1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tophers Tenacious Tacoma 2013

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by FMF, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Sep 28, 2014 at 5:51 PM
    zscott

zscott Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    13 DCSB Off-Road 4x4
    Yikes, The light bar came loose from the rack? Or the rack itself came loose?

2. Sep 28, 2014 at 7:07 PM
    FMF

FMF [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Topher
    Chicago Illinois
    Vehicle:
    2013 4x4 TRD OffRoad
    SUSPENSION ARB Old Man Emu BP-51 OME Internal Bypass coil overs and rear shocks Suspension ARB Dakar one ton Rear Hi-Lux Leafs EL091 U Bolt Flip Kit Firestone Ride-Rite Air Helper Spring Daystar Universal Air Bag Cradle Wheelers Front Super Bump Stops SPC Performance Adjustable Front Upper Control Arms All-Pro 4" Steel Braided Brake Lines EBC Green Stuff Brake Pads WHEELS TIRES TRD 16-in Off-Road Beadlock-Style Alloy Wheels Bronze BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain KM2 255/85R16 with matching full size spare. ARMOR ARB Deluxe Bull Bar with Quadratec Q9500is Winch with Dyneema Synthetic Rope B.A.M.F Kick Out Rock Sliders PERFORMANCE ARB Safari Snorkel TRD Performance Exhaust System INTERIOR Clazzio Leather Seat Covers LIGHTING ARB IPF 900XS Extreme Driving Lights Rigid Industries Dually Flood Lights All interior lighting swapped to LED's AUDIO Front Doors: Rokford Fosgate p1694 6x9 Rokford Fosgate Tweeter P1T-s Back Doors: Rokford Fosgate P16 6 ½ OTHER Custom Martin Truck Bodies Aluminum Flatbed Weather Tech Window Rain Deflectors Bird Dawg Tech Extreme Deck Gadget Mount PrinSu Design Aluminum Roof Rack T6 Aluminum Devil Horn Toyota Emblem Ceramic Window Tint Bushwacker fender flares
    The light bar it's self came loose. It had nothing to do with the rack. I should have used lock tight on the two bolts that hold the light bar to the rack or at a minimum check the bolts every now and then.

3. Sep 28, 2014 at 9:34 PM
    xmods

xmods Super Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nathaniel
    Kaneohe
    Vehicle:
    10' PRO-4X CC, modded..
    Too long to list :D
    Well that sucks! I never lock toghted mine but guess the rubber washers under the spanner nuts do the trick. You can also put some monofilament line around the bolt before you put it img to make your own nylock bolt!

4. Sep 29, 2014 at 4:56 PM
    FMF

Member:
    First Name:
    Topher
    Chicago Illinois
    Vehicle:
    2013 4x4 TRD OffRoad
    SUSPENSION ARB Old Man Emu BP-51 OME Internal Bypass coil overs and rear shocks Suspension ARB Dakar one ton Rear Hi-Lux Leafs EL091 U Bolt Flip Kit Firestone Ride-Rite Air Helper Spring Daystar Universal Air Bag Cradle Wheelers Front Super Bump Stops SPC Performance Adjustable Front Upper Control Arms All-Pro 4" Steel Braided Brake Lines EBC Green Stuff Brake Pads WHEELS TIRES TRD 16-in Off-Road Beadlock-Style Alloy Wheels Bronze BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain KM2 255/85R16 with matching full size spare. ARMOR ARB Deluxe Bull Bar with Quadratec Q9500is Winch with Dyneema Synthetic Rope B.A.M.F Kick Out Rock Sliders PERFORMANCE ARB Safari Snorkel TRD Performance Exhaust System INTERIOR Clazzio Leather Seat Covers LIGHTING ARB IPF 900XS Extreme Driving Lights Rigid Industries Dually Flood Lights All interior lighting swapped to LED's AUDIO Front Doors: Rokford Fosgate p1694 6x9 Rokford Fosgate Tweeter P1T-s Back Doors: Rokford Fosgate P16 6 ½ OTHER Custom Martin Truck Bodies Aluminum Flatbed Weather Tech Window Rain Deflectors Bird Dawg Tech Extreme Deck Gadget Mount PrinSu Design Aluminum Roof Rack T6 Aluminum Devil Horn Toyota Emblem Ceramic Window Tint Bushwacker fender flares
    Got the light bar back on and working today. Thanks for the tip Nate!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Sep 29, 2014 at 5:05 PM
    loco

loco Who wants to ride my Brack Burrito???

Member:
    First Name:
    Phil
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Vehicle:
    1996 Diesel Land Cruiser AKA Brack Burrito
    Well its a land Cruiser with a diesel so I've got that going for me.
    So what did you end up doing to keep the bolts in place? Rubber washer? Loctite?

6. Sep 29, 2014 at 5:06 PM
    loco

Member:
    First Name:
    Phil
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Vehicle:
    My rack gets ordered tomorrow just like yours....

7. Sep 29, 2014 at 5:26 PM
    FMF

Member:
    First Name:
    Topher
    Chicago Illinois
    Vehicle:
    2013 4x4 TRD OffRoad
    I used Nate suggestion on using fishing line. Before I make my trip to overland east I will add some loctite. The issue of the bar falling off was not the racks falt at all. It was mine for not being smart enuff to check the tightness of the bolts from time to time. You will like the rack a lot!

8. Sep 29, 2014 at 5:33 PM
    loco

Member:
    First Name:
    Phil
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Vehicle:
    Thanks! I sure hope so! Zach was great to deal with that's for sure! I have been waiting for a way to cleanly integrate the big bar onto my roof while still being able to keeep gear up there. The Prinsu seems perfect!

Side note...What eye colts are using up there? Looking for a way to secure Yak, bikes and pelican case. Not all at the same time but eyes will be needed for them for sure.

9. Sep 29, 2014 at 5:41 PM
    FMF

Member:
    First Name:
    Topher
    Chicago Illinois
    Vehicle:
    2013 4x4 TRD OffRoad
    Added some grip tape to the CDN M101's fenders. They would get a bit slick when wet.

[​IMG]

10. Sep 29, 2014 at 7:58 PM
    uscg2008

uscg2008 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    coby
    San Diego, CA originally from Huntington Beach, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 trd sr5 four door 4x4
    CLICK ON SIGNATURE>>>>
    Night shots?

11. Sep 30, 2014 at 5:26 PM
    FMF

Member:
    First Name:
    Topher
    Chicago Illinois
    Vehicle:
    2013 4x4 TRD OffRoad
    Started packing for our trip to the Overland East expo coming up this week.

[​IMG]

Did the vinyl sticker mod to the trailer should have added at least 50hp!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
  12. Oct 1, 2014 at 3:08 PM
    FMF

Member:
    First Name:
    Topher
    Chicago Illinois
    Vehicle:
    2013 4x4 TRD OffRoad
    All packed up and ready to go! 0300 wake up and off to Overland Expo East

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Oct 1, 2014 at 3:24 PM
    Chux

Chux Pura Vida

Member:
    NJ beaches
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD O/R Beach Buggy
    Click on my Build
    Great setup! When truck mods start slowing down :rolleyes:
    I wanna start looking for a trailer. That's the only way I'd run a RTT, on a trailer like yours.

14. Oct 1, 2014 at 4:48 PM
    loco

Member:
    First Name:
    Phil
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Vehicle:
    Where is the trailer build page????

15. Oct 2, 2014 at 8:17 AM
    FMF

Member:
    First Name:
    Topher
    Chicago Illinois
    Vehicle:
    2013 4x4 TRD OffRoad
    We use to run the RTT on a rack over the softoper but it was a pain in the ass if you wanted to go some ware while camping.

Haha no build page for it yet. Might start one this winter when I add a pull out kitchen and on board water. It's a nice well built trailer. When you are I. The market it's worth trying to find a CDN M101. They only mad the CDN model for one year 1992.

16. Oct 2, 2014 at 4:10 PM
    loco

Member:
    First Name:
    Phil
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Vehicle:
    Ohhhh I won't be buying...I will be building it. Wife just got me a nice new welder for my B-Day. Good for 1/4" so I'm set!

Already planning how I want to do it. Need it to drag a couple of bikes.

17. Oct 9, 2014 at 5:09 PM
    FMF

Member:
    First Name:
    Topher
    Chicago Illinois
    Vehicle:
    2013 4x4 TRD OffRoad
    Just a few pics from Overland Expo East
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

It got down to about 28 one night. The only camp fires they where allowed where propane fires

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Base camp

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

One cool ass 2012 Tacoma

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Some of the wicked rigs at the expo

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Got an early birthday gift from my wife the expo

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

One sweet diesel rig!!
    [​IMG]

18. Oct 9, 2014 at 5:12 PM
    geekhouse23

geekhouse23 The "Liftman" - @DrFunker

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2GMGMDCSB4WDTRDFTMFW!! TL;DR
    mostly stock, grocery gettin' Prius
    Awesome!!! Looked like a great time!

Who from the series brought the Ex-O rig down? Absolutely LOVE the YouTube series.

19. Oct 9, 2014 at 5:27 PM
    FMF

Member:
    First Name:
    Topher
    Chicago Illinois
    Vehicle:
    2013 4x4 TRD OffRoad
    The whole crew was there with the Tacoma and trailer. Clay was a very down to earth guy and it was cool being able to shoot the shit with them for quite a while!

20. Oct 24, 2014 at 7:20 PM
    FMF

Member:
    First Name:
    Topher
    Chicago Illinois
    Vehicle:
    2013 4x4 TRD OffRoad
    Finally went to made it to rausch creek offroad park. It's a fairly cool park for house of you that have not been I recommend it!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Products Discussed in

To Top