty negligible impact in gas mileage as well.
Old 07-16-2013, 02:38 AM   #22
13Tacoma is on a distinguished road

Law Enforcement:
13Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Seeing that you're up in Castle Rock where do you going wheeling? Nice looking truck..
Old 07-16-2013, 05:09 AM   #23
Horsebit
Grieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrieby54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13Tacoma View Post
Seeing that you're up in Castle Rock where do you going wheeling? Nice looking truck..
Mainly out west off of 285. I'm looking to do some trails up off of I-70 as well as a bit closer down to Colorado Springs. Maybe we could hook up some time for a run in the Springs!
Old 07-16-2013, 05:13 AM   #24
I love your mom!
Slimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Sergeant First Class
Name: Linwood
Slimwood Shady's Tacoma Gallery
Love the location if your diff breather mod!!! Sweet build, with your imagination, the potential is limited only by your wallet, or wife
Old 07-16-2013, 05:15 AM   #25
Horsebit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimwood Shady View Post
Love the location if your diff breather mod!!! Sweet build, with your imagination, the potential is limited only by your wallet, or wife
Or both

Thanks for the kind words! I don't know that mine will ever be as built as yours, but maybe as I continue to sneak nickles and dimes past my wife we'll end up there!
Old 07-16-2013, 05:19 AM   #26
I love your mom!
Slimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shedSlimwood Shady is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grieby54 View Post
Or both

Thanks for the kind words! I don't know that mine will ever be as built as yours, but maybe as I continue to sneak nickles and dimes past my wife we'll end up there!
You can do it....I can't tell you how many mods I have snuck past my wife just because she doesn't know what anything is. To be brutally honest, my truck didn't take shape like this till I said about 2 yrs ago, "I think I am about done..." boy am I eating those words....
Old 07-16-2013, 05:32 AM   #27
Horsebit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimwood Shady View Post
You can do it....I can't tell you how many mods I have snuck past my wife just because she doesn't know what anything is. To be brutally honest, my truck didn't take shape like this till I said about 2 yrs ago, "I think I am about done..." boy am I eating those words....
I was able to get my lift because the shocks on her 4Runner had gone to crap. I just told her "You love the way mine rides, so I'll just give you my whole front setup!" Success

Once I get some wheels/tires and sliders I'm happy to just keep slowly plugging away. Hopefully all that is done before next year!
Old 07-16-2013, 08:20 AM   #31
I love your mom!

Quote:
Ridiculous. That looks awesome dude.

Thank you for the compliment though
Old 07-21-2013, 01:57 PM   #32

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Mainly out west off of 285. I'm looking to do some trails up off of I-70 as well as a bit closer down to Colorado Springs. Maybe we could hook up some time for a run in the Springs!
That would be awesome! Always looking for someone to wheel with.
Old 07-22-2013, 05:57 AM   #33
Future Tacoma is just really niceFuture Tacoma is just really niceFuture Tacoma is just really niceFuture Tacoma is just really nice
Marines:
Name: Jeff
Future Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Sam looks like a nice truck.

I purchased a new 2013 Tacoma DCSB TRD Offroad for my wife as her new daily driver.

I am in the process of doing a lot of the things you are. I have not started a build thread yet. By the end of August I should have a thread up.

Nice truck.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:43 AM   #34
Horsebit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13Tacoma View Post
That would be awesome! Always looking for someone to wheel with.
Sounds good! We should plan a date and see who else from the "Upcoming Colorado Events" wants to come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Tacoma View Post
Sam looks like a nice truck.

I purchased a new 2013 Tacoma DCSB TRD Offroad for my wife as her new daily driver.

I am in the process of doing a lot of the things you are. I have not started a build thread yet. By the end of August I should have a thread up.

Nice truck.
Thanks, Jeff! Looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with. If you have any questions, let me know. What part of CO are you guys in?
Old 07-23-2013, 09:53 PM   #35

Law Enforcement:
[QUOTE=Grieby54;7193971]Sounds good! We should plan a date and see who else from the "Upcoming Colorado Events" wants to come!

Sounds like a plan. My days off change between Mon, Tues's and Sat, Sun's every shift change, every 28 days. Im sure we can come up with something..
Old 08-01-2013, 06:13 PM   #37
Future Tacoma is just really niceFuture Tacoma is just really niceFuture Tacoma is just really niceFuture Tacoma is just really nice
Marines:
Name: Jeff
Future Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Sam we live in Fort Collins.

The truck goes in next Thursday for a lift, full set of skid plates, sliders, front bumper.

I can't remember if I ordered anything else or not.

Keep in touch.
Old 08-09-2013, 06:27 PM   #39
I love your mom!

Quote:
Wheels ordered! Should be here in a couple of weeks, now it's time to save my pennies for my tires!
Old 08-19-2013, 10:28 AM   #40
ckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeene9 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ckeene9's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet looking truck!